LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
IMO, Juan Perez should be a September call-up and will have another shot to impress. He's already a plus defender with a plus arm, but he was clearly overmatched at the plate after an initial hot start (which happens to most prospects). Not saying he's the long-term answer at leadoff/CF, but he deserves a more consistent look. Unfortunately we already know what Blanco/Torres can do at CF and leadoff, so they have nothing to lose by giving Perez a shot.

I think Torres/Blanco are hitting like .098 since the break

I am down for anyone besides these two.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Scutaro never had much pop. He is still better than anyone else we have at 2B as of now.

he slugged .473 last year, he was getting extra base hits, he is at .386 this year.... all singles.

Arias will be an upgraded defensively and is hitting around .300 right now.

I doubt anyone would agree with you. But, that is nothing new.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Torres and Blanco are hot garbage. anyone would be better at the plate than either of those two.
IMO, Juan Perez should be a September call-up and will have another shot to impress. He's already a plus defender with a plus arm, but he was clearly overmatched at the plate after an initial hot start (which happens to most prospects). Not saying he's the long-term answer at leadoff/CF, but he deserves a more consistent look. Unfortunately we already know what Blanco/Torres can do at CF and leadoff, so they have nothing to lose by giving Perez a shot.

In general, it would be incredibly dumb to not let as many young guys as possible get a ton of ABs. Kieschnick, Brown, Adrianza, Perez, Monell should get long looks....and just play Belt at first every day.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

In general, it would be incredibly dumb to not let as many young guys as possible get a ton of ABs. Kieschnick, Brown, Adrianza, Perez, Monell should get long looks....and just play Belt at first every day.

Agree
Probably not Brown though, doesn't deserve a call-up...not sure why I listed him. Meant Heath Hembree, but wrote Brown.
For the future Blanco should be a reserve outfielder.
Probably not Brown though, doesn't deserve a call-up...not sure why I listed him. Meant Heath Hembree, but wrote Brown.

His stock isn't going to be much lower anyway. May as well let him come up and pinch run and get a couple starts in CF.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

His stock isn't going to be much lower anyway. May as well let him come up and pinch run and get a couple starts in CF.

Practically speaking, I get that...but a September call-up is also a reward for good-to-great performance during the year. All the guys listed before (Hembree, Perez, Monell, Adrianza and I'd throw in Peguero) have either been consistently good all year or have really turned it on towards the end of the year, and getting that major league call-up is the icing on the cake.

Brown just hasn't done enough during the year or down the stretch to warrant that kind of reward nor inclusion on the 40-man roster.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM ]

Practically speaking, I get that...but a September call-up is also a reward for good-to-great performance during the year. All the guys listed before (Hembree, Perez, Monell, Adrianza and I'd throw in Peguero) have either been consistently good all year or have really turned it on towards the end of the year, and getting that major league call-up is the icing on the cake.

Brown just hasn't done enough during the year or down the stretch to warrant that kind of reward nor inclusion on the 40-man roster.

Don't disagree but they need to figure out what they're going to do with him.

Don't disagree but they need to figure out what they're going to do with him.

I think one more year in the PCL should determine whether he sticks around/comes up or they cut their losses with him (maybe trade him for whatever they can get).
Scutaro 2B Crawford SS Pence RF Posey C Sandoval 3B Belt 1B Kieschnick LF Blanco CF Gaudin SP
  • Garce
  • Veteran
We gon' win cause Brewers blow and Gaudin is a Cy Young candidate.

Agree as well as brown and hembree
Amy Gutierrez@AmyGGiants Just spoke to Ryan Vogelsong. He's starting at AT&T park this Friday for your #SFGiants
Share 49ersWebzone