There are 172 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by pdizo916:
I wouldn't trust him. This is his contract year after all.

Meh, 6 years, one bad season. No matter how bad it was he isn't just good out of nowhere due to contact.

We will see though.
Top 10 prospects (IMO)

1.) Kyle Crick, RHP - high A
2.) Chris Stratton, RHP - low A
3.) Andrew Susac - C, AA
4.) Heath Hembree, RHP - AAA
5.) Edwin Escobar, LHP - AA
6.) Martin Agosta, RHP - low A
7.) Gary Brown, CF - AAA
8.) Clayton Blackburn, RHP - high A
9.) Mac Williamson, RF - high A
10.) Joe Panik, 2B - AA
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Great article on Edwin Escobar:

Snippets -

To (Ross) Grimsley, who's been a Minor League pitching coach for San Francisco since 1999, the hurler's polish at such a young age is reminiscent of another youngster he coached. "He's way ahead of schedule, from what I've seen," Grimsley said. "I know we had [Madison] Bumgarner here several years ago and I can kind of compare them. He's like a mini-Bumgarner to me.

On the polished end, it's Escobar's strong fastball command that's made his initial success at Double-A possible. "He's a guy that has come in throwing. Velocity-wise, he's in the low- to mid-90s at times, but the big thing is he keeps the ball down," Grimsley said. "At that velocity with some movement, he keeps the ball at the knees. When he does go up, he gets swings and misses. They'll chase balls out of the zone. He's just been fantastic commanding his fastball."

"There are some little odds and ends, things he can do to make him even better and more consistent, which would be fantastic," Grimsley said. "His delivery is good, but it could be better. That will affect his changeup and his breaking ball, help those more. Grimsley is confident those tweaks will be made with time and projects Escobar to become an "outstanding big league pitcher," in large part because he couples his athleticism and ability with a quality work ethic.

"Just talking to him and having him here and seeing how his work ethic is and how he goes about stuff, he goes about it as a veteran guy," Grimsley said. "He's very consistent about his [side sessions], works hard off the field in his running program and with the weights. "He doesn't say anything. He goes out and does what he's supposed to do. He watches the game, tries to learn. He does everything you would want a player and a pitcher to do."

Martin Agosta seems to be under the radar right now. Hes been tearing up A ball this year.

Absolutely, Agosta has probably been the most dominant pitcher in the system this year not named Kyle Crick.

He wont ever be an elite prospect, mainly because he sits low 90's, but I think hes turning out to alot better than we anticipated. Local kid too.

I think he might make a better reliever (maybe a set-up guy) since he can let it loose in the mid-90's for a short period of time, has a nice cutter and is working on a change-up.
Blanco just tripped over himself running back to the dugout. Lol
Singles by Scut, Pablo and Posey is 1-0
Lol Zito could have given up that homer. 29 year old journeyman RHP, nah
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Is Zito still on the team?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Is Zito still on the team?

Ya

Btw, Kieshnick looks solid. Kid just battled from a 1-2 count to 3-2, fouled a bunch off then had a hard single up the middle. I want MOAR!
Now Kieshnick just broke up the double play. I like
Quiroz hitting a very impressive .192, its a no brainier why we kept him. I mean, we had a backup last year that helped us win a title, why not switch to this hitting machine? A change was definitely needed.

Quiroz hitting a very impressive .192, its a no brainier why we kept him. I mean, we had a backup last year that helped us win a title, why not switch to this hitting machine? A change was definitely needed.

I hate him too.
I'd really like to take this series.
Crawdog with a 2 RBI triple
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Too early, Quiroz just grounded to the one spot on the field you don't hit to with a runner on third with less than 2 outs.
Share 49ersWebzone