LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Bonifacio #BlueJays player most likely to move, but team mostly quiet. Jays also shopping Melky, per @BNightengale on @MLBNetwork.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/172228-2013-mlb-regular-season-discussion-thread/page168/#ekuMt0eF4IBAzG3P.99

bring back MelkMan SAVE THIS SINKING SHIP
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
other than the Dodgers, who would you guys say are our other top rivals?

1. Dodgers
2. Oakland A's
3. Dbags
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
And Belt should get starts everyday at 1B, but clearly that makes too much sense.

I think Belt may have played his way out of San Francisco. He's been given a shot. He played extremely well down the stretch last year. After a promising start this year, like Brandon Crawford, he's tailed way off. If Pill responds and the team starts winning again, it's going to be very hard for Brandon to get off the bench...

I seriously doubt that Belt is going to lose his job to Brett Pill. They may unload him but it wont be because of Pill.

IMO, they'll hold onto Belt until Susac is ready, which is likely 2015. IMO if Belt doesn't show more consistency by next year, they'll ship him out, give Buster more time at 1st and have him split the catching duties with Susac. If Susac delivers in his role, a full-time move to first for Posey could come sooner rather than later.

Posey isnt moving to 1B anytime soon. The Giants gave him 167 mil. to be a catcher. Posey has at least 5 more years at catcher.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
other than the Dodgers, who would you guys say are our other top rivals?

1. Dodgers
2. Oakland A's
3. Dbags
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
And Belt should get starts everyday at 1B, but clearly that makes too much sense.

I think Belt may have played his way out of San Francisco. He's been given a shot. He played extremely well down the stretch last year. After a promising start this year, like Brandon Crawford, he's tailed way off. If Pill responds and the team starts winning again, it's going to be very hard for Brandon to get off the bench...

I seriously doubt that Belt is going to lose his job to Brett Pill. They may unload him but it wont be because of Pill.

IMO, they'll hold onto Belt until Susac is ready, which is likely 2015. IMO if Belt doesn't show more consistency by next year, they'll ship him out, give Buster more time at 1st and have him split the catching duties with Susac. If Susac delivers in his role, a full-time move to first for Posey could come sooner rather than later.

Posey isnt moving to 1B anytime soon. The Giants gave him 167 mil. to be a catcher. Posey has at least 5 more years at catcher.

Unless you're Brian Sabean/Bruce Bochy, you don't know this for sure. Nice opinion though.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Bonifacio #BlueJays player most likely to move, but team mostly quiet. Jays also shopping Melky, per @BNightengale on @MLBNetwork.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/172228-2013-mlb-regular-season-discussion-thread/page168/#ekuMt0eF4IBAzG3P.99

naw

Again, Belt hasn't shown the ability to play his way out of a slump and sustain things for any real period of time. So to keep throwing him out there when he's going this bad isn't a good thing, IMO....not for him, and definitely not for the team. Plus, when you're hitting this poorly as a team, you just HAVE to change things up. You can't keep throwing the same lineup out there and expect different results, so I get what Bochy is trying to do. The season is lost, no doubt, but you still have to try and win every game you can, and right now Belt can't hit water from a boat.

Hard to show an ability to do something when you're never given the chance. He's probably going to start LESS games this year than last, which is something I could have never imagined happening. Sure, I don't have a problem with him sitting to get rest every now and then, but if he's going to start a platoon with Pill then I have a problem with Bochy's thinking.

Again, Belt hasn't shown the ability to play his way out of a slump and sustain things for any real period of time. So to keep throwing him out there when he's going this bad isn't a good thing, IMO....not for him, and definitely not for the team. Plus, when you're hitting this poorly as a team, you just HAVE to change things up. You can't keep throwing the same lineup out there and expect different results, so I get what Bochy is trying to do. The season is lost, no doubt, but you still have to try and win every game you can, and right now Belt can't hit water from a boat.

Hard to show an ability to do something when you're never given the chance. He's probably going to start LESS games this year than last, which is something I could have never imagined happening. Sure, I don't have a problem with him sitting to get rest every now and then, but if he's going to start a platoon with Pill then I have a problem with Bochy's thinking.

This might be more of a "get your s**t together, Brandon" kind of move.
Originally posted by boast:

naw

Dodgers will sign him too.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Melky blows. .275 with no power and no speed, no thanks.
It's sad posting as if its the offseason
kyle crick

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Garcia:
Melky blows. .275 with no power and no speed, no roids.

ftfy
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
It's sad posting as if its the offseason

Might as well be.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
ftfy

I wonder if Francouer was on the juice as well.

They were teammates. Francouer had a very good year in 2011 as did Melky.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM ]
only thing to look forward to is the young guys getting a look
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

naw

Dodgers will sign him too.

probably lol
Share 49ersWebzone