• Garce
  • Veteran
Romo for Avisail Garcia, do it.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Romo for Avisail Garcia, do it.

No.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
One thing about Danimal... He makes Garcia look like a baseball genius in comparison.

It isnt even worth the time to debate someone who obviously has one agenda. All he cares about is coming in this thread to rip on Romo when he blows a save. Can't you get banned for being an obnoxious troll?

for a guy that doesn't know baseball I sure seem to end up being right a lot

You on the other hand the self proclaimed guru of the board made comparisons of Romo to Mariano and such others

Career stats (6 seasons) - 2.31 ERA, 0.91 WHIP, 323 K in 272.1 IP (10.6 K/9)

Last year in the playoffs he had a 0.84 ERA with an 0.47 WHIP. 3 saves in the World Series.

How about this, in the recorded history of the K/BB statistic, possibly the best way to judge a pitchers quality, minimum of 250+ career innings pitched, Sergio Romo's career 5.77 K/BB rate ranks 2nd all time, behind only Koji Uehara.

To give you an idea of how good his K/BB and ERA+ numbers are compared to the qualified 1000 innings guys, the all time modern era leader is Curt Schilling with a 4.38 K/BB, and Mariano Rivera with a 206 ERA+. Romo's K/BB is well above that, and his ERA+ is 165, which would be good for 2nd place ahead of Pedro Martinez at 154.

Obviously the guys who did it over 1000+ innings in a career are far more impressive, but the pace and quality Romo has been at very much compares to that caliber of pitcher.

Even the best closers go through rough spots. He has dominant stuff, elite control, and proved in the playoffs last year that he can keep his cool under the pressures of the playoffs and WS. You've either never followed baseball before, and have no idea what youre talking about, or youre just trolling to get reactions.
should just tell pence yo. We need to trade you for prospects for a little bit, then we will sign you as a free agent :)
Originally posted by Zachary:
should just tell pence yo. We need to trade you for prospects for a little bit, then we will sign you as a free agent :)

This, lol secret plan
I would hate to deal Romo. I feel like we really need the guy. Even if we brought BW back in some crazy shocking event.

At this point.. I'd gladly deal just about anyone on the team outside of: Bumgarner, Posey, or Pablo.

Love Javy, but we need help.
Originally posted by robniner:
As Donnie Baseball is off the firing range, Bruce Bochy may be entering it.

Amazing no managers have been fired thus far.

From the Dodgers thread

i keep reminding myself that Niner football is right around the corner...
thank god stop watching 3 games ago, that cubs series must have been torturing to watch
Originally posted by Niners99:

There is a 0% chance the Tigers trade us Castellanos (a top 20 prospect) for a package like that. The Tigers said theyre satisfied with Benoit, and they arent in dire need of offense.

So satisfied with Benoit that they just traded for Jose Veras.

Was for Danry Vasquez, the Tigers #3/#4 ranked prospect and Veras is a rental.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jul 29, 2013 at 8:22 AM ]

One thing about Danimal... He makes Garcia look like a baseball genius in comparison.

It isnt even worth the time to debate someone who obviously has one agenda. All he cares about is coming in this thread to rip on Romo when he blows a save. Can't you get banned for being an obnoxious troll?

You on the other hand the self proclaimed guru of the board made comparisons of Romo to Mariano and such others

LOL You are whacked if you think I ever put Romo in the same league as Rivera. Tell me.. what have you been right about anyway. Pretty sure I cant remember one thing.. Oh by the way........... Romo was an All Star.

You can go now.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by robniner:
As Donnie Baseball is off the firing range, Bruce Bochy may be entering it.

Amazing no managers have been fired thus far.

From the Dodgers thread

Originally posted by Niners99:

Career stats (6 seasons) - 2.31 ERA, 0.91 WHIP, 323 K in 272.1 IP (10.6 K/9)

Last year in the playoffs he had a 0.84 ERA with an 0.47 WHIP. 3 saves in the World Series.

How about this, in the recorded history of the K/BB statistic, possibly the best way to judge a pitchers quality, minimum of 250+ career innings pitched, Sergio Romo's career 5.77 K/BB rate ranks 2nd all time, behind only Koji Uehara.

To give you an idea of how good his K/BB and ERA+ numbers are compared to the qualified 1000 innings guys, the all time modern era leader is Curt Schilling with a 4.38 K/BB, and Mariano Rivera with a 206 ERA+. Romo's K/BB is well above that, and his ERA+ is 165, which would be good for 2nd place ahead of Pedro Martinez at 154.

Obviously the guys who did it over 1000+ innings in a career are far more impressive, but the pace and quality Romo has been at very much compares to that caliber of pitcher.

Even the best closers go through rough spots. He has dominant stuff, elite control, and proved in the playoffs last year that he can keep his cool under the pressures of the playoffs and WS. You've either never followed baseball before, and have no idea what youre talking about, or youre just trolling to get reactions.
THIS. Nice summary 99.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Rangers linked to Pence... Think there's any chance of prying away Profar? Still not sure what the long term plan is for him in Texas. Kinsler to 1B?

Not dying to give away Pence but with a weak hitters market, you gotta listen if someone comes calling.

Come on Sac. You know better than that. There are only 2 players on the Giants that Texas would accept for Profar and they are Posey and Bumgarner.

Simply pondering.
Basura
Share 49ersWebzone