There are 188 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

really sucks we're not going after this guy

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9490115/miguel-alfredo-gonzalez-drawing-interest-multiple-teams-sign-next-week-agent-says

I'd hate to see him go to the Dodgers
Originally posted by vrabbit:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9490115/miguel-alfredo-gonzalez-drawing-interest-multiple-teams-sign-next-week-agent-says

The Giants dont bother with international guys unless theyre 15 years old. Then we give them 4 mil. to sign.

After Chapman, Cespedes, and Puig, youd think we'd be more interested in taking the chance.
Originally posted by Niners99:

The Giants dont bother with international guys unless theyre 15 years old. Then we give them 4 mil. to sign.

After Chapman, Cespedes, and Puig, youd think we'd be more interested in taking the chance.

You would think. I would like to see all the international players put in the regular draft, I think it would even things out and take the Dodgers away from just buying more players.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You would think. I would like to see all the international players put in the regular draft, I think it would even things out and take the Dodgers away from just buying more players.

Didnt we give Villalona a 3 mil signing bonus at 15, and Rafael Rodriguez 4 mil at 17? Money well spent Giants...

But then we pass on Cespedes and Puig. I dont even think we looked into it. The Giants probably have a bottom 5 international scouting dept.

Didnt we give Villalona a 3 mil signing bonus at 15, and Rafael Rodriguez 4 mil at 17? Money well spent Giants...

But then we pass on Cespedes and Puig. I dont even think we looked into it. The Giants probably have a bottom 5 international scouting dept.

We did sign Gustavo Cabrera last year and he was the top international prospect and also Nathaniel Javier who's up there also.

Now wether or not they pan out is another story.
replay of timmah's no hitter on at 730.
21 year-old Joan Gregorio just pitched a 7 inning no-hitter for Augusta (10 K's and one walk). After a rough June he's really coming on in July and is definitely someone to keep an eye on. Not to mention, the whole Augusta starting staff is pitching well this year:

Joan Gregorio (21, 6'7", 180) - 6-2, 60.2 IP, 3.12 ERA, 1.05 WHIP
Kendry Flores (21, 6'2", 175) - 6-6, 100 IP, 3.15 ERA, 0.97 WHIP
Martin Agosta (22, 6'1", 180) - 7-3, 74.1 IP, 2.18 ERA, 1.08 WHIP
Chris Stratton (22, 6'3", 186) - 7-3, 84 IP, 3.96 ERA, 1.32 WHIP
Joseph Biagini (23, 6'4", 215) - 6-3, 76.1 IP, 4.60 ERA, 1.40 WHIP
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM ]
You guys better figure out who to sacrifice for Norris because I would hate it if the Dodgers get the hometown guy.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
21 year-old Joan Gregorio just pitched a 7 inning no-hitter for Augusta (10 K's and one walk). After a rough June he's really coming on in July and is definitely someone to keep an eye on. Not to mention, the whole Augusta starting staff is pitching well this year:

stratton.

that whip...

Agosta
Originally posted by robniner:
You guys better figure out who to sacrifice for Norris because I would hate it if the Dodgers get the hometown guy.

Yeah I'm definitely on the Norris bandwagon. Time to start rebuilding the bottom half of this rotation. I feel like we could spare a couple young pitching prospects considering we have quite a few. Plus, like John said, Norris is under control for more than this season.

Originally posted by pdizo916:

stratton.

that whip...

Agosta

A 1.32 WHIP isnt even that bad. Its average, so it definately could be better, but its not terrible.
RICHMOND, VA - The Richmond Flying Squirrels (45-53) won their third straight ballgame and also ended a six-game slide against the Bowie Baysox (50-47) with a, 6-3, win in front of 9,144 at The Diamond on Thursday night.

21 year-old Edwin Escobar (1-1), making his Diamond debut, was outstanding. He worked into the seventh inning, allowing just a lone run on six hits across 6 2/3 innings. He did not issue a walk and struck out seven to earn his first win at the Double-A level.

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Yeah I'm definitely on the Norris bandwagon. Time to start rebuilding the bottom half of this rotation. I feel like we could spare a couple young pitching prospects considering we have quite a few. Plus, like John said, Norris is under control for more than this season.

I think the Giants absolutley need to pull the trigger on Norris if the price is reasonable. What would be a fair price? Gary Brown and one of our young pitchers not named Crick or Stratton? I would offer Brown and Kickham and see if they would bite.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM ]

I think the Giants absolutley need to pull the trigger on Norris if the price is reasonable. What would be a fair price? Gary Brown and one of our young pitchers not named Crick or Stratton? I would offer Brown and Kickham and see if they would bite.

Brown and Kickham wouldn't get it done. Maybe Brown/Agosta or Brown/Susac/Kickham or Brown/Escobar.....guys with a little more upside would have to be included.

Brown and Kickham wouldn't get it done. Maybe Brown/Agosta or Brown/Susac/Kickham or Brown/Escobar.....guys with a little more upside would have to be included.

I dont want to include Susac. Brown/Blackburn?
Share 49ersWebzone