LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Hey Ghost. Those youngsters are making fun of us old guys in the Parking Lot. They need to show us old Ball Dudes some respect.

lol not making fun of you guys (well, maybe except for John cuz he rarely makes an appearance in the PL), but we just didn't know Ghost is as old as he is.

I might have to be a regular in the PL. Fun watching certain people say stupid things. But, I wont name any names.
Hey Ghost. Those youngsters are making fun of us old guys in the Parking Lot. They need to show us old Ball Dudes some respect.

lol not making fun of you guys (well, maybe except for John cuz he rarely makes an appearance in the PL), but we just didn't know Ghost is as old as he is.

Old fart, but still kicking....barely!

I might have to be a regular in the PL. Fun watching certain people say stupid things. But, I wont name any names.

don't need to name any names, cuz chances are, we already know who you're talking about.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

i'm sure. no ones older than John and Rubber.

Old but wise Ghost.. old but wise.

Rubber is like my Dads age I think. I believe he saw Joe Dimaggio in his prime.

Old but wise Ghost.. old but wise.

Rubber used to babysit Joe D...

i found his high school senior picture.

Rubber went to school with George Washington

Crick pitched tonight in SJ and gave up no hits, no runs, 6 Ks and 5 BBs in 5 IP. He was dominating until the 5th when he walked the bases loaded, but was able to get out of it. That's back-to-back 5 inning starts with no runs allowed and only 1 hit in 10 innings. The only downside is that his fastball has been in the 94-96 range whereas in the past starts he was pretty consistently in the 97-98 range. He's also struggled getting his breaking pitches over for strikes lately, relying almost exclusively on the fastball. And even though he has 10 Ks in those 10 innings, he also has 10 walks.

Bottom line though it's been 2 dominating starts in a row with less than his best stuff, and the Cal League is hitting .178 against him.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 17, 2013 at 11:28 PM ]
Crick pitched tonight in SJ and gave up no hits, no runs, 6 Ks and 5 BBs in 5 IP. He was dominating until the 5th when he walked the bases loaded, but was able to get out of it. That's back-to-back 5 inning starts with no runs allowed and only 1 hit in 10 innings. The only downside is that his fastball has been in the 94-96 range whereas in the past starts he was pretty consistently in the 97-98 range. He's also struggled getting his breaking pitches over for strikes lately, relying almost exclusively on the fastball. And even though he has 10 Ks in those 10 innings, he also has 10 walks.

Bottom line though it's been 2 dominating starts in a row with less than his best stuff, and the Cal League is hitting .178 against him.

Who would you compare him to?
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Who would you compare him to?

Id say he compares to Matt Cain, but with a little more heat on his fastball, and a little less control.

Mechanics can affect velocity, so being down to 95-96 is probably just shaking off rust.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

very giants related.
keep up the good work.
Originally posted by Garcia:

very giants related.
keep up the good work.

How do you know hes talking about you?
Share 49ersWebzone