There are 185 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If I had a nickle for everytime you made a stupid post I could retire. Now, go report me. You are good at that.

maybe if you spent more time on collecting for your retirement instead of trying to grow your dick with baseball knowledge you could retire.
3000 pages of SF Giants thread arguing! Congrats everyone!

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I agree, but theres no way Detroit trades a top 20 prospect for a couple of RP.

Also, trading Romo for Avisail Garcia would be idiotic. We could do MUCH better than that.

I just threw that name out there because thats the only know I can remember from what Larry Kruger said.

Apparently they have 5 top prospects they are willing to deal for bullpen help.

Look I'm with Ninerjohn, I'm not desperate to trade anyone, outside of Bumgarner and Posey I would listen to what other teams have to offer for our other players if a team gets desperate and overpays then the trigger should be pulled. If teams are just low balling then hold onto our players and just DFA players like Zito and Torres, Francouer etc.

With that said, I would try to find a way to shut Matt Cain down for the season. I think all those innings pitched in previous years have caught up to him this year, so I would try find a way to give Cain an extended layoff and hope he comes in fresh for the 2014 season.

Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with shutting down Cain IF it's clear by say mid-August that we're out of the race.

I could see skipping a start or two but I truly cannot imagine a scenario where they just shut down Matt for 6 weeks because of past innings pitched.
If I had a nickle for everytime you made a stupid post I could retire. Now, go report me. You are good at that.

maybe if you spent more time on collecting for your retirement instead of trying to grow your dick with baseball knowledge you could retire.

Actually, I could retire now but my financial situation is not a topic in this thread. My only hope is that you somehow gain enough knowledge to not embarrass yourself each and every time you make a post.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Actually, I could retire now but my financial situation is not a topic in this thread. My only hope is that you somehow gain enough knowledge to not embarrass yourself each and every time you make a post.

Please, enough with this garbage John. No one cares.
Get the f**k over it. It's not healthy to hold grudges.
Settle down doods

Please, enough with this garbage John. No one cares.
Get the f**k over it. It's not healthy to hold grudges.

I dont have a grudge against anyone Garcia. I just am outspoken and never afraid to call things as I see them. You have made ridiculous posts, flipped flopped like crazy, would have paid Zito a fortune more than already paid, thought Pegeuro was a stud prospect. And on and on... But I admit. I am guilty because it is fun to call you out on these stances of yours.

Maybe we should get together and have a beer. Oh wait, Im not Dave.
I'm so disappointed in blackburns performance so far. His k to walks ratio is phenomenal but his era was in the mid 4 s.

Has neone here seen him live to give an analysis on his struggles?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I'm so disappointed in blackburns performance so far. His k to walks ratio is phenomenal but his era was in the mid 4 s.

Has neone here seen him live to give an analysis on his struggles?

Ghost would be the one I could think of that has.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I dont have a grudge against anyone Garcia. I just am outspoken and never afraid to call things as I see them. You have made ridiculous posts, flipped flopped like crazy, would have paid Zito a fortune more than already paid, thought Pegeuro was a stud prospect. And on and on... But I admit. I am guilty because it is fun to call you out on these stances of yours.

It's okay to have a change of opinion. Zito was not as bad as he is now when I was calling for an extension. That was only because he was getting $7 mill anyway and with the way Vogey and Lince were pitching, our rotation was looking bleak next year. You can't expect Sabean to replace 3/5 of the rotation in one off season. That was the reasoning.

You take my posts out of context. Obviously, things have changed, Zito has gotten worse - Timmy is getting better. Vogey is still a mystery.

Peguero, again you take that out of context then run with it like a little school girl. I will explain myself again, they brought up Peguero last year ahead of Gary Brown in the September call ups, that tell me they like Peguero and think he is more ready than Gary Brown. From that point on I "ROOTED" for Peguero. I never thought he would be the 2nd coming of Willie Mays, I just liked his skill set and wanted him to succeed. THATS IT.

You take one snippet from my posts and for some reason turn it into something grandiose when its more me just being a fan and making suggestions. You do this because you don't like me, so you look for anything you I write that you can scrutinize and do so to the 10th degree. You must be smart enough to realize that it doesnt effect me, but only makes you look like an a*****e.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
lmao
Don't want Lincecum back for anything more than 6-7 mil/yr. That way if he ends up in the bullpen, which I'm sure he will, he'll be just an overpaid bullpen arm. And my stance won't change even if he wins every start for the rest of the year.

And I want to get as far from Zito as humanly possible.

These are two pitchers I simply do not trust under multi-year deals.

It's okay to have a change of opinion. Zito was not as bad as he is now when I was calling for an extension. That was only because he was getting $7 mill anyway and with the way Vogey and Lince were pitching, our rotation was looking bleak next year. You can't expect Sabean to replace 3/5 of the rotation in one off season. That was the reasoning.

You take my posts out of context. Obviously, things have changed, Zito has gotten worse - Timmy is getting better. Vogey is still a mystery.

Peguero, again you take that out of context then run with it like a little school girl. I will explain myself again, they brought up Peguero last year ahead of Gary Brown in the September call ups, that tell me they like Peguero and think he is more ready than Gary Brown. From that point on I "ROOTED" for Peguero. I never thought he would be the 2nd coming of Willie Mays, I just liked his skill set and wanted him to succeed. THATS IT.

You take one snippet from my posts and for some reason turn it into something grandiose when its more me just being a fan and making suggestions. You do this because you don't like me, so you look for anything you I write that you can scrutinize and do so to the 10th degree. You must be smart enough to realize that it doesnt effect me, but only makes you look like an a*****e.

It's Nth degree, not 10th degree. And Any more back and forth between you guys will end up in warnings. So please, stop.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Don't want Lincecum back for anything more than 6-7 mil/yr. That way if he ends up in the bullpen, which I'm sure he will, he'll be just an overpaid bullpen arm. And my stance won't change even if he wins every start for the rest of the year.

I understand what you're sayonh but lincy will get a 12+ million contract from someone due to his reputation and his no hitter
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

I understand what you're sayonh but lincy will get a 12+ million contract from someone due to his reputation and his no hitter

You're right, I just hope it's not from us. I think his best days are in the rearview, but wtf do I know.
Share 49ersWebzone