LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Gaudin for Cy

Best hands in the business.

He's just glad he can hold the lead for such a great grope of teammates.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Gaudin for Cy

He's seems to have a real grasp of the game while he's out there on the mound
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Gaudin for Cy

He's seems to have a real grasp of the game while he's out there on the mound
He's grabbing the bull by the horns this season.
are we on a winning streak?
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
This season ain't over

lol funny how quickly people can go from thinking the sky is falling, to getting confidence back again.

Hopefully we get a couple more wins here in SD and snuff out any talk about trading Romo. Nobody in this division scares me, and we still have 2.5 months of baseball left to catch up.

That's what I'm talking about. And I've never given up on the season yet. 2.5 months left and Pence/Pablo are bound to bust out of their slumps at any moment. Pablo kinda has already lately.
Last night was a turnaround game if there ever was one imo.
21 year-old LHP Edwin Escobar makes his AA debut tonight for Richmond. They're really moving this kid through the system and it's understandable as to why. If he succeeds in Richmond the rest of the year, it's very possible he could start 2014 in Fresno and maybe even see the majors later in the year. I thought he was at least 2-3 years away because of his age, but his stuff/production definitely warrants advancement through the system. Not to mention, our desperate need for starting pitching.

Acquired from Texas in April of 2010, Escobar is having a similar year to 2012, where he started 22 games with Augusta, going 7-8 with a 2.96 ERA. Almost every major statistic remains the same aside from one improvement: strikeouts. He's striking out an average of three more batters per nine innings, upping his ratio from 8.4 to 11.8. He's been snake-bitten in 2013, somehow managing to only have one win in 11 starts with impressive numbers.

Radio broadcaster Joe Ritzo from San Jose called Escobar's fastball "electric," as it sits in the low-to-mid 90s. He throws a sweeping curveball and a changeup — both of which appear to be well-developed, plus pitches.
Don't know about the rest, but I haven't given up hope. Things were bad to the point where I don't think many were "making time in their schedule" to see the Giants play. Right now.. it's still a wait and see kind of thing.. but I'm hoping for the best.
If there's anything the Giants can do well, it's develop young arms. Escobar is obvious evidence.
Platoon Tenaka and Frenchy?

Is that the plan?

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Is that the plan?

That was probably the plan before Tanaka starting showing he could be a factor. Francouer would still be an interesting bat off the bench, but I'd hate to sit Tanaka in favor of JF right now.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Is that the plan?

That was probably the plan before Tanaka starting showing he could be a factor. Francouer would still be an interesting bat off the bench, but I'd hate to sit Tanaka in favor of JF right now.

Agreed
With Crick, Stratton, Blackburn and Escobar in the minors, our SP for the future looks pretty bright. That makes me think that the FA's we'll inquire on during the offseason will be veterans who are looking for 1-2 year deals. I just don't see us re-signing Zito or Lincecum at this point.
With Crick, Stratton, Blackburn and Escobar in the minors, our SP for the future looks pretty bright. That makes me think that the FA's we'll inquire on during the offseason will be veterans who are looking for 1-2 year deals. I just don't see us re-signing Zito or Lincecum at this point.

I'd add Ty Blach, Martin Agosta, Adalberto Mejia and Chase Johnson as young SP's to also keep an eye on.

Youre forgetting probably the best looking one right now. Martin Agosta. 2.18 era, 92 k's in 74.1 ip, 1.07 whip, .186 opp avg.
Share 49ersWebzone