LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

francoeur used to be a decent player, but has basically been a .210 hitter with horrible on base percentage for two years now. What concerns me as well is he is a right fielder really, and will probably platoon in LF for us. He has played like 5 games in left in his career.

The bright side (I have to look for one) is hopefully he resurrects his career for half a year with us. He has talents, maybe a change of scenery and spacious park puts vinegar back in his piss. We will know pretty soon.

He will not be a starter. Role player for sure.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
francoeur used to be a decent player, but has basically been a .210 hitter with horrible on base percentage for two years now. What concerns me as well is he is a right fielder really, and will probably platoon in LF for us. He has played like 5 games in left in his career.

The bright side (I have to look for one) is hopefully he resurrects his career for half a year with us. He has talents, maybe a change of scenery and spacious park puts vinegar back in his piss. We will know pretty soon.

He will not be a starter. Role player for sure.

please dear god just no more Torres at all, not another game
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This is just a bad baseball team.

Sadly this is the case. Was watching the Dodgers game last night (same time I was watching Giants on computer). The Giants have just one position right now where they are clearly better than the Dodgers.. Catcher. I think they also have slight edge at 2b and 3B (although Uribe is playing better than Panda right now). Other than that the Dodgers have the edge at every position. Also have better starting pitching.

Fk the Dodgers because they just went out and spent tons of money but reality is............. if they play well and dont have injuries they are just a much better team than the Giants this year.
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by kujon11:
picked up francoeur. championship

I have seen this type of phrase before. It makes me laugh when posters put "championship" next to a bad or negative item.

Cool story
Well sadly and pathetically, if this leads the Giants to DFA Torres than I would have to consider picking up Francoeur as a small upgrade

With that said, I believe by the end of the month they will to start looking towards 2014. For now I'm ok with having Francoeur on the team for the rest of the month to see if they can magically turn the season around in the next 12 games given that no prospects were given up and will only cost the Giants the major league minimum.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I guess Francoeur is worth a shot at this point. Maybe he can pull some 2010 Aubrey Huff type s**t out of his ass.

Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Well sadly and pathetically, if this leads the Giants to DFA Torres than I would have to consider picking up Francoeur as a small upgrade

With that said, I believe by the end of the month they will to start looking towards 2014. For now I'm ok with having Francoeur on the team for the rest of the month to see if they can magically turn the season around in the next 12 games given that no prospects were given up and will only cost the Giants the major league minimum.

How's the Gary Brown kid doing down at the farms?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Absolutely horrible. 1-15 w/RISP.

as crazy as this sounds, I would leave Belt in the #3 hole for at least one more game, give him a chance to redeem himself.

Dude just went 0-8 with 5 strikeouts; that's essentially 2 games worth of awful...there's no way you put him back in the 3rd spot. Come on man.

LOL.. Come on Ghost. You dont think 0-8 with 5 Ks warrants another shot at the 3 hole?

I think it warrants some time on the bench and a Brett Pill call-up.
Having belt in the three hole means we are already giving up the game

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS it's a minor-league deal for francoeur with #SFGiants. reports to fresno tonite. SF 1st reported by @Ken_Rosenthal
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

How's the Gary Brown kid doing down at the farms?

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=518502
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS it's a minor-league deal for francoeur with #SFGiants. reports to fresno tonite. SF 1st reported by @Ken_Rosenthal

Great still nobody worth a s**t in left field
Good luck with Frenchy. He'll drive you crazy.
Belt was just the 10th player to bat at least eight times, collect no hits and strike out at least five times. Chris Davis did it last year. If only he could become Chris Davis.
Share 49ersWebzone