There are 230 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Absolutely horrible. 1-15 w/RISP.

as crazy as this sounds, I would leave Belt in the #3 hole for at least one more game, give him a chance to redeem himself.

Dude just went 0-8 with 5 strikeouts; that's essentially 2 games worth of awful...there's no way you put him back in the 3rd spot. Come on man.

Belt hitting at 3 spot is the second worst decision ever made. Leaving him in there after 9 innings is the worst decision. Belt is a strikeout machine and after today, his confidence is most likely shot. Bochy should have taken him out after all those strikeouts. Instead, he takes out Pence who had a decent game. We're wasting away Posey's awesome hitting game after game.
Dude just went 0-8 with 5 strikeouts; that's essentially 2 games worth of awful...there's no way you put him back in the 3rd spot. Come on man.

he made Bochy look retarded for doing that.... wow.

Bochy made himself look retarded with the whole Kontos/Lopez transition. Not to mention his brilliant idea to leave Torres in, take Pence out, and then put Torres in RF.

Posey and Scutaro are the only hitters on the team that I even trust to do anything right. After the game Posey had at the plate (as well as behind it), and the bullpen throwing 9 great innings, Crawford ends up wasting it because he made a sloppy effort on an easy roller to short. He makes some spectacular plays, but sometimes I wonder about his focus and consistency on defense.
Belt and Blanco on fire!!!!
Originally posted by Niners99:

he made Bochy look retarded for doing that.... wow.

Bochy made himself look retarded with the whole Kontos/Lopez transition. Not to mention his brilliant idea to leave Torres in, take Pence out, and then put Torres in RF.

Posey and Scutaro are the only hitters on the team that I even trust to do anything right. After the game Posey had at the plate (as well as behind it), and the bullpen throwing 9 great innings, Crawford ends up wasting it because he made a sloppy effort on an easy roller to short. He makes some spectacular plays, but sometimes I wonder about his focus and consistency on defense.

16 innings will do that to a player. I put the blame on the offense, not him.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jul 9, 2013 at 6:28 AM ]
Adding Jeff Francoeur

THOUGHTS???
[ Edited by robniner on Jul 9, 2013 at 6:49 AM ]
so many opportunities last night.

so frustrating...really good pitching performance from Timmy. great hitting from Buster. RISP throughout extra innings and STILL couldn't capitalize.
Originally posted by robniner:
Adding Jeff Francoeur

THOUGHTS???

"meh" signing. we need bodies and hopefully he'll provide some sort of spark. the good thing is that the Royals are responsible for most of his salary ($6+ mill).
Why are Kontos and Torres still on this team?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Why are Kontos and Torres still on this team?

to be fair, Kontos pitched well last night. but yea, he still makes me nervous on the mound.
picked up francoeur. championship

Absolutely horrible. 1-15 w/RISP.

as crazy as this sounds, I would leave Belt in the #3 hole for at least one more game, give him a chance to redeem himself.

LOL.. Come on Ghost. You dont think 0-8 with 5 Ks warrants another shot at the 3 hole?
Adding Jeff Francoeur

THOUGHTS???

He is horrible... but probably still an upgrade in LF. That is how bad it is for the Giants.
Belt, please get your s**t together. I am tired of seeing this fckin image each and every game

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Adding Jeff Francoeur

THOUGHTS???

"meh" signing. we need bodies and hopefully he'll provide some sort of spark. the good thing is that the Royals are responsible for most of his salary ($6+ mill).

bacon tuesday
Originally posted by kujon11:
picked up francoeur. championship

I have seen this type of phrase before. It makes me laugh when posters put "championship" next to a bad or negative item.
Share 49ersWebzone