Romo doing the Hanley
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Aw s**t
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Nolasco to the damn dodgers

Not worth giving up 3 prospects for a rental.

Only one is a top 20 Dodger prospect . #8. They really didnt give up much at all. BUT.. they did have to pick up all of Nolasco's contract

I dont think the Dodgers give a flying poo-poo about anyone's contract or how much it is. A 5 year old could succeed as Dodgers gm.
A win!
FROM MLBTR

"Not so long ago, the Giants looked like a
contender that might look to shore up some
holes before the trade deadline. Now, Henry
Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle
says ( on Sulia ), the team is playing its way
into becoming an obvious seller. He argues
that, unless the team can manage at least
a .500 mark on its current homestand, it
should consider dealing Hunter Pence, Javier
Lopez , and possibly Tim Lincecum"
lopez

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Hunter :(
I just can't see us being sellers... There are still 77 games left to be played and we're only 5 games out. Blanco and Pablo looked good today, and it's only a matter of time before Pence gets going again. Gaudin is back and I believe this time off for Vogelsong to rest his arm will be extremely beneficial.

Call me an optimist, but this same team won the W/S last year and we're still more than in it.

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I just can't see us being sellers... There are still 77 games left to be played and we're only 5 games out. Blanco and Pablo looked good today, and it's only a matter of time before Pence gets going again. Gaudin is back and I believe this time off for Vogelsong to rest his arm will be extremely beneficial.

Call me an optimist, but this same team won the W/S last year and we're still more than in it.

Casilla returning too.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Agreed. Highly doubt that the Giants are sellers unless someone wants Lincecum or willing to overpay for Lopez or Pence. I just dont think they will be buyers either unless they start playing well and showing that they actually can contend for the NL West.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
we better not trade pence.
Originally posted by Garcia:

Well it depends what we get back. If some one is offering a high end outfield prospect, you have to consider it. If a team is just offering B level prospects, then the Giants should hold onto him, see if a reasonable contract extension can be worked out and possibly get a 1st sandwich pick if he leaves as a FA.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by Garcia:

Well it depends what we get back. If some one is offering a high end outfield prospect, you have to consider it. If a team is just offering B level prospects, then the Giants should hold onto him, see if a reasonable contract extension can be worked out and possibly get a 1st sandwich pick if he leaves as a FA.

Pence will be good for the next 3-4 years. He stays in tip top condition, doesnt get hurt and will hit/run for 20HR/20SB and prob around .270-.300... we better get a lot or I will be incredibly pissed. No reason to trade him when we dont have anyone to fill his position.
Share 49ersWebzone