LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

I wish I could pull it up but I remember a LOT of you guys acting like this and having the same criticism in the NLDS. And NLCS. We look awful but still soooo much time left and our division is garbage.

Lets see what happens. As hard as it is to watch.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
I wish I could pull it up but I remember a LOT of you guys acting like this and having the same criticism in the NLDS. And NLCS. We look awful but still soooo much time left and our division is garbage.

I guess there were some. However, there was a much better feeling about last years team. Probably because the bullpen was great and they had 3 very dependable starters which always gives you a chance.

Not giving up by any means which would be silly when you are just a few games out at the break. A lot will depend on who they can get in a trade, whether Vogelsong can come back and pitch well, and if the bullpen rebounds. If all that happens, they have a shot.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

I guess there were some. However, there was a much better feeling about last years team. Probably because the bullpen was great and they had 3 very dependable starters which always gives you a chance.

Not giving up by any means which would be silly when you are just a few games out at the break. A lot will depend on who they can get in a trade, whether Vogelsong can come back and pitch well, and if the bullpen rebounds. If all that happens, they have a shot.

It's depressing to be where we are now after winning a World Series so one-sidedly. But it's true, hope is not lost. Hopefully, they can get hot and come out on top.
I'm really concerned that if the Giants fall any further out of this thing, which I think they will do, Sabean will start trading away "pieces." One of those pieces that I fear Sabean might try to move is the Panda. I sure hope not. Sure he's having an off year. Sure he's got weight issues. But he's also played a key role in two World Series runs.

Yes, I know he didn't play in the first one. But he helped get us there. As far as last year? I think his play speaks for itself.

I'm concerned that Sabean may try to move him or Hunter Pence. I'd rather not see it happen.

Damn Giants! Play better!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I'm really concerned that if the Giants fall any further out of this thing, which I think they will do, Sabean will start trading away "pieces." One of those pieces that I fear Sabean might try to move is the Panda. I sure hope not. Sure he's having an off year. Sure he's got weight issues. But he's also played a key role in two World Series runs.

Yes, I know he didn't play in the first one. But he helped get us there. As far as last year? I think his play speaks for itself.

I'm concerned that Sabean may try to move him or Hunter Pence. I'd rather not see it happen.

Damn Giants! Play better!

I have no problem with trading Panda depending on what we would get back. He is not a guy I see giving a long term contract to anyway. Fat and lazy isnt a good combination when you think about investing long term in someone. Posey could end up moving over to 3rd at some point anyway.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I have no problem with trading Panda depending on what we would get back. He is not a guy I see giving a long term contract to anyway. Fat and lazy isnt a good combination when you think about investing long term in someone. Posey could end up moving over to 3rd at some point anyway.

this. i am furious with Pablo's lack of professionalism and motivation. he loses the weight after being the forgotten man in 2010. performs well in 2011. gains some weight back but still light enough to perform in 2012 and help win the WS. now, he doesn't even fckin care!! lay off the frappucinos, Pablo!
yea but he sells panda hats
need a clutch hit for a change here.
lol.... clutch hit is too much to ask for lately.
Pablo with another whiff.

Zito's not throwing 84 miles of hot fire
wtf happen to this offense? im starting to think we need hitting more than pitching now.
I swear this team is always down in. The 1st 2 innings
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
wtf happen to this offense? im starting to think we need hitting more than pitching now.

No they'll turn it around. Everyone outside of Posey is just cold at the moment. We need pitching badly.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Giants need both.
Share 49ersWebzone