There are 225 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

is it just me or does it seem like every time i read a post game recap, blanco makes at least one out per game on the basepaths
Originally posted by Niners99:
Its July 2nd, were within 3 games of 1st place, and we just won 2 of the last 3 WS titles. I think some people in here are being a bit overdramatic.

What happened in 2010 and 2012 has nothing to do with this year though. Nothing will ever take that away. However, watching this team is incredibly frustrating and in my opinion they have too many holes right now to repeat. Only two dependable starters, a bad bullpen outside of Romo, no power in LF, SS, 2B, and CF, and below average defense does not make for success.

Reality is the Dodgers are a much better team with Puig and my guess is they win the division if they stay healthy and add a pitcher. Sure, the Giants are only 3 games out but they are now 5 games under .500 despite having the most come from behind wins. It could be even worse. Hopefully, they can get some magic back but I am pretty skeptical at this point.
now what???
Some good Giants news tonight, Angel Villalona hit his first HR in AA, a 3-run shot in the 4th inning.

Just doesn't seem like our year right now, I hope they turn it around and make things interesting.
Originally posted by kujon11:
is it just me or does it seem like every time i read a post game recap, blanco makes at least one out per game on the basepaths

Homer Bailey should send him a thank you note for saving his no hitter. If he stays put at 2nd base, Posey beats that out. Bailey forgot to cover 1st on the play. But alas, Blanco decided to run right into an out at 3rd base and a fielders choice.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Its July 2nd, were within 3 games of 1st place, and we just won 2 of the last 3 WS titles. I think some people in here are being a bit overdramatic.

What happened in 2010 and 2012 has nothing to do with this year though. Nothing will ever take that away. However, watching this team is incredibly frustrating and in my opinion they have too many holes right now to repeat. Only two dependable starters, a bad bullpen outside of Romo, no power in LF, SS, 2B, and CF, and below average defense does not make for success.

Reality is the Dodgers are a much better team with Puig and my guess is they win the division if they stay healthy and add a pitcher. Sure, the Giants are only 3 games out but they are now 5 games under .500 despite having the most come from behind wins. It could be even worse. Hopefully, they can get some magic back but I am pretty skeptical at this point.

I know, im just saying since weve won 2 of the last 3 WS titles, we have very little to be unhappy about big picture.

Its never acceptable to lose, or be bad, but you cant win them all. The fact that im even annoyed at the way theyve been playing seems short-sighted in the grand scheme, considering how good its been to be a Giants fan the last few years.

That being said, I can distinctly remember points in both the 2010 and 2012 season where things looked just as bleak as they do right now. I remember points when things looked so bad, I was convinced the season was lost, even as late as August onward. You just never know, especially when youre in a division with no real contender. Baseball is so up and down, we could get hot soon and move back into 1st place, and everyone would be back in the "repeat" mindset.

I think Puig makes the Dodgers alot more of a contender than they were before, but I still dont buy it. Hes been WHITE hot in his first few months, but he's not going to hit .450 all year obviously. He's going to cool off sooner or later. The rest of their team just seems flat to me. The Dodgers of the 2012 and pre-Puig 2013 are a lame bunch of guys with chronic injury issues and "I already got paid-itis".

Bumgarner and Cain are pitching well now, and we'll get Vogelsong back sometime this month (while at the same time booting Kickham). Im not saying things will definitely improve, but were better than this. As long as we stay within reasonable striking distance of 1st place, we have until Sept. to pull ahead.

I know, im just saying since weve won 2 of the last 3 WS titles, we have very little to be unhappy about big picture.

Its never acceptable to lose, or be bad, but you cant win them all. The fact that im even annoyed at the way theyve been playing seems short-sighted in the grand scheme, considering how good its been to be a Giants fan the last few years.

That being said, I can distinctly remember points in both the 2010 and 2012 season where things looked just as bleak as they do right now. I remember points when things looked so bad, I was convinced the season was lost, even as late as August onward. You just never know, especially when youre in a division with no real contender. Baseball is so up and down, we could get hot soon and move back into 1st place, and everyone would be back in the "repeat" mindset.

I think Puig makes the Dodgers alot more of a contender than they were before, but I still dont buy it. Hes been WHITE hot in his first few months, but he's not going to hit .450 all year obviously. He's going to cool off sooner or later. The rest of their team just seems flat to me. The Dodgers of the 2012 and pre-Puig 2013 are a lame bunch of guys with chronic injury issues and "I already got paid-itis".

Bumgarner and Cain are pitching well now, and we'll get Vogelsong back sometime this month (while at the same time booting Kickham). Im not saying things will definitely improve, but were better than this. As long as we stay within reasonable striking distance of 1st place, we have until Sept. to pull ahead.

Looking at the standings, the only NL West rep in the playoffs will be the division winner. That said, the Giants must play better and not just tread water until September.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

We shall see. If I had to bet though right now I would take LA. Puig has really made a huge difference and you know they are going to go get a starter. I have the feeling that this just isnt the Giants year. Sabean made a big mistake when he gambled on 2 bad hitters to platoon in LF and to not have any pitcher ready to come up if a starter went down. The Giants have also failed in letting Sandoval get so out of shape. There should have been weight clauses or simply sit his fat ass down if he got too heavy.

Now you are right that NO team in this division is out of the race. The Giants could have a huge July and be leading at the end of the month. Anything is possible. But, if you think the Dodgers are flat its nothing compared to the baseball the Giants are playing right now. Just no spark.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i'm a huge fan of the Giants. have been for more years than some of you have been alive. but i'm gonna protest by not watching anymore games until after the break. the team's play is affecting my attitude.

i know...no1curr, don't let the door hit ya...blah blah blah.....see y'all after the break.
Originally posted by boast:
i'm a huge fan of the Giants. have been for more years than some of you have been alive. but i'm gonna protest by not watching anymore games until after the break. the team's play is affecting my attitude.

i know...no1curr, don't let the door hit ya...blah blah blah.....see y'all after the break.

Just ban Garcia if he makes a crazy trade offer. That will make you feel better.

Just ban Garcia if he makes a crazy trade offer. That will make you feel better.

lol

Share 49ersWebzone