There are 223 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Seems like most of Belts hits/hr's come in garbage time.

There is no pressure for him to produce.
maybe Kickham's value for us in the future could be a long reliever
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

The Giants have several pitchers in their organization that have much bigger upsides. I think Kickham will be lucky to have much value in any capacity. Crick, Stratton, Blackburn, Agosta, Surkamp , Heston.... to name a few with more promise.

I just wish the Giants had ONE stud hitter in their system. Just ONE. Instead they have guys like Gary Brown and Joe Panik. Guys who will never be great hitters in the majors.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
go giants

failure
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

The Giants have several pitchers in their organization that have much bigger upsides. I think Kickham will be lucky to have much value in any capacity. Crick, Stratton, Blackburn, Agosta, Surkamp , Heston.... to name a few with more promise.

I just wish the Giants had ONE stud hitter in their system. Just ONE. Instead they have guys like Gary Brown and Joe Panik. Guys who will never be great hitters in the majors.

Surkamp with another promising start in AAA tonight. I think it was you and a few others didn't think he'd amount to anything, but I much rather see him in the rotation the next time someone goes down.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Surkamp with another promising start in AAA tonight. I think it was you and a few others didn't think he'd amount to anything, but I much rather see him in the rotation the next time someone goes down.

I have never thought Surkamp would be great or even that good but he is certainly better than Kickham. You thought Surkamp, as I recall, was a better prospect than Wheeler which I never agreed with and still dont. You also liked the Beltran-Wheeler deal partly because of Surkamp. Hey, I hope you are right and he is special because God knows the Giants need someone to step up.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 1, 2013 at 10:45 PM ]
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

I have never thought Surkamp would be great or even that good but he is certainly better than Kickham. You thought Surkamp, as I recall, was a better prospect than Wheeler which I never agreed with and still dont.

No. I thought that since Surkamp was pitching lights out in AA, it made Wheeler expendable. I never thought he was the better, and I don't think anyone did. But with his command and his ridiculous K/BB ratio, I thought he could've been a solid end of the rotation starter for us at some point. I know AA is typically a pitcher-friendly level, but 165 K's to 45 walks in 140 innings is impressive at any level. Who knows how he'll develop after TJ surgery, but he looks good so far.

He's actually pitching in San Jose right now, not Fresno.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Seems like most of Belts hits/hr's come in garbage time.

Hes been good late in games though. bbref.com says hes hitting .302 with 3 HR and 15 RBI's in 53 "late and close" AB's.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Over under belt hits 20 HRs this year.
Originally posted by Garcia:

Ill take the over on that. Hes on pace for 18, but he finished the year strong last season. Ill say 21.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jul 2, 2013 at 2:34 AM ]

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Garcia:

Ill take the over on that. Hes on pace for 18, but he finished the year strong last season. Ill say 21.

If he hits 20 I will be super stoked for him. I will take 16-18 but 20+ is right where he needs to be.
Joba chamberlain.....
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jul 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Joba chamberlain.....

What about him? He is awful.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Joba chamberlain.....

What about him? He is awful.

it's being reported that the Giants may be after him