There are 144 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Who would you all prefer, Norris or Nolasco?

Gut tells me the latter, but I'm not really sure.

Norris. Hes a couple years younger, better K rate, and hes under team control for the next couple years. Nolasco is a f/a this winter. Considering were probably going to have to overpay to put in a winning bid on either guy, id prefer to get the guy who's got a little more potential and keep-ability.

Both would be solid pickups, but I just worry about the price. They arent worth losing a good prospect for.
pathetic display...
wow, losing 3/4 at home, to the worst team in Baseball. Just wow
Originally posted by Niners99:

Norris. Hes a couple years younger, better K rate, and hes under team control for the next couple years. Nolasco is a f/a this winter. Considering were probably going to have to overpay to put in a winning bid on either guy, id prefer to get the guy who's got a little more potential and keep-ability.

Both would be solid pickups, but I just worry about the price. They arent worth losing a good prospect for.

I agree and disagree. I prefer Norris as well as he has a very good contract and would be under team control. I disagree about losing a "good" prospect though. I wouldnt give up our best prospects such as Crick but I would be willing to trade anyone outside of Crick, Statton, and maybe Villalona for him.

Peguero and Heston for Norris.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I agree and disagree. I prefer Norris as well as he has a very good contract and would be under team control. I disagree about losing a "good" prospect though. I wouldnt give up our best prospects such as Crick but I would be willing to trade anyone outside of Crick, Statton, and maybe Villalona for him.

I would be down for that? why the want to keep Villalona?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

we beat ourselves?
Originally posted by ads_2006:

we beat ourselves?

we are not a charity

we beat ourselves?

we are not a charity

We cannot give them the game

we beat ourselves?

we are not a charity

We cannot give them the game

I want winners

Villalona is still so young and has power you just cant teach. I'd like to see what he can do over the next 2 years. Not saying he is untouchable by any means but I wouldnt mind keeping him if possible.

Villalona is still so young and has power you just cant teach. I'd like to see what he can do over the next 2 years. Not saying he is untouchable by any means but I wouldnt mind keeping him if possible.

I would agree, but I think he ends up being traded for veteran pitching unfortunately.

I would consider Statton the dude is 22 and will turn 23 years old in August and is pitching in Augusta (Low A) Ball. While is numbers are decent, this is a 22 year old going up againt 18-19 year olds. Also, I would trade Villalona as well, he is only batting .238 and his on base percentage is only .285

I agree with you that Crick should NOT get traded.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

I would consider Statton the dude is 22 and will turn 23 years old in August and is pitching in Augusta (Low A) Ball. While is numbers are decent, this is a 22 year old going up againt 18-19 year olds. Also, I would trade Villalona as well, he is only batting .238 and his on base percentage is only .285

Stratton was our 1st round pick last year. Were not trading him for Bud Norris or Ricky Nolasco just because hes a little old for his level of competition. Hes been pitching well.

Maybe we can send Garcia out to Houston to trumpet some Peguero propaganda. Itd be nice to get some value out of him.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

Stratton was our 1st round pick last year. Were not trading him for Bud Norris or Ricky Nolasco just because hes a little old for his level of competition. Hes been pitching well.

Maybe we can send Garcia out to Houston to trumpet some Peguero propaganda. Itd be nice to get some value out of him.

lol if that happened, i would be pumped
Share 49ersWebzone