Put Noonan in left, put Torres in Mexico

Lol
At least Lincecum's line wasn't so bad.
Ban valrod
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Why did they ever remove Jon Miller and Joe Morgan from the Sunday Night booth? Fricking idiots.

Hope Miller replaces Buck on FOX....thank god mccarver is retiring

I think they can do a lot better than Jon Miller. He actually annoys me now.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
No control whatsoever, can't wait until he and Zito aren't taking up 30% of our payroll anymore. Such a gift right there.

giants will keep teh lord

I'd offer Zito 8 million for next year. 7 to not exercise the team option and another 1M for next year. If he wont take that he can go away forever. Lincecum.......... see ya. Vogey..... give him 300K buyout and offer him 1M for next year. If he doesnt want it.. he can go to.

Paying guys big money for mediocrity has to end.
Oh... one more thing. Andres Torres is simply a piece of crap that has had 1 decent year in his entire career. Just DFA him now.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Why did they ever remove Jon Miller and Joe Morgan from the Sunday Night booth? Fricking idiots.

Hope Miller replaces Buck on FOX....thank god mccarver is retiring

I think they can do a lot better than Jon Miller. He actually annoys me now.

I agree. Jon Miller has been annoying for a few years now. Ive always thought he was a bit overrated, at least as a Giants announcer.

As a regular MLB announcer, hes very good. But he never seems to realize who hes broadcasting to as the Giants home announcer. He gets WAY too excited about big plays made by the opposition. Not only is it annoying to the Giants fans who are pissed about what just happened, but its confusing to the people who are trying to base their reaction off his tone.

For example, he makes a call confusing by going "And here's Buster Posey.....Theres a long drive to deep left center field! to the track! TO THE WALL!!.........AND HE MAKES THE CATCH!!!!" His tone should reflect the probable emotions of the Giants fans hanging on his words. I cant stand homer announcers, but being totally unbiased is almost as bad.

He also has a bad habit of muddling the details of a play up without telling you the outcome until after the play has been over. Tell us what happened first, then explain the details. Its bad announcing when the crowd tells you what happened long before you do.

Also, the way he pronounces player names gets on my nerves. You're not latin Jon, you dont have to say each latin players' name with an accent.

Flemming's only bad habit is his constant passive-aggressive criticisms about the Giants' play. Were all thinking it, but he keeps bringing it up. "Man, the Giants just CANNOT get that critical 2 out hit. They keep failing to move that runner over when it counts. AGAIN the Giants fail to stay out of the double play. They just cannot get on track here on this road trip. And ANOTHER sloppy error by the Giants. Wow."

I wish Kruk and Kuip could do all the Giants announcing. I think theyre head and shoulders above the rest. Having MLB At-Bat has allowed me to hear some of the pathetic announcers around the league, and appreciate Krukow and Kuiper more. I nit pick on Miller and Flemming, but altogether we have a great team. The Padres announcers are AWFUL. There are so many teams of guys who sound like awkward evening news reporters making corny jokes to fill dead air time.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jun 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM ]

Oh... one more thing. Andres Torres is simply a piece of crap that has had 1 decent year in his entire career. Just DFA him now.

this. jeez, that whiff on the catch in the outfield to allow the second run....
Originally posted by SF69ers:

+1

It's not just the errors, it's the lack of hustle after he misses a ball that's unacceptable. It's happened 3 times now in the last few weeks.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Put Noonan in left, put Torres in Mexico

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

+1

It's not just the errors, it's the lack of hustle after he misses a ball that's unacceptable. It's happened 3 times now in the last few weeks.

YES YES YES! Even Krukow called him out on it.
FWIW, Gary Brown is definitely heating up. In the last 10 games, he's hitting .405 with 4 HRs, has a .436 OBP and has scored 9 runs...unfortunately, he's still not stealing many bags (2 SBs in his last 10 games with 1 CS). The ability to be a productive major leaguer is definitely still there, but it's hard to see him as anything more than a 4th OF at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone