LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Not sure but I thought Walkzler, er, I mean Runzler was back on the DL himself?

He's good to go I think, maybe you're thinking of Surkamp.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
I think they'll keep Gaudin in the bullpen, call up Chris Heston and see how he does. If that doesn't work, they'll have to DFA someone (Torres???) and give Kickham a shot.

Won't be Torres. Dude had a good game and has actually been playing well plus 2 million dollars. And with our OF not having great depth....

Interesting though.

Weren't they stretching out Runzler not too long ago?

Last year I believe they were but he has only thrown 16 innings all year. Strictly a 1 inning guy right now so he isnt the answer.

My guess is that Gaudin will get the first shot. If he does well they will call up someone to take a spot in the pen. If he struggles or if one of the guys in AAA suddenly starts pitching great that will change. Then again, I doubt the Giants had any contingency plan at all.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Belt played a phenomenal game

He's starting to heat up. This offense is UN REAL.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Last year I believe they were but he has only thrown 16 innings all year. Strictly a 1 inning guy right now so he isnt the answer.

My guess is that Gaudin will get the first shot. If he does well they will call up someone to take a spot in the pen. If he struggles or if one of the guys in AAA suddenly starts pitching great that will change. Then again, I doubt the Giants had any contingency plan at all.

I hate to agree with you but......... The Giants don't have much depth in the minors right now. I would bet that their contingency plan was either Kickham or Heston; both of whom pitched excellently in the minors last year.
HOLY s**t, BRANDON CRAWFORDS OPS is .826?????????

Didn't realize that......
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
the announcers sounded frustrated with Belt's up and down slumps yesterday after he jacked that home run
Javier Lopez is so underrated
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on May 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
the announcers sounded frustrated with Belt's up and down slumps yesterday after he jacked that home run

They are not the only ones frustrated.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

They are not the only ones frustrated.

well he slumped in the beginning of the year. hit .235 first month.

This month he has 4 HRs and is hitting .302 so he has been trending upward.
Javier Lopez is so underrated

LOU SEAL is underrated, dude is funny as f**k
Vogey AND Casilla to the DL

Pill and Rosario recalled

Originally posted by vrabbit:

what happened to Casilla?

what happened to Casilla?

Casilla has been dealing with a cyst on his right knee and recently started wearing a brace, but he is apparently still feeling discomfort. The Giants are clearly hoping that a couple of weeks of rest will do the trick. Sandy Rosario will replace him in the bullpen.

Crap....was going to mention Rosario since he's on the 40-man, but didn't actually think he would get the call-up.

Btw, when you have nearly $70M invested in starting pitching alone for the 2013 season, not sure there is much room for a REAL contingency plan.

Crap....was going to mention Rosario since he's on the 40-man, but didn't actually think he would get the call-up.

Btw, when you have nearly $70M invested in starting pitching alone for the 2013 season, not sure there is much room for a REAL contingency plan.

not in the starter conversation though, right?

not in the starter conversation though, right?

Probably not. He was a starter earlier in his career but that was awhile ago.
Share 49ersWebzone