There are 160 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
I dont think we have any super stars coming up as far as OFs go.

but I think we have several guys that can be decent, good pro ball players. Not everyone has to be great. Just pretty decent.

I know I am excited now knowing that we have "pretty decent" players in our organization. Quit tainting this thread everyday. LOL Couldnt resist.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by jrg:
Schilling has Giants #1

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9268486

then proceeds to talk only about the yankees

i hate Curt Schilling.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
One thing our farm system and FA has created, and whole bunch of average LFs. Not one very good one on the team, and none in the farm system. But we can win with Blanco/Torres/Pill if Boch keeps getting the best out of them. Personally I would rather we just play Blanco everyday and pop Pill in there occasionally. Torres is the same thing as Blanco, only less explosive.

I still believe that Roger Kieshnick is the best corner OF in the system. Injuries have really slowed his progress but if he can get through 2013 with a big year and injury free he could have a good shot at many an impact in 2014. You are right though about the lack of any great LFs in the system. Hell, you can say lack of any great hitting prospects period in the system. The cupboard is bare right now.

And I don't even think that's a discussion at this point. I'm sure he's going to get called up at some point this year and get a look if he's doesn't get injured somehow. Gary Brown had a pretty decent game yesterday and all signs point to him back on an upward trend (.326/.367/.457/ through his last 10 games). Nothing awe-inspiring considering his age though.

Agreed about Kieschnick. Very solid year so far and barring injury, we'll definitely see him this year (September being the worse case). I also think Juan Perez is an underrated prospect as a potential LF/utility guy. Switch hitter who can steal double-digit bags, has a little pop, can play all 3 OF positions and even play 3rd. Had a very good 2012 in the tough Eastern League (repeated) and is putting up very respectable numbers in his first year at AAA. He's about a year away and needs to cut down on his K's, but a very intriguing/under-the-radar prospect.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
so is everybody in here sucking Timmy's dick again after yesterday's start?

Not quite yet.

good
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I dont think we have any super stars coming up as far as OFs go.

but I think we have several guys that can be decent, good pro ball players. Not everyone has to be great. Just pretty decent.

I know I am excited now knowing that we have "pretty decent" players in our organization. Quit tainting this thread everyday. LOL Couldnt resist.

Good one.

You never know one of these dudes could be a diamond in the ruff.
Disappointed with Peguero's stint but I am not ready to give up.

I like Mac Williamson. Big, decent speed, decent power and good defender. Strikes out too much does right now and is probably at least 2 years away.
Schilling has Giants #1

i hate Curt Schilling.

this, f**k him
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
lol. I know. Garce had a fulltime job this offseason singing the glory of Peguero while bagging on Gary Brown. I have to give him s**t to counter it.

Peguero will be back.
I don't know if you know this, but I have no control over how well a player does.

Dude has a canon and is a decent defender. He has a bigger upside than Torres/Blanco thats for sure.

Any news on The Gary Brown?

But you do have control of whether you trumpet his praises from the mountain top based on nothing.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
But you do have control of whether you trumpet his praises from the mountain top based on nothing.

lol. People said the same s**t about Gary Brown. Everything we talk about is hyperbole. We're all baseball fans, no one here is a scout or an expert. I don't care how much someone reads a scouting report or blog, we're not experts.

I stated previously that I just had a hunch about Peguero. It was completely irrational. He is young, same age as GB, but was brought up last year to see some action ahead of him. That says a lot, to me anyway. I was rooting for the guy.

He had a huge spring training. I don't think 1 week in the big leagues is a fair judgement of what he can potentially be.

You and John are just mad someone called you out on your pointless arguments. Please displace yourself from my nutsack.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Schilling has Giants #1

i hate Curt Schilling.

this, f**k him

Doesnt he owe the state of Rhode Island a few bucks?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Doesnt he owe the state of Rhode Island a few bucks?

I think his company does. Thats the beauty of a corporation, protects you personally. Not sure if he is liable or not.

But yeah the state of RI loaned his company ~75Mill.

lol. People said the same s**t about Gary Brown. Everything we talk about is hyperbole. We're all baseball fans, no one here is a scout or an expert. I don't care how much someone reads a scouting report or blog, we're not experts.

I stated previously that I just had a hunch about Peguero. It was completely irrational. He is young, same age as GB, but was brought up last year to see some action ahead of him. That says a lot, to me anyway. I was rooting for the guy.

He had a huge spring training. I don't think 1 week in the big leagues is a fair judgement of what he can potentially be.

You and John are just mad someone called you out on your pointless arguments. Please displace yourself from my nutsack.

Gary Brown was a first round draft pick, and up until 2012 was looking like a top prospect. Peguero has never been anything but an average prospect.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Gary Brown was a first round draft pick, and up until 2012 was looking like a top prospect. Peguero has never been anything but an average prospect.

Thank you for telling us all what we already knew.

No. Actually if Rubber or someone I respect in here called me out I would have cared.
Damn.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
No. Actually if Rubber or someone I respect in here called me out I would have cared.

I hate off days.
Share 49ersWebzone