LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Left kontoa out there too long....guess romo will have to pitch on his bobblehead day....come on, get some insurance runs here
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this is torture. Poor pitching performances by our bullpen.

Couple of weak hits off Affeldt especially Gordon's. I can live with that rather than him coming in and walking guys. Good job by Machi
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Left kontoa out there too long....guess romo will have to pitch on his bobblehead day....come on, get some insurance runs here

LOL Kontos faced 2 RH batters and was pulled.
Kontos mehhhhhh
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
He has been good this year but I am not convinced that he is a guy to give a big money long term deal to. Lots of holes in his swing. However, the Giants are in a situation where they may be forced to given their absolute lack of position players in the minors.

I'm thinking the same thing. We have nothing in the farm system in terms of corner outfielders. The Giants may have to sign him to a 3-4 year extension based on this reality.

Also, the Giants will have to extend the Panda as well and hope the weight issues don't catch up to him

With that said Susac and Panik so far are having a nice year in Richmond.

Having a Susac/Sanchez platoon at C and moving Posey to 1b may come as soon as next season or by 2015 at the latest.

I dont think a Susac/Sanchez platoon is better than Belt at 1B myself. I just do not see Posey switching positions at this point in his career at all.

I think Susac/Sanchez can come close to Belt offensive production and putting Posey at 1b means less exposure to an injury and not getting banged up as much so our clean up hitter will be better protected. With that said we will see how this season plays out. At least offensively Susac is looking good in Double A so far.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=C&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=572180
I think Susac/Sanchez can come close to Belt offensive production and putting Posey at 1b means less exposure to an injury and not getting banged up as much so our clean up hitter will be better protected. With that said we will see how this season plays out. At least offensively Susac is looking good in Double A so far.

Decent numbers despite a high strikeout rate.
High-fiving a dodger fan......disgusting.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

even the dodger fan was shocked.
He has been good this year but I am not convinced that he is a guy to give a big money long term deal to. Lots of holes in his swing. However, the Giants are in a situation where they may be forced to given their absolute lack of position players in the minors.

I'm thinking the same thing. We have nothing in the farm system in terms of corner outfielders. The Giants may have to sign him to a 3-4 year extension based on this reality.

Also, the Giants will have to extend the Panda as well and hope the weight issues don't catch up to him

Having a Susac/Sanchez platoon at C and moving Posey to 1b may come as soon as next season or by 2015 at the latest.

I dont think a Susac/Sanchez platoon is better than Belt at 1B myself. I just do not see Posey switching positions at this point in his career at all.

Dont see it but I guess anything is possible. Buster's value goes way down as a 1B and I think he is still too young to make any move like that.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

I mean, I'm sure he made a nice catch, but come on! Even if he caught it with is teeth I ain't giving him any props.

Originally posted by blunt_probe:

I mean, I'm sure he made a nice catch, but come on! Even if he caught it with is teeth I ain't giving him any props.

He gave himself AIDS doe
at least berman credited us winning a championship. I cannot recall espn mentioning that the G's are world champs. (I ve haven't been watching the whole game)

It was LA this and LA that. Asian pitcher this, magic johnson that.

Dont see it but I guess anything is possible. Buster's value goes way down as a 1B and I think he is still too young to make any move like that.

Well then lets hope there won't be another Scott Cousins incident at Home Plate where we then lose our clean up hitter for an extended period of time. If Belt still has trading value after this season, we may be able to package him and a couple second tier prospects and get an every day LF. Of course I realize, I should let the entire 2013 season play out before I jump to conclusions.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
at least berman credited us winning a championship. I cannot recall espn mentioning that the G's are world champs. (I ve haven't been watching the whole game)

It was LA this and LA that. Asian pitcher this, magic johnson that.

The only place that exists west of texas to ESPN is los angeles.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on May 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM ]
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
Share 49ersWebzone