LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 313 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
ACTUALLY lol It looks like Bonds was gone prior to his Dad's death as well. Maybe he was saying his goodbyes.. anyway I was at one of those Braves games we were discussing earlier lol.
So in conclusion, Muggins was at some game that Barry Bonds played in.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
So in conclusion, Muggins was at some game that Barry Bonds played in.

lol yea.

Reminds me, I went to a bunch of games when Deion Sanders was on the team. I had just got my license so I went a lot that year.
game on ESPN tonight, and National TV!
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Game 1 walkoff was off Ray King, game 3 was off Trey Hodges. I cant believe that was 10 years ago...

I remember the 03 season really well. I was able to watch 158 of 162 games, and we went wire to wire. Good times.

Yep just looked it up. It was game 1 of that Braves series. It was my birthday, that's why I was at the game.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SFN/SFN200308190.shtml

Actually.. wait.. I just looked up Bobby Bonds date of death and it says Aug 23. Is my memory wrong on this? I swear I thought I was at that Braves game. But I guess his first game back was against Arizona..

Bonds had a historic day against AZ on his birthday. Threw Craig Counsell out at the plate in the top of the 9th to preserve the tie, then lead off the bottom of the 9th with a first pitch, oppo walkoff HR off Mike Myers. I remember that well. Myers came in, threw a pitch, and as soon as Bonds hit it, he yelled "F*CK!" and walked back to the dugout without even turning around to watch. It was hilarious.
Anyone got a video of walk off last night. Was at game so would like to see a highlight.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Anyone got a video of walk off last night. Was at game so would like to see a highlight.

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=sf&content_id=26857059&topic_id=28898650
Game 1 walkoff was off Ray King, game 3 was off Trey Hodges. I cant believe that was 10 years ago...

I remember the 03 season really well. I was able to watch 158 of 162 games, and we went wire to wire. Good times.

Yep just looked it up. It was game 1 of that Braves series. It was my birthday, that's why I was at the game.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SFN/SFN200308190.shtml

Actually.. wait.. I just looked up Bobby Bonds date of death and it says Aug 23. Is my memory wrong on this? I swear I thought I was at that Braves game. But I guess his first game back was against Arizona..

Bonds had a historic day against AZ on his birthday. Threw Craig Counsell out at the plate in the top of the 9th to preserve the tie, then lead off the bottom of the 9th with a first pitch, oppo walkoff HR off Mike Myers. I remember that well. Myers came in, threw a pitch, and as soon as Bonds hit it, he yelled "F*CK!" and walked back to the dugout without even turning around to watch. It was hilarious.

I remember this game vivdly it was a day game. As soon as he threw out Counsell my grandpa looks at me and says that they better walk Bonds or this game is over

I miss Barry
Originally posted by SportsFan:

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=26857059
what can we do about Vogey? he is getting killed lately

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Maybe we can trade him to the Pirates for McCutchen.

Maybe we can change the catcher? That's it, it has to be the catcher.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

serious though, he is terrible. Maybe we kick the tires again with Penny?
Sergio Romo bobblehead giveaway & these will be worn....

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Are you suggesting more Quiroz?
Share 49ersWebzone