LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by skeetskeet:
"It's been a terrible month for Cain, who will enter May with a 6.49 ERA. For comparison's sake, Tim Lincecum never had an ERA that high in any month last season."

Yes. Very bad. I'm pretty sure though that he wont end up with the worst ERA for starters over an entire year like Timmy did. Cain will get it together.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
"It's been a terrible month for Cain, who will enter May with a 6.49 ERA. For comparison's sake, Tim Lincecum never had an ERA that high in any month last season."

Yes. Very bad. I'm pretty sure though that he wont end up with the worst ERA for starters over an entire year like Timmy did. Cain will get it together.

Hope not. But we could and did say the Same thing about Timmy. Dude was coming off a cy young caliber season with a 2.74 era. At least with Timmy we all think we know what's wrong. Location and in part, losing velocity. With Cain... I have no idea
skeet and his Timmy obsession

What's wrong with my cainer?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

opponents hit .155 off his out pitch, the splitter last year. This year they are hitting .350. Big difference. When your outpitch is getting destroyed, your ERA is 6 +. The good news is that is a command issue. Once he figures it out, he will be ok.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

opponents hit .155 off his out pitch, the splitter last year. This year they are hitting .350. Big difference. When your outpitch is getting destroyed, your ERA is 6 +. The good news is that is a command issue. Once he figures it out, he will be ok.

He's hanging a ton of pitches and I'm pretty confident he'll be able to correct it. Just doesn't look right at the moment.

Yep. Also they seem to be hitting his fastball better too. This came from ESPN blog. Obviously the slugging average is the key difference.

"Hitters have been doing a lot of damage off Cain's fastball, hitting .264/.354/.528, compared to a .255/.332/.429 line last year"
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yep. Also they seem to be hitting his fastball better too. This came from ESPN blog. Obviously the slugging average is the key difference.

"Hitters have been doing a lot of damage off Cain's fastball, hitting .264/.354/.528, compared to a .255/.332/.429 line last year"

Yeah, really weird. All of our starting pitching are giving up the big flies. I think its like 28 homers in 26 games now. That doesnt work.
lol, what's wrong with Vogey?

What's up with Timmah being a respectable starting pitcher once again?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
if Panda cant play Belt should be in the #3 hole.

I was talking to an old timer the other day, and he is convinced they are playing with a live ball this year
Originally posted by vrabbit:

More like obsessed with the Giants.

We all know Timmy was the worst starter in baseball last year. Yet he didn't have a month as bad as Cain just had. It concerns me.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

More like obsessed with the Giants.

We all know Timmy was the worst starter in baseball last year. Yet he didn't have a month as bad as Cain just had. It concerns me.
Rightfully so. Cain is on a scary pace surrendering homeruns. This might be the one year he finally doesn't defy FIP.
Trevor Cahill: 1-2 with a 5.00 ERA against us last year....lets get em again
madbum has been the only trustworthy cat so far.. knock on wood.. let's get this W
Share 49ersWebzone