LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Gotta give some due to Torres. Wasn't sure if he could help us out at all but he's been a solid contributor for us.

I agree

I wonder how many women boners were made when he and Pagan hugged it out at the end of last nights game.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
lol Doyers have scored 54 runs this season. We've scored 89.
Originally posted by Muggins:
lol Doyers have scored 54 runs this season. We've scored 89.

Kemp has just looked awful so far. Its early but it is great to see them struggling.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Kemp has just looked awful so far. Its early but it is great to see them struggling.

This. I hope they don't heat up in the second half like we did last year
Originally posted by pdizo916:

This. I hope they don't heat up in the second half like we did last year

They certainly could when they get Hanley and Greinke back. Too much talent for that team to not win a lot of games. Just hope its less than the Giants when its all said and done.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Why is Bochy screwing with Belt's playing time again? He was terrible, and lost confidence when he got platooned last year. When they stuck him in there everyday he had a great 2nd half.

Its way too early to be doing this imo.

Belt was terrible as an every day player lol

Belt started everyday in June, August, and September last year.

He hit .296 with a .400 OB% in June

He hit .349 with a .411 OB% in Aug.

He hit .310 with a .370 OB% in Sept.

The rest of the year combined he hit .212 with a .315 OB%

Seems to me like hes more successful when playing everyday.

LOL Not sure what game logs you are looking at but your stats are not correct. Belt did not start everyday in those months. In fact, he did not start 15 times during those months. His games of 2 or less plate appearances throughout the season were very consistent.:

April 7 games (6 of 1 or less)
May 7 games (5 of 1 or less)
June 5 games (4 of 1 or less)
July 7 games (4 of 1 or less)
Aug 6 games (4 of 1 or less)
Sept 7 games ( 6 of 1 or less)

Maybe you were looking at someone else and thought it was Brandon Belts stats. Here you go though. http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/30901/year/2012/brandon-belt

LOL.. I know I said I would TRY to ignore your posts but.... I do like facts to be correct and not misleading.

Belt's top 3 months for GS were in June, Aug., and Sept. last year. The months when he played the most, he did the best. That's my point.

Clearly you don't posses the self control to avoid a situation where you have to try to insult me. Your backhanded, patronizing jabs always make me laugh. The fact that after all these years of life, you still don't know how to debate with someone over differing opinions without being stubborn and arrogant amazes me. You just cannot stand when someone disagrees with you. You always have to try and snuff their opinion out, and want to look like a big shot doing it.

Ive lost track of how many times I've held me tongue when you've repeatedly botched the spellings of half the players' names you post about. Your incessant need to criticize others' opinions, and impose your own as facts brings this thread down. You act like you're the king of the Giants thread. What John says is law! All other thoughts on any subject will be ridiculed and dismissed!

When it comes to anything in this thread, or any other baseball related thread, you can never just let it go. You have zero capacity to respect the fact that there are other opinions in any discussion. Agree with John, or prepare to be talked down to. Always with the big "LOL" leading off your pompous retorts. Even with this instance, instead of either agreeing or disagreeing about Belt being better as an everyday player, you're just out to try and criticize.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

lol- Lets not start a page long quoting battle in here. s**t isnt that serious.

Go G's
Belt's top 3 months for GS were in June, Aug., and Sept. last year. The months when he played the most, he did the best. That's my point.

Clearly you don't posses the self control to avoid a situation where you have to try to insult me. Your backhanded, patronizing jabs always make me laugh. The fact that after all these years of life, you still don't know how to debate with someone over differing opinions without being stubborn and arrogant amazes me. You just cannot stand when someone disagrees with you. You always have to try and snuff their opinion out, and want to look like a big shot doing it.

Ive lost track of how many times I've held me tongue when you've repeatedly botched the spellings of half the players' names you post about. Your incessant need to criticize others' opinions, and impose your own as facts brings this thread down. You act like you're the king of the Giants thread. What John says is law! All other thoughts on any subject will be ridiculed and dismissed!

When it comes to anything in this thread, or any other baseball related thread, you can never just let it go. You have zero capacity to respect the fact that there are other opinions in any discussion. Agree with John, or prepare to be talked down to. Always with the big "LOL" leading off your pompous retorts. Even with this instance, instead of either agreeing or disagreeing about Belt being better as an everyday player, you're just out to try and criticize.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Sounds like someone is butt hurt that his facts were completely wrong and he got called out on it.

As for spelling.. go ahead and correct me. I couldnt care less. One thing I do not do is make up stuff like you do or say something like "he started EVERYDAY in the months he did well" when that clearly was not the case . In fat, he sat out about the same number of games every month throughout the year.

This wasnt about an opinion or argument anyway. I was simply correcting your error.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM ]

• MuggD
  • Veteran
I think you guys need to sit down on a weight bench and have a beer.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Sounds like someone is butt hurt that his facts were completely wrong and he got called out on it.

Why does it matter that you have to get the last laugh? If 99 is wrong, let him be.

I agree with Rubber. Let's move on......Did you guys hear about Billingsley needs tommy john?

my name is dave btw.

No thanks. I'd prefer to have a beer with your buddy Dave and talk about the Kings. LOL
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Why does it matter that you have to get the last laugh? If 99 is wrong, let him be.

I agree with Rubber. Let's move on......Did you guys hear about Billingsley needs tommy john?

It wasnt about getting the last laugh. It was about getting the facts straight regarding a Giants player. I see nothing wrong with that to tell you the truth. If I get facts wrong I have no problem with someone pointing that out to me. And no.. didnt hear about Chad.
Share 49ersWebzone