There are 211 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

I know it's early, but this 2013 team is giving me the warm and fuzzy feeling already. Hoping our starting pitching picks up some slack soon.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Bochy is a genius. If he starts Belt tonight he isnt in position to win the game in the 9th. LOL

didn't start him because of the lefty-righty matchup and then pinch hits him vs. a lefty and he wins the game.

Well, as I pointed out earlier Miley is death on lefties. It made all the sense in the world to let him sit and not stuggle against Miley. Bochy is a smart man,

He's not Clayton Kershaw, but Belt has been struggling regardless and I don't disagree with him being sat. It's just funny to me that he double switches him in an unfavorable matchup.

No he isnt Clayton Kershaw but he has given up just 1 HR in his career to a lefty so far. The double switch was an obvious move. Arias had made the last out in the 8th inning and Arizona had a rhp in the game at the time. Bochy did not put Belt in the game in an unfavorable matchup when he made the double switch.

Bochy benched Belt against a lefty twice in the last three games for a right handed batter matchup and will do so again tomorrow from what he said today. How is letting him hit against a lefty not unfavorable? You're just splitting hairs here.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Apr 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM ]
Bochy is a genius. If he starts Belt tonight he isnt in position to win the game in the 9th. LOL

didn't start him because of the lefty-righty matchup and then pinch hits him vs. a lefty and he wins the game.

Well, as I pointed out earlier Miley is death on lefties. It made all the sense in the world to let him sit and not stuggle against Miley. Bochy is a smart man,

He's not Clayton Kershaw, but Belt has been struggling regardless and I don't disagree with him being sat. It's just funny to me that he double switches him in an unfavorable matchup.

No he isnt Clayton Kershaw but he has given up just 1 HR in his career to a lefty so far. The double switch was an obvious move. Arias had made the last out in the 8th inning and Arizona had a rhp in the game at the time. Bochy did not put Belt in the game in an unfavorable matchup when he made the double switch.

Bochy benched Belt against a lefty twice in the last three games for a right handed batter matchup. How is pinch hitting him against a lefty not unfavorable? You're just splitting hairs here.
Were you watching the game? He didnt pinch hit him. He put him in the field as part of a double switch when he brought Romo in the game in the top of the 9th. I am not splitting hairs. I am telling the situation as it was. There was NOT a lefty in the game for Arizona when Bochy put him in the obvious double move switch.

Jeez man.

Bochy benched Belt against a lefty twice in the last three games for a right handed batter matchup. How is pinch hitting him against a lefty not unfavorable? You're just splitting hairs here.
Were you watching the game? He didnt pinch hit him. He put him in the field as part of a double switch when he brought Romo in the game in the top of the 9th. I am not splitting hairs. I am telling the situation as it was. There was NOT a lefty in the game for Arizona when Bochy put him in the obvious double move switch.

Jeez man.

I edited it, ref**kinglax. What I'm getting at is a) the irony of him sitting against a lefty starter and the getting the winning hit against a lefty and b) Bochy not lifting him for right hander in that situation.

And yes, I saw the game and saw the double-switch.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Apr 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM ]
I edited it, ref**kinglax. What I'm getting at is a) the irony of him sitting against a lefty starter and the getting the winning hit against a lefty and b) Bochy not lifting him for right hander in that situation.

I am perfectly relaxed. Was just correcting you and trying to put it out why the double move was obvious. By the way, the only 2 RH batters on the bench were Quiroz and Sanchez. Thats it. Hardly a situation where Bochy would have hit for Belt in the 9th. Anyway.. moving on
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM ]
lulz

belt is a teaser

will go 2 - 27 in his next nine starts,

then get a home run when bochy threatens his ass
Awesome win. This team just does not give up.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Love this f**kin' team!!! Called the Posey HR
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Gotta give some due to Torres. Wasn't sure if he could help us out at all but he's been a solid contributor for us.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Why is Bochy screwing with Belt's playing time again? He was terrible, and lost confidence when he got platooned last year. When they stuck him in there everyday he had a great 2nd half.

Its way too early to be doing this imo.

Belt was terrible as an every day player lol

Belt started everyday in June, August, and September last year.

He hit .296 with a .400 OB% in June

He hit .349 with a .411 OB% in Aug.

He hit .310 with a .370 OB% in Sept.

The rest of the year combined he hit .212 with a .315 OB%

Seems to me like hes more successful when playing everyday.
my cousins an i were in the pool listening to the game on the radio. one of my cousins just said "posey homerun" then BAM. tie game. i almost drowned in celebration.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Gotta give some due to Torres. Wasn't sure if he could help us out at all but he's been a solid contributor for us.

I agree
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Why is Bochy screwing with Belt's playing time again? He was terrible, and lost confidence when he got platooned last year. When they stuck him in there everyday he had a great 2nd half.

Its way too early to be doing this imo.

Belt was terrible as an every day player lol

Belt started everyday in June, August, and September last year.

He hit .296 with a .400 OB% in June

He hit .349 with a .411 OB% in Aug.

He hit .310 with a .370 OB% in Sept.

The rest of the year combined he hit .212 with a .315 OB%

Seems to me like hes more successful when playing everyday.

LOL Not sure what game logs you are looking at but your stats are not correct. Belt did not start everyday in those months. In fact, he did not start 15 times during those months. His games of 2 or less plate appearances throughout the season were very consistent.:

April 7 games (6 of 1 or less)
May 7 games (5 of 1 or less)
June 5 games (4 of 1 or less)
July 7 games (4 of 1 or less)
Aug 6 games (4 of 1 or less)
Sept 7 games ( 6 of 1 or less)

Maybe you were looking at someone else and thought it was Brandon Belts stats. Here you go though. http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/30901/year/2012/brandon-belt

LOL.. I know I said I would TRY to ignore your posts but.... I do like facts to be correct and not misleading.
Share 49ersWebzone