LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Ubaldo was throwing every pitch at maximum capacity. It was only a matter of time before he blew his arm out. COL knew it, and dumped him off on the Indians, who didnt do their homework.
I don't recall him blowing his arm out.

I do recall bad command and so many moving parts in his mechanics which made it unrepeatable.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Chad Gaudin has been MONEY
Next 9 games are against AZ and SD. We are 12-7 now, but after those 9 I really think we should be 18-10.

Meanwhile, the rockies have Atlanta and then LA and AZ on the road.

Long story short, we should be in first place by May 1, and probably sooner!
[ Edited by notsoempty86 on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:

I am pretty impressed with him. Nice fastball around 93 with movement, and his off speed pitches move well. He has stuff to make you miss.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Garcia:

I am pretty impressed with him. Nice fastball around 93 with movement, and his off speed pitches move well. He has stuff to make you miss.

with command.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Remember when John wanted Ubaldo Jimenez?! Lol.

Timmy looked dirty again last night. If he can locate like last night... It'll e a good year. I agree with John, I think posey catching him is huge.

Cain will get back on track as will Vogey.

I like this team.

I remember when you wouldnt trade Tim Lincecum for Clayton Kershaw. That I remember. As for Ubaldo... I never said I would trade Lincecum or Cain for him. I just liked him (when most people did) when he was dealing and the AS game starter. Obviously the Indians thought so too as they traded quite a bit to get him.

Ubaldo was throwing every pitch at maximum capacity. It was only a matter of time before he blew his arm out. COL knew it, and dumped him off on the Indians, who didnt do their homework.

I just think its funny that a guy who wouldnt have traded Lincecum even last year for Kershaw calls me out on Ubaldo. Like I said, I made that comment in his AS year when he was the most dominant pitcher in the league pitching in Colorado. Colorado didnt dump him until he struggled with is command. Had nothing to do with his arm blowing out.
Originally posted by SFrush:

I do recall bad command and so many moving parts in his mechanics which made it unrepeatable.

You are correct and have a better memory than 99 does on this subject obviously.
Can we just start Zito every game please
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Madison Bumgarner rejects that idea.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

From the "things-you-would-never-hear-Giants-fan-say, 2010 season edition" thread.

We need Vogey to have a good outing, he has been just average as of late...

You are correct and have a better memory than 99 does on this subject obviously.

Apparently you dont remember Ubaldo throwing 97-100 on a regular basis that year. He was trying to be Justin Verlander, and he wore his arm out. There was no major injury, but he couldnt keep that kind of pace up anymore.

And at least I saw the writing on the wall. He didnt even make it through the 2010 season before he lost it. You were drooling over him.

Apparently you dont remember Ubaldo throwing 97-100 on a regular basis that year. He was trying to be Justin Verlander, and he wore his arm out. There was no major injury, but he couldnt keep that kind of pace up anymore.

And at least I saw the writing on the wall. He didnt even make it through the 2010 season before he lost it. You were drooling over him.

Wait.. you said he blew his arm out? LOL Never happened. Yes his fastball has declined from an average of 96 ( he never averaged 97-100) in 2010 to 93 but most think it is because of mechanics. It could be some wear and tear just like it is with most flame throwers

Why dont you show us those posts where you saw the handwriting on the wall and I was "drooling" over him. LOL The only pitcher I have consistently drooled over from the beginning was Clayton Kershaw. I liked the kind of stuff that Ubaldo was dealing like most people. Hell, he was 15-1 I think and the AS game starter. Pretty sure you werent saying he was awful. But, feel free to show us those posts of yours.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:

LOL.. 99 trying to give us the I told you so stuff. I really should just ignore all of his posts. It would make this thread more enjoyable.
Share 49ersWebzone