LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
8-1 against the NL West.

The entire offseason "experts" kept picking LA and AZ. The ones who picked LA went the "safe" route because of the talent, and the ones who picked AZ did so for attention. We have to be the only team to win 2 WS in 3 years and still get shrugged off as overrated.

Well, it's still EXTREMELY early so who knows who is going to win that division. Also, I saw more ppl picking the giants over AZ; but the majority picked the doyers IIRC. Also, I've went on record to say that the D'backs are more of a threat than the Doyers for the division title.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
8-1 against the NL West.

The entire offseason "experts" kept picking LA and AZ. The ones who picked LA went the "safe" route because of the talent, and the ones who picked AZ did so for attention. We have to be the only team to win 2 WS in 3 years and still get shrugged off as overrated.

Well, it's still EXTREMELY early so who knows who is going to win that division. Also, I saw more ppl picking the giants over AZ; but the majority picked the doyers IIRC. Also, I've went on record to say that the D'backs are more of a threat than the Doyers for the division title.

Its very early, but im just pointing out that most of the experts picked against us again this year, yet weve had zero problems with anyone in the division early on. The Rockies are leading the West at 13-5, and we swept them.

We could probably win the next 2 WS and in 2016 theyd be saying "The Giants had the magic working these last few years, but they still dont hit enough."
Its very early, but im just pointing out that most of the experts picked against us again this year, yet weve had zero problems with anyone in the division early on. The Rockies are leading the West at 13-5, and we swept them.

We could probably win the next 2 WS and in 2016 theyd be saying "The Giants had the magic working these last few years, but they still dont hit enough."

I love being hated by the ignorant masses. Hate on, haters. I LOVE IT THAT I CAN RUB OUR SUCCESS TO THE DOYERS FAN FACES!!!!! They have ABSOLUTELY NO LEG to stand on. NONE.

edit: They won more division titles; jackie robinson
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Apr 21, 2013 at 5:20 PM ]
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Remember when John wanted Ubaldo Jimenez?! Lol.

Timmy looked dirty again last night. If he can locate like last night... It'll e a good year. I agree with John, I think posey catching him is huge.

Cain will get back on track as will Vogey.

I like this team.

I remember when you wouldnt trade Tim Lincecum for Clayton Kershaw. That I remember. As for Ubaldo... I never said I would trade Lincecum or Cain for him. I just liked him (when most people did) when he was dealing and the AS game starter. Obviously the Indians thought so too as they traded quite a bit to get him.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 21, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
Nice to sweep the Padres but we aren't even out of April yet. The Rockies are in first place for christ sake. When its the AS break I will worry about where the Giants, Dodgers, or Diamondbacks are in the standings. I still think all will be contenders in the end. No one is running away in the NL West this year.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Time to build a lead....

Dodgers rotation is in shambles.
Colorado's rotation wont hold up.
SD = Minor Leaguers

That leaves Arizona... hopefully we can win the series coming up.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I want winners!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

You forgot Craig.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You forgot Craig.

Great sweep. Love that we bounced back from that MIL series strong. Zito doing his thing again. Time to f**k up Az.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Remember when John wanted Ubaldo Jimenez?! Lol.

Timmy looked dirty again last night. If he can locate like last night... It'll e a good year. I agree with John, I think posey catching him is huge.

Cain will get back on track as will Vogey.

I like this team.

I remember when you wouldnt trade Tim Lincecum for Clayton Kershaw. That I remember. As for Ubaldo... I never said I would trade Lincecum or Cain for him. I just liked him (when most people did) when he was dealing and the AS game starter. Obviously the Indians thought so too as they traded quite a bit to get him.

Ubaldo was throwing every pitch at maximum capacity. It was only a matter of time before he blew his arm out. COL knew it, and dumped him off on the Indians, who didnt do their homework.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Apr 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM ]
Ubaldo was throwing every pitch at maximum capacity. It was only a matter of time before he blew his arm out. COL knew it, and dumped him off on the Indians, who didnt do their homework.

Indians gon india
Great rebound game from teh Lord Zito. Good home win and also great game by Pagan, Posey, and Panda.
LORD ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEETO!

I'm just enjoying the fact that Buster catching Zito and Timmy this past weekend has been good. In the past, everyone was saying how he didn't have connection with Tim/Zeets. Glad that was proven wrong, but then again, it WAS the Padres.
Share 49ersWebzone