LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
That's why MLB and others are saying its embarrassing. It logically, would not seem that grienke intentionally tried to hit Quentin. However, they apparently have a history and Quentin went crazy. Had grienke not gotten injured, nobody would have said anything

Greinke has hit him twice before but there are other pitchers who have hit him more. Quentin was just clueless to charge the mound in that situation. He would have been suspended regardless of the injury but my guess is that he will now get about 8-10 games instead of 4-5.

You dont know what Greinke said though. He hit Quentin twice before, and they had past beef. When someone like that pegs you in the arm, and then says something offensive? Itd be hard to keep your cool.

I couldnt care less what Greinke said. Quentin deserves a big suspension. Just no reason for him to have charged the mound in that situation.

You dont understand why he charged? He already disliked Greinke. Then Greinke nails him. Then he taunts him. Thats a great way to start a fight with a guy who already dislikes you if youre Greinke.

Unless you meant to hit someone, dont step forward and mouth off when they stare you down. If Greinke had just taken a walk around the mound, Quentin just glares and takes his base.
f**k
  • Garce
  • Veteran
torres hasnt been terrible so far
That's why MLB and others are saying its embarrassing. It logically, would not seem that grienke intentionally tried to hit Quentin. However, they apparently have a history and Quentin went crazy. Had grienke not gotten injured, nobody would have said anything

Greinke has hit him twice before but there are other pitchers who have hit him more. Quentin was just clueless to charge the mound in that situation. He would have been suspended regardless of the injury but my guess is that he will now get about 8-10 games instead of 4-5.

You dont know what Greinke said though. He hit Quentin twice before, and they had past beef. When someone like that pegs you in the arm, and then says something offensive? Itd be hard to keep your cool.

I couldnt care less what Greinke said. Quentin deserves a big suspension. Just no reason for him to have charged the mound in that situation.

You dont understand why he charged? He already disliked Greinke. Then Greinke nails him. Then he taunts him. Thats a great way to start a fight with a guy who already dislikes you if youre Greinke.

Unless you meant to hit someone, dont step forward and mouth off when they stare you down. If Greinke had just taken a walk around the mound, Quentin just glares and takes his base.

Yes. I understand why he charged. Because... he is a f**king idiot. The guy gets hit more than anyone in the league and is clueless on how to get out of the way of a pitch. He also has the brain the size of a pea if the thinks Greinke would hit him on purpose at that point in the game. He is just lucky he isnt playing at a time when Gibson or Drysdale was pitching or he would get one at his head next time. Quentin glared and took steps towards Greinke. Quit trying to justify his actions. You are just making yourself look bad again.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
^^^^ take this convo to the mlb thread

bloop and a blast lets go
[ Edited by Garcia on Apr 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
^^^^ take this convo to the mlb thread

bloop and a blast lets go

Time for a blast!!
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I thought Pablo homered there lol. Fell into shallow right.
Ahhhh I thought that was out!!!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Posey showing Carlos Quentin how to take one like a man.
Charge the mound! LOL

Legggo!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
pence gonna clutch this s**t
  • Garce
  • Veteran
not really... but shiet.

TIME FOR BELT

HE'S DUE
[ Edited by Garcia on Apr 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM ]

Yes. I understand why he charged. Because... he is a f**king idiot. The guy gets hit more than anyone in the league and is clueless on how to get out of the way of a pitch. He also has the brain the size of a pea if the thinks Greinke would hit him on purpose at that point in the game. He is just lucky he isnt playing at a time when Gibson or Drysdale was pitching or he would get one at his head next time. Quentin glared and took steps towards Greinke. Quit trying to justify his actions. You are just making yourself look bad again.

lol you almost got through the whole post without insulting me. Once again, you can never just debate something without turning it into a confrontation.

I wasnt justifying what Quentin did, I was explaining why he did it. Both Greinke and Quentin were idiots in this case.
Belt... the hero? *gulp*
Share 49ersWebzone