There are 237 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Kemp took it to the LOT SON!

Bernie Wilson ‏@berniewilson23m
Matt Kemp confronted Carlos Quentin as the 2 were leaving Petco Park. Clayton Richard, cops, security broke it up.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Kemp took it to the LOT SON!

Bernie Wilson ‏@berniewilson23m
Matt Kemp confronted Carlos Quentin as the 2 were leaving Petco Park. Clayton Richard, cops, security broke it up.

I think quinten has got atleast 20-30 pounds on him... He could have taken out two in one night
Originally posted by Niners99:
I love baseball fights. As free agency has taken over, players all know eachother too well to really have beef. Seems like benches cleared on a regular basis in the 60's-80's.

Its sad that there hasnt been a good Giants/Dodgers brawl in a long time. Last I remember any conflict was a day game at AT&T when Michael Tucker and Eric Gagne had words, and they all kind of gathered, but with no punches thrown. I think it was over a collision at 1B.

I think 2009 or 2010 there was one I remember Rentaria thrown haymakers can't remember who charged the mound that day.
Originally posted by 49erha:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I love baseball fights. As free agency has taken over, players all know eachother too well to really have beef. Seems like benches cleared on a regular basis in the 60's-80's.

Its sad that there hasnt been a good Giants/Dodgers brawl in a long time. Last I remember any conflict was a day game at AT&T when Michael Tucker and Eric Gagne had words, and they all kind of gathered, but with no punches thrown. I think it was over a collision at 1B.

I think 2009 or 2010 there was one I remember Rentaria thrown haymakers can't remember who charged the mound that day.

Yeah i forgot about that one. Pablo had to duck one or something, and walked out pointing his bat at the pitcher.

Some people view it as bad sportsmanship, but I think a brawl every now and again is good for baseball. It creates bitter rivalries, and brings a good sense of comradery among the team. Gives them a chance to show they have eachothers back.

MLB would say its embarassing and unfortunate, but we all know its good for the brand. Cards/Reds is national TV worthy because of the 2010 brawl.
Primero lugar
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I thoroughly enjoyed that. f**k the Dodgers.
lol Greinke out with the collarbone now. that was funny. Giants win again!! haha
carlos quentin!!! dont feel bad one bit

although i gotta give props to grienke for not backing down like a biatch
[ Edited by schmons on Apr 12, 2013 at 7:44 AM ]
meanwhile, in giants news:

ROMO OFF TO ALL-STAR START

CHICAGO – There hasn't been a closer in baseball better than Sergio Romo thus far.

He leads the major leagues with six saves in six attempts. Opposing hitters are 2 for 20 against him. He's struck out 10 and hasn't walked a batter.

And when he truly needed to turn up the volume for the first time all year, Romo had the same mettle and moxie – and stuff – to get the job done.

"Sergio … he's so tough mentally," said Giants manager Bruce Bochy, after Romo struck out the Cubs' Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo to strand the tying run at second base and save the Giants' 7-6 victory at Wrigley Field.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/andrew-baggarly/sergio-romo-all-star-start

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
meanwhile, in giants news:

ROMO OFF TO ALL-STAR START

CHICAGO – There hasn't been a closer in baseball better than Sergio Romo thus far.

He leads the major leagues with six saves in six attempts. Opposing hitters are 2 for 20 against him. He's struck out 10 and hasn't walked a batter.

And when he truly needed to turn up the volume for the first time all year, Romo had the same mettle and moxie – and stuff – to get the job done.

"Sergio … he's so tough mentally," said Giants manager Bruce Bochy, after Romo struck out the Cubs' Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo to strand the tying run at second base and save the Giants' 7-6 victory at Wrigley Field.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/andrew-baggarly/sergio-romo-all-star-start

Bochy will add him I am sure. Heck if the fans vote the way they did last year, Noonan might get a start too lol.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Mattingly thinks Quentin should be suspended until Greinke can pitch.

Totally stupid how this started with Kemp being "brushed back" (it looked completely unintentional) and then Greinke retaliated for no reason and decides to hit the guy who has been hit 100+ times in his career. I'd blame AJ Ellis for not protecting his pitcher quickly enough.

Greinke wasnt trying to hit Quentin with a 3-2 pitch in a 1 run game. Come on man. Quentin gets hit more than any guy in the league because he crowds the plate. As for Ellis, he did run after Quentin and actually tackled him to the ground.
That's why MLB and others are saying its embarrassing. It logically, would not seem that grienke intentionally tried to hit Quentin. However, they apparently have a history and Quentin went crazy. Had grienke not gotten injured, nobody would have said anything
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

LOL, throws his glove off like he's tough, but then gets taken down like a b****!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
That's why MLB and others are saying its embarrassing. It logically, would not seem that grienke intentionally tried to hit Quentin. However, they apparently have a history and Quentin went crazy. Had grienke not gotten injured, nobody would have said anything

Greinke has hit him twice before but there are other pitchers who have hit him more. Quentin was just clueless to charge the mound in that situation. He would have been suspended regardless of the injury but my guess is that he will now get about 8-10 games instead of 4-5.
Share 49ersWebzone