LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Can I listen to the game online? Knbr doesn't stream it right
Another year of the Giants being the home opener for the Dodgers, opening the door for another Stow incident. Nice going MLB!
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Another year of the Giants being the home opener for the Dodgers, opening the door for another Stow incident. Nice going MLB!

So the Brian Stow situation can only happen on opening day?
Originally posted by Niners99:

It could happen on other days, but I think Opening Day represents a greater chance. 56k (which the Dodgers normally don't have at their games), high levels of drinking, lots of anticipation of the season starting and hatred/jealousy towards the Giants all were magnified by that Opening Day imo.

Not that the stadium environment there is great ANY time, but it was probably especially bad that game.

And some of what I'm saying is natural bitterness that the Giants didn't get to start at home and also being sick of being the Dodgers home opener game in front of their drunken charged up opening day crowd.

It could happen on other days, but I think Opening Day represents a greater chance. 56k (which the Dodgers normally don't have at their games), high levels of drinking, lots of anticipation of the season starting and hatred/jealousy towards the Giants all were magnified by that Opening Day imo.

Not that the stadium environment there is great ANY time, but it was probably especially bad that game.

And some of what I'm saying is natural bitterness that the Giants didn't get to start at home and also being sick of being the Dodgers home opener game in front of their drunken charged up opening day crowd.

The security will be everywhere this time. It wont be an issue.

That one incident shouldnt then prevent any future Giants/Dodgers opening day games.

Btw, the Giants request to open on the road every year. They want to push the home opener a little farther back due to SF weather issues. Theyve opened on the road in 10 of 14 seasons since 2000.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Apr 1, 2013 at 2:08 AM ]

My office wall is ready for opening day!

Wow, nice collection. Are those all New Era?

I just got myself a new orange rim SF the other day. Old one was getting way too dirty.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

I just got myself a new orange rim SF the other day. Old one was getting way too dirty.

Yeah, all New Era 59/50, all un-worn.

I bought them over time specifically for the wall.

The security will be everywhere this time. It wont be an issue.

That one incident shouldnt then prevent any future Giants/Dodgers opening day games.

Btw, the Giants request to open on the road every year. They want to push the home opener a little farther back due to SF weather issues. Theyve opened on the road in 10 of 14 seasons since 2000.

49ers/Raiders preseason and regular season games were just as ugly.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Apr 1, 2013 at 6:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Yeah, all New Era 59/50, all un-worn.

I bought them over time specifically for the wall.

love that O's hat, time for the Rockies and Indians to update theirs

• jimrat
  • Veteran

NICE!!
glad it's opening day! not glad that I can't watch the game
opener home No
[ Edited by robniner on Apr 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Can I listen to the game online? Knbr doesn't stream it right

Halp! I guess I'll try tunein
The wall of hats is cool, but you should have just left a blank spot where the doyers hat would go.
[ Edited by notsoempty86 on Apr 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone