LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Belt had 4 hits today, Panda went yard.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Belt gonna have a break through year. We need him.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Belt gonna have a break through year. We need him.

If belt breaks through I'll really like our offense and if we can somehow get something from lf then I'll really love our offense
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If belt breaks through I'll really like our offense and if we can somehow get something from lf then I'll really love our offense

this could be a solidifying year for young players like Crawford and Belt....
he's a potential 5 tool player too. Which would be amazing. 2015 here we come. I think he's a corner outfielder.

We need outfield help BAD.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
http://www.digtriad.com/sports/article/231170/13/Wakes-Mac-Williamson--Tim-Cooney-Picked-In-3rd-Round-of-MLB-Draft

"After coming to Wake Forest as the number one pitching prospect in North Carolina, Williamson shifted gears and became the best power hitter in the ACC. The Wake Forest, N.C., native led the ACC with 17 homers upon the end of the Deacs' 2012 season and ended his career with 36 homers in 159 games. Williamson also recorded career-highs of 52 RBIs, 42 runs scored, a .287 average and a .596 slugging percentage this season. Spending time at all three outfield positions during his three years at Wake Forest, Williamson collected 12 career outfield assists and committed just one error this season."

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=willia028joh

Listed at 6-4, 240.

he's a potential 5 tool player too. Which would be amazing. 2015 here we come. I think he's a corner outfielder.

He's a big kid who can destroy the ball, hopefully he pans out. Also keep an eye out for Shilo McCall who was drafted in the 9th round who will also probably play OF in Augusta this year.
Brock Bond has more homeruns (2) in 8 at bats this spring than he did in all of 2012 (1 in 377 at bats). Dude is scrappy and versatile. Would love to see him make the team as the second utility infielder.

Peguero has had some awesome at bats this spring as well. Thoughts on him making the team over Torres and using him against lefties?
Originally posted by redrathman:
Brock Bond has more homeruns (2) in 8 at bats this spring than he did in all of 2012 (1 in 377 at bats). Dude is scrappy and versatile. Would love to see him make the team as the second utility infielder.

Peguero has had some awesome at bats this spring as well. Thoughts on him making the team over Torres and using him against lefties?

Posey, Sanchez, Belt, Scutaro, Arias, Crawford, Sandoval, Blanco, Pagan, Pence

Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner, Vogelsong, Zito, Romo, Lopez, Casilla, Affeldt, Mijares, Kontos

Those are the pretty much guaranteed 21 spots. We probably carry a 12th pitcher like Ramirez, and I think Pill and Torres make it. That leaves 1 spot open. Its probably Peguero, but one of the prospects or invitees could take it with a big March.

I dont see any way Torres doesnt make the team if healthy. Were weak enough at OF depth as it is.
Peguero went 3 for 4 today with 3 RBIs.
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Mar 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner, Vogelsong, Zito, Romo, Lopez, Casilla, Affeldt, Mijares, Kontos

Those are the pretty much guaranteed 21 spots. We probably carry a 12th pitcher like Ramirez, and I think Pill and Torres make it. That leaves 1 spot open. Its probably Peguero, but one of the prospects or invitees could take it with a big March.

I dont see any way Torres doesnt make the team if healthy. Were weak enough at OF depth as it is.

I agree with your assessment except I don't think it's a given Brett Pill will be on the opening day roster unless their is an injury.

I think one of the two spots will go to one of Abreu (sp), Japaneze invite and Bond (least likely) We got enough coverage at first base between Posey playing some first base on some of his off catching days, Sandoval could play first base and Arias third base for a couple of games should Belt get banged up for a couple of games. I see Pill as being an odd man out unless some starts the season on the DL Also, don't forget about Nick Noonan, had a decent season in Fresno and could possibly be a decent back up infielder as well.

The other spot would be between Kieschnick and Peguero. Of course I would give Peguero the edge due to the speed factor that he could potentially pinch run late in a game as well as pinch hit.

I agree that it's a given Torres will be on the roster as LF will be a Blanco/Torres platoon
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Mar 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM ]

cant wait for him to make the final 25 man roster. Peguero >> Torres
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Most likely they will both be on, the Giants gave Torres a guaranteed major league contract this year. I see both of them being on the big league roster.
teh lord zito in top form
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by Niners99:

I agree with your assessment except I don't think it's a given Brett Pill will be on the opening day roster unless their is an injury.

I think one of the two spots will go to one of Abreu (sp), Japaneze invite and Bond (least likely) We got enough coverage at first base between Posey playing some first base on some of his off catching days, Sandoval could play first base and Arias third base for a couple of games should Belt get banged up for a couple of games. I see Pill as being an odd man out unless some starts the season on the DL Also, don't forget about Nick Noonan, had a decent season in Fresno and could possibly be a decent back up infielder as well.

The other spot would be between Kieschnick and Peguero. Of course I would give Peguero the edge due to the speed factor that he could potentially pinch run late in a game as well as pinch hit.

I agree that it's a given Torres will be on the roster as LF will be a Blanco/Torres platoon

Sandoval wont be playing any 1B. He pulled a hammy stretching for a ball playing there last year, and thats the last time they put him at first. Pill actually has played a few games at 3rd in the minors.

Pill has also proven he can hit a little bit in the Majors, and has started the spring hot. I think hed get the first look before the younger guys if he has a good spring.

Posey will get time at 1B, but Pill would slot in as the regular backup 1B.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Based on what...

Peguero was terrible in the Majors last year, and doesnt even have much upside to be more than a 4th OF anyways.
Share 49ersWebzone