LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by vrabbit:
ok, it doesn't bother you that he settles for being an above-average defender when he could be much better if he got in shape? Point is Pablo is settling for what he is right now instead of being the best he can be, and THAT is frustrating as f**k

I agree. There is no reason why Panda should be as fat as he is. Get in shape dammit!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I agree. There is no reason why Panda should be as fat as he is. Get in shape dammit!

As long as he produces this year, his weight doesn't concern me. However, if he wants that fat contract, then he needs to lose weight.

ugh, i wish baseball contracts weren't guaranteed.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

As long as he produces this year, his weight doesn't concern me. However, if he wants that fat contract, then he needs to lose weight.

Sounds like the perfect kind of deal to give him.
Brandon Belt looks like Ruxin from the league.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Brandon Belt looks like Ruxin from the league.

i cant see that at all, put up a 2 pic comparison.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
No, I'd rather he hit more homeruns than be able to go first to third on a deep single. Speed hasn't ever been my concern with him. Also, when he was his fattest in 2010 he was still an above-average defender according to UZR.

ok, it doesn't bother you that he settles for being an above-average defender when he could be much better if he got in shape? Point is Pablo is settling for what he is right now instead of being the best he can be, and THAT is frustrating as f**k

He's never going to be a Zim or Beltre so no, it doesn't bother me. As long as he stays above-average defensively I don't know how that's settling.

there's another umbrella statement. You're seriously telling me a 26 year old cannot get better defensively? He doesn't need to be Zim/Beltre, but the closer he could come to that the better it would be for this team. As someone already pointed out he can't get away with this forever, and when he can't no longer play 3B at this weight then what? There seems to be a pretty big logjam at 1B.

It's not an umbrella statement. He's a top 10 3B defensively. My point is this: at his fattest he was just as good defensively according to advanced metrics. He hasn't NOT made plays because of his weight. If that starts happening then that's when I'll have a problem.

Dude kills arguably the best pitcher in baseball in the World Series, wins the MVP and were still concerned with his weight?

If it starts affecting his play, then feel free to complain. Or if he gets fatter and we give him a huge contract, also feel free. Until then it's just pure speculation as he's proven the contrary.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Sounds like the perfect kind of deal to give him.

i see what you did there.
dang, we need the old Javy, not an almost hurt version.

Javier Lopez provided a benign reminder of that on Tuesday. He tried to short-hop a throw and it hit him on the top of the left hand near his wrist. Having broken my wrist twice myself, I know there are a couple of little bones in there that can break if they get hit in the right spot.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/andrew-baggarly/extra-baggs-javier-lopez-survives-scare-etc
I just thought about it. We have three lefties in the pen.
I just thought about it. We have three lefties in the pen.

how about some good news to cheer you up. Runzler's arm

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/andrew-baggarly/ahmed-andy-runzler-has-big-league-arm

Cain officially announced as the opening day starter (duh) and had a BP scare. Damn thats two

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/andrew-baggarly/ahmed-baggs-cains-live-bp-scare-pences-hijinks
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I really love that our squad is so experienced now in everything the MLB grind can throw at you. I feel better going into this year than after we won it in 2010. Been there done that. especially how we fought back in those two series' in the playoffs. We gon be good. Barring injuries. *knocking on wood*
how do you guys like Francisco Peguero's chances of making the roster as a backup OF?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
how do you guys like Francisco Peguero's chances of making the roster as a backup OF?

I like his chances and he is solid defensively, but I am suspect of him at the plate TBH.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I like his chances and he is solid defensively, but I am suspect of him at the plate TBH.

if he can drive the ball like he has been in Fresno, then i def like him over the old Torres
Share 49ersWebzone