LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Purdy, Killion, and Mr. Amy G. all left Bonds off their ballot...

Its bad enough when out-of-market writers screw Bonds over, but the local writers who witnessed how great he was up close, on a daily basis all those years? Pure idiocy.

Same to the ones who voted for Matt Morris. A couple guys voted for ONLY Morris. "Honorary" voters. What a total mockery of the process.

Amy G. has a say in who's voted into the HoF??

Her husband.

That would make more sense
What happened to the Giants huge voting fanbase?

Posey is in 2nd to last place on the MLB 13 Cover Vote. McCutchen is going to win by a mile it looks like. Hes at 78,000, Posey is only at 20,000.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
In other news we signed Kensuke Tanaka to a minor league deal:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=tanaka001ken

Cool! Power hitter in the works.

LOL at the HBP #s, 11 times in probably his best stat year.
For all you big ballers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271129290503

Posey is in 2nd to last place on the MLB 13 Cover Vote. McCutchen is going to win by a mile it looks like. Hes at 78,000, Posey is only at 20,000.

Because SF fans know what is important and what isnt. This most certainly isnt.

That's OK, let the Pirate fans have something.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Its good for his publicity. Its also an honor, regardless of how insignificant.

You dont care, because im guessing you arent into gaming. But the people who play the game would like to see him on the cover.

You dont care, because im guessing you arent into gaming. But the people who play the game would like to see him on the cover.

I dont game, dont care, voted for him for some reason, and I think winning the MVP was plenty of publicity. Having said that, being on the cover of the game would have been cool for SF Giants.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

this. I don't have time to vote for crap like this. I'll gladly drive from south lake tahoe to sf for a a few games though.
Nice pick up as a back up at 2nd. Don't ya think? Not a power hitter, but can get on base. Good with the glove and speaks excellent Japanese.

I play video games and honestly don't care. The dude has been ultra successful during his time as a pro. Who cares about being on the cover of a game. Plus, I'm a bit superstitious and I don't want any bad luck from it.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I play video games and honestly don't care. The dude has been ultra successful during his time as a pro. Who cares about being on the cover of a game. Plus, I'm a bit superstitious and I don't want any bad luck from it.

I play the game, so if theres a choice between him being on it, or not on it, if rather him be on it. ill take the 5 secs to vote for him. And cover curses of any kind are ridiculous. Madden and SI are the only ones that are even recognized as "bad luck". We all saw how much bad luck the Madden cover brought Calvin Johnson this year..

I play the game, so if theres a choice between him being on it, or not on it, if rather him be on it. ill take the 5 secs to vote for him. And cover curses of any kind are ridiculous. Madden and SI are the only ones that are even recognized as "bad luck". We all saw how much bad luck the Madden cover brought Calvin Johnson this year..

People in the Bay Area have more important things to do than vote for silly things evidently.

I know The Show hasn't really been recognized for having bad luck coverboys, but Adrian Gonzalez had a tough year with all that BS in Boston, Joe Mauer has never gotten right. I guess I'm just superstitious that way.

no playoffs

franchise qb questioned

head coach on fire

not personal bad luck, but his team sucked hard especially after last year
Share 49ersWebzone