There are 150 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
So guys.... if you could only have ONE of these things happening which would you choose...

Niners Win their 6th SB this year

or

Giants winning their 3rd WS in 4 years next year to become the only NL team in history to do that.

Dayum.

I am emotionally connected to both of these teams, but more emotionally connected to Los Gigantes. Winning 3 in 4 puts us in an elite catagory, so I will go with my heart and say the Giants.

Yep. Same for me. But, us old guys have experienced 5 SB wins. I can understand how the younger posters would want the Niners SB win.. As long as we get one of the two I will be pretty happy though.
So guys.... if you could only have ONE of these things happening which would you choose...

or

Giants winning their 3rd WS in 4 years next year to become the only NL team in history to do that.

Dayum.

I am emotionally connected to both of these teams, but more emotionally connected to Los Gigantes. Winning 3 in 4 puts us in an elite catagory, so I will go with my heart and say the Giants.

Yep. Same for me. But, us old guys have experienced 5 SB wins. I can understand how the younger posters would want the Niners SB win.. As long as we get one of the two I will be pretty happy though.

Probably what the younger posters will never understand (and I don't blame them) was the days before the Giants were on television every day. Back in the late 60's and into the early 70's, I was the kid huddled against my tiny transistor radio listening to the Giants (when I couldn't make it to the games out at the stick) which was usually at night. Lon Simmons...Al Michaels...Art Eckman...how many people remember when these guys were Giant announcers? If you listened to the radio every game and that was your only connection when you couldn't be at the park, it just somehow created a bond that will never go away. It wasn't like the 49ers who were always on TV every week, good or bad.

Love them both, but the Giants will always hold that special place for me.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Cheers gentlemen. DC, let me know how the pumpkin is, I almost bought it at BevMo earlier.

$10.99 each. I had to think twice!

Play guinea pig and tell me how it is. Bought Scaldis Peche Mel instead :)

or

EASY!!! The Giants.

After 2013, i think their window will be closing fast. I think next year is their "last shot" of winning a championship before our current cast of characters get too expensive to retain or hit free agency.

I love my niners, but i truly think that they'll be perennial contenders for years to come.
Just a quick Thanksgiving shout out to all of my friends on this thread...rubber, john, stalyn, axe, pdzio, garcia, 99 (and any others that I might have missed)...we argue/fight/agree/get mad/laugh etc. etc. etc. but this is still my favorite thread on this site and I always enjoy talking Giants with all of you.

I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving and that you and your families are blessed with a great holiday season and a healthy, happy, and prosporous 2013.

BTW Rubber, I have two Rogue Pumpkin Ales ready to go for tomorrow

Thanks bro. You as well.

BTW, if you go to sfgiants.com and click on their shop, they have very good deals going on. I just bought a sandoval and bumgarner world series jerseys. (2012) Pablo at home and Bummy on the road.
Happy Thanksgiving to America. Lots for which to be thankful.

or

49ers win their 6th, no doubt. Before 2010 I wouldve said the Giants. I wouldve even said Giants win 2 before Niners win another. But now im ready to see a 6th Lombardi trophy. Its been 18 years since our last one.

or

Dayum.

Probably what the younger posters will never understand (and I don't blame them) was the days before the Giants were on television every day. Back in the late 60's and into the early 70's, I was the kid huddled against my tiny transistor radio listening to the Giants (when I couldn't make it to the games out at the stick) which was usually at night. Lon Simmons...Al Michaels...Art Eckman...how many people remember when these guys were Giant announcers? If you listened to the radio every game and that was your only connection when you couldn't be at the park, it just somehow created a bond that will never go away. It wasn't like the 49ers who were always on TV every week, good or bad.

Love them both, but the Giants will always hold that special place for me.

Yep. It's a tough call because the 49ers brought so much joy in the 80s and 90s and gave the city its first championships. I had season tickets throughout those years and it was a special time. Still, baseball was always #1 for me. Winning 3 out of 4 and being the ONLY NL team to ever do that would cement the Giants as one of the best teams ever and a true dynasty. So, that wins out for me.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran

or

I would give up this last ws for a sb win
  • bors
  • Veteran
lol we da champs damn...feel so good.i may not as way back as others.

but a an 8 year old i would practice my will clark frown and hit the ball in the back yard all day long,was reenacting how i felt the world series should have been going (9inning come back of course) during the quake(Campbell ca near jd morgan park)...ahh good times.feels so good that they finally won not just 1 but 2 championships...hummmm babyyyyyyyy.

Originally posted by toeshawn:

or

I would give up this last ws for a sb win

SB trophy #6 please. Kaepernick SB MVP.
Giants are hozed. First, Eli Whitside signs with the Yankees. Now, Manny Burris signs with the Reds. So much for next year.
Giants are hozed. First, Eli Whitside signs with the Yankees. Now, Manny Burris signs with the Reds. So much for next year.

yeah whats next we cant afford to lose Mota!

lol Burriss did hit his only career HR in Cincy. Guess it left an impression. Not sure why i remember that...
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

i'm thankful for yet another WS trophy
Share 49ersWebzone