LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Hey, check this out.

Andrew Baggarly ‏ @CSNBaggs Reply Retweet Favorite · Open Happy opening day! If Burriss is at 2B, Giants will have first all-homegrown opening-day IF since 1993.

and that was

John Burkett, p; Kirt Manwaring, c; Will Clark, 1b; Robby Thompson, 2b; Royce Clayton, ss; Matt Williams, 3b.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Hey, check this out.

Andrew Baggarly ‏ @CSNBaggs Reply Retweet Favorite · Open Happy opening day! If Burriss is at 2B, Giants will have first all-homegrown opening-day IF since 1993.

and that was

John Burkett, p; Kirt Manwaring, c; Will Clark, 1b; Robby Thompson, 2b; Royce Clayton, ss; Matt Williams, 3b.

Nice. I still can't believe we didn't make the playoffs that year. We won 103 games for Christ sake.
But its not happening according to Boch.

RT @knbrmurph: Love me some Bochy on #SFGiants Opening Day- Said Theriot starts at 2B, @busterposey should catch whole series.

Originally posted by Muggins:
Hey, check this out.

and that was

Nice. I still can't believe we didn't make the playoffs that year. We won 103 games for Christ sake.

AND FINALLY, THE GIANTS HAVE COME BACK TO SAN FRANCISCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, check this out.

and that was

Also wouldn't be out of the question by year's end to see something like this:

Gary Brown - CF
Manny Burriss - 2nd
Pablo Sandoval - 3rd
Buster Posey - 1B
Nate Schierholtz - RF
Hector Sanchez - C
Brandon Belt - LF
Brandon Crawford - SS

Not saying this would be THEE starting lineup, but it's not totally out of the realm of possibility to see Brown sometime in 2012, which would give Bochy the opportunity to turn this completely homegrown lineup card in once or twice.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

wtf? how didn't you guys make the playoffs with 103 wins

oh and
wasn't born, lol
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:

oh and
wasn't born, lol

The f**king Braves were on fire that year, literally. They acquired Fred McGriff mid season and there was fire at Fulton County Stadium that same day. I personally felt like the Braves were the better team anyway but that sucked for us badly. We went down like 6+ games with like a few weeks to play and battled all the way back. It came down to us needing to beat the Dodgers on the last day of the season and they kicked our ass like 12-1 or something.
[ Edited by Muggins on Apr 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM ]

oh and
wasn't born, lol

1st Atlanta Braves 104-58 .

Alright. I am out dudes. Hope you like the new thread. I had built a previous one but the site crash yesterday wiped it out. I made this one and feel good about it for the season. Talk to you later as we get closer to the game, sooner if I cant handle the excitement of the G's starting the season!

Go G's

and

Originally posted by valrod33:

oh and
wasn't born, lol

1st Atlanta Braves 104-58 .

brooks conrad is my hero.
Anyways lets f**king do this!!!!!!!!!!!

2012 Giants
f**king pumped!!! First pitch at 1:10am for me in Germany. Just like the last two years overseas for me... not going to miss a single game this year.

GO GIANTS!!!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Anyways lets f**king do this!!!!!!!!!!!

2012 Giants

Fixed bro,

Is it 4 p.m. yet?!
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Apr 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone