LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Tiger Woods Thread

Originally posted by TheSilverFox1971:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Tiger will never win another major.

I tend to agree with this......my only hesitation is I could see one more Masters falling in his lap. Hangs around, some guys falter, one last flash of brilliance. No way he catches Jack.

Like many I became a big Tiger Woods fan early in his career. I was psyched with every shot. I probably wouldn't have watched golf if he weren't there. I never lost enthusiasm these last 6 years when he battled injuries and swing changes. When golf writers and commentators start going over the litany of injuries the last 10-15 years I'm finally coming to the realization we won't see that player again. Watch Tom Watson's swing, it's effortless, he's still playing into his 60's. If Tiger makes it into his 40's it will be an accomplishment.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Like many I became a big Tiger Woods fan early in his career. I was psyched with every shot. I probably wouldn't have watched golf if he weren't there. I never lost enthusiasm these last 6 years when he battled injuries and swing changes. When golf writers and commentators start going over the litany of injuries the last 10-15 years I'm finally coming to the realization we won't see that player again. Watch Tom Watson's swing, it's effortless, he's still playing into his 60's. If Tiger makes it into his 40's it will be an accomplishment.

I've never been able to find it in print but many years ago, maybe after Tiger won his first Masters, I heard Nicklaus say Tiger would beat his major record unless he had a bad marriage or a bad back. He's had both.
I've never been able to find it in print but many years ago, maybe after Tiger won his first Masters, I heard Nicklaus say Tiger would beat his major record unless he had a bad marriage or a bad back. He's had both.

I remember Fred Couples (also with a bad back) making the observation early in Tiger's career that his powerful swing would cause back problems and shorten his career.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I remember Fred Couples (also with a bad back) making the observation early in Tiger's career that his powerful swing would cause back problems and shorten his career.

Yeah, you're right. They talked about all the torque he was putting on his back. There was also speculation that was part of his knee problems as well.

Side note, interested to see the final round of the PGA today. I'm really pulling for Fowler. He's had an amazing year in the majors. Rory will be tough though. Nice leaderboard for a final round.
Yeah, you're right. They talked about all the torque he was putting on his back. There was also speculation that was part of his knee problems as well.

Side note, interested to see the final round of the PGA today. I'm really pulling for Fowler. He's had an amazing year in the majors. Rory will be tough though. Nice leaderboard for a final round.

The Leader-board is stacked. I'd like to see Fowler or Day pull it off. If Rory wins it will be #4 and there will be no doubt who the best player in the world is. I'm thinking of Phil's British Open, if he gets on a roll there's no stopping him.
Furyk is hanging around as well....

....has Tiger said if he'll play anymore this year?

I need to check the Ryder Cup points as well. With Johnson in spin dry, Duff hurt, and Tiger ailing our team might look dramatically different tan expected.

We might need a RC thread......
Well....PGA is delayed.

[ Edited by TheSilverFox1971 on Aug 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM ]
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
its amazing how far hes fallen in a span of 3-4 years. the affairs and now his body has totally betrayed him. it will be a miracle if he wins another major
Originally posted by FaTaL:
its amazing how far hes fallen in a span of 3-4 years. the affairs and now his body has totally betrayed him. it will be a miracle if he wins another major

Last major was 2008. Time flies.
dude hasnt been relevant in almost a decade

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
dude hasnt been relevant in almost a decade

You even pay attention to golf? Tiger won 5 times on tour last year and was player of the year. Not to mention the fact that he was the #1 ranked player in the world.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Aug 10, 2014 at 3:47 PM ]
I'm not paying attention to Tiger rIght now. This PGA final round is awesome!

Yep. Rooting for Phil but would be happy if Ricky won. Either of the two.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yep. Rooting for Phil but would be happy if Ricky won. Either of the two.

Rooting for Ricky. Kid has been playing really well and is past due.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Rooting for Ricky. Kid has been playing really well and is past due.

I'm in the Fowler camp as well. He's due. I'm not sure they will finish today.
Share 49ersWebzone