LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 365 users in the forums

Tiger Woods Thread

Of course, the story continues! This time, two other marshals who accompanied Woods are saying the first two marshals lied.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9277505/tiger-woods-tpc-flap-course-marshals-dispute-first-account-report-says

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Of course, the story continues! This time, two other marshals who accompanied Woods are saying the first two marshals lied.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9277505/tiger-woods-tpc-flap-course-marshals-dispute-first-account-report-says

"The comments from the marshals in today's story definitively show that Tiger was telling the truth about being told Sergio had hit. I hope this demonstrates to some reporters the importance of accuracy and not jumping to misplaced conclusions.''

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

"The comments from the marshals in today's story definitively show that Tiger was telling the truth about being told Sergio had hit. I hope this demonstrates to some reporters the importance of accuracy and not jumping to misplaced conclusions.''

I told you guys, the marshal that first spoke used a double negative twice.

The marshals are saying that he was told that Sergio had hit but it was AFTER he had already pulled his club out of his bag.

""That's when I yelled back at Lance, 'No ... he's already hit,' " Nedrich said. "Tiger had already taken his club, but we did tell him that Sergio had hit."

So. did Tiger lie? No. Did he conveniently forget the sequence of events. It sounds like it to me.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The marshals are saying that he was told that Sergio had hit but it was AFTER he had already pulled his club out of his bag.

""That's when I yelled back at Lance, 'No ... he's already hit,' " Nedrich said. "Tiger had already taken his club, but we did tell him that Sergio had hit."

So. did Tiger lie? No. Did he conveniently forget the sequence of events. It sounds like it to me.

conviently forgot what a bunch of s**t
the marshals that lied were trying to create a bunch of drama to take a shot a Tiger so it could look like he f**ked up again and bring up his character..

and when anybody brings up his character they look to bring up his past which is a joke

conviently forgot what a bunch of s**t
the marshals that lied were trying to create a bunch of drama to take a shot a Tiger so it could look like he f**ked up again and bring up his character..

and when anybody brings up his character they look to bring up his past which is a joke

The marshals that backed him up flat out said that they told Tiger that Sergio had hit AFTER he had pulled the club. I don't understand why this is hard for you comprehend. I know you idolize the guy and think he can do no wrong but he was wrong in this case. I dont think he did it to screw Garcia but facts are facts.
The marshals that backed him up flat out said that they told Tiger that Sergio had hit AFTER he had pulled the club. I don't understand why this is hard for you comprehend. I know you idolize the guy and think he can do no wrong but he was wrong in this case. I dont think he did it to screw Garcia but facts are facts.

How is Tiger wrong? Again, there is no rule that from 50 yards away you can't pull your club out of your bag. Tiger has no clue the the crowd will react to that. What Tiger is asking of the marshals is it clear for him to proceed with mapping out his next shot. Which could cause commotion because he would be moving around, talking to his caddy, etc. So no, Tiger didn't do anything wrong here or conveniently get the sequence of events wrong. Tiger is 100% correct. Tiger isn't thinking he did anything wrong when he took his club out, which he is correct on. Tiger is saying I asked if Sergio was done with his shot (which the Marshal confirmed) and then proceed to map out his next shot.

Sergio is just a little b***h.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

How is Tiger wrong? Again, there is no rule that from 50 yards away you can't pull your club out of your bag. Tiger has no clue the the crowd will react to that. What Tiger is asking of the marshals is it clear for him to proceed with mapping out his next shot. Which could cause commotion because he would be moving around, talking to his caddy, etc. So no, Tiger didn't do anything wrong here or conveniently get the sequence of events wrong. Tiger is 100% correct. Tiger isn't thinking he did anything wrong when he took his club out, which he is correct on. Tiger is saying I asked if Sergio was done with his shot (which the Marshal confirmed) and then proceed to map out his next shot.

Wrong wrong wrong. FIrst of all its laughable to suggest that Tiger has no clue as to how the crowd will react when he pulls a wood to go for the green out of the rough. Of course they will go crazy and he would know that. Sure there is no rule about it. Just like there is no rule about pulling your club out of the bag if you are 5 yards away. Its called golf ettquette.

I never suggested that he knew for sure that Sergio had not hit. I dont think TIger did actually. However, no marshall ever said that Tiger asked him if Sergio had hit before he pulled the club out of the bag. The marshalls that came to his defense said that they told Tiger that Sergio had hit AFTER he pulled the club.

I believe that if Tiger had done that with say.. Steve Stricker hitting off the fairway instead of Garcia that Tiger would have gone to Steve and apologized.

Listen, I root for Tiger most of the time and enjoy when he is in the hunt. I just am not blindly biased like some in here. And, I dont disagree that Sergio is a little b***h either.

Wrong wrong wrong. FIrst of all its laughable to suggest that Tiger has no clue as to how the crowd will react when he pulls a wood to go for the green out of the rough. Of course they will go crazy and he would know that. Sure there is no rule about it. Just like there is no rule about pulling your club out of the bag if you are 5 yards away. Its called golf ettquette.

I never suggested that he knew for sure that Sergio had not hit. I dont think TIger did actually. However, no marshall ever said that Tiger asked him if Sergio had hit before he pulled the club out of the bag. The marshalls that came to his defense said that they told Tiger that Sergio had hit AFTER he pulled the club.

I believe that if Tiger had done that with say.. Steve Stricker hitting off the fairway instead of Garcia that Tiger would have gone to Steve and apologized.

Listen, I root for Tiger most of the time and enjoy when he is in the hunt. I just am not blindly biased like some in here. And, I dont disagree that Sergio is a little b***h either.

LOL already backtracking from your argument that Tiger lied?? Tiger's 30+ yards away and not to mention Tiger or the marshal can't even see him because Tiger is hitting down an alley way with rows of people down both sides. So there is no way for the marshal or Tiger to know whether or not Sergio had hit already.

not the best quality but good enough.....Sergio takes 2 plus waggles while standing over the ball, so by the time he takes the club away Tiger is already back behind his ball taking practice swings when the ball is in the air
Perfect video. There is at least 5 seconds if not more after he pulls the club out. Sergio could have easily stepped away. Only reason Sergio made a deal out of this is cause he hit a s**tty shot.

Perfect video. There is at least 5 seconds if not more after he pulls the club out. Sergio could have easily stepped away. Only reason Sergio made a deal out of this is cause he hit a s**tty shot.

from the dead middle of the fairway

Hadn't seen the video before this. Just makes Sergio look even more ridiculous. Guy is softer than toilet paper.

Hadn't seen the video before this. Just makes Sergio look even more ridiculous. Guy is softer than toilet paper.

My favorite quote from him over the weekend

"I don't feel that I blew it on sunday, I still would've had to par 17 and 18"

No s**t that's the bare minimum of what was required. Pretty sure 3 balls in the water is blowing it

LOL already backtracking from your argument that Tiger lied?? Tiger's 30+ yards away and not to mention Tiger or the marshal can't even see him because Tiger is hitting down an alley way with rows of people down both sides. So there is no way for the marshal or Tiger to know whether or not Sergio had hit already.

not the best quality but good enough.....Sergio takes 2 plus waggles while standing over the ball, so by the time he takes the club away Tiger is already back behind his ball taking practice swings when the ball is in the air

I guess you missed the part where I said.."did Tiger lie... No". So, no I am not backing down from anything. What I am saying is that he was told after he pulled the club that Sergio had hit and that he would absolutley know that the gallery would get excited and make a roar when he pulled a club. No one knows the fans reactions better than Tiger Woods.. I also believe Garcia made a bigger deal than he should have.
Hey john, just FYI, it's possible for someone to disagree with you and not be blindly biased toward tiger.
Share 49ersWebzone