LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

THE OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN JETPACK ROCKETEER THREAD

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Lol

lol'd your lol
I doubt we would have been any better with lin. We don't have any finishers. All we do is wait at the 3.....
He is gonna be on ESPNs baseball tonight, Yeah the Baseball show is gonna interview the basketball guy
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is gonna be on ESPNs baseball tonight, Yeah the Baseball show is gonna interview the basketball guy

They've been doing segments about him on NFL Live, too.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
watch melo fu*k this all up.

Melo>mj

I have a lot of respect for Mark Jackson's assist totals, but there is no way he is in the same conversation as Carmelo; even if Carmelo isn't a top tier player.

Lol
Originally posted by sacniner:
This is dumb as hell. NOBODY knew he would be this good. Nobody could have predicted this. If Danantoni's job wasn't on the line and he wasn't extremely desperate, this would have never happend. This was caused by an act of desperation.

I agree...

I watched Lin play in the 2nd quarter (which was an early entrance for him) in a game against Denver last season; I was pretty excited because I had played against him a couple of times in pick-up games when he was in high school and when he was about to start his sophomore year at Harvard. I really wanted to see how he would handle playing against the "big boys". The confidence he had playing against UConn and BC was NOT there. He looked scared, tentative, and completely lost. He came in subbing for Curry, and every time he ran down the court on an in-bounds play, the entire coaching staff got up and ended up directing him to specific spots on the floor so that they could start running isolation plays for Ellis.

Lin just wasn't completely ready...not yet. He needed a little bit more seasoning, and the way how the Warriors' personnel stacked up, as much as it pains me to say this, I don't think he would've been successful if he had stuck around. Getting some extra time to work on his game during the lockout, playing in the D-league, and going to a team where his skill-set fits the system has really been to his benefit. Plus, I think there he really felt the pressure to perform well since he was "home" and what-not. That probably messed with him mentally. I hated to see him go since I'm a big fan of his (and a GSW fan), but the move to NYC has ended up being in his best interest. He just wasn't quite ready yet last year, and because he was pulled out of "training camp" before the first practice, the Warriors' brass never got the chance to see how much he had improved. That said, maybe that was their one mistake...they should've kept him around for a day or two just to see his improved game. But hey...I have to remind myself that the NBA is very much a business, and his departure was a business decision. In hindsight, not a great one, but oh well...

I'm rooting for him...all-around nice guy.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by hott:

you must follow baron davis on twitter
Whatever you think of Lin, his story is 1000 times better (and less annoying) than Tebow.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Whatever you think of Lin, his story is 1000 times better (and less annoying) than Tebow.

Its dumb people are comparing them, because honestly they are getting all the publicity for different reasons.

Its dumb people are comparing them, because honestly they are getting all the publicity for different reasons.

Lin's story is more compelling because of his rough upbringing in China, family struggles with hunger and poverty, abusive parents, and current struggles with the English language. Only recently was he able to afford a bed for himself after spending several years on couches that belonged to his teammates.

says you.

This is getting annoyifying.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

says you.

This is getting annoyifying.

Its gotta be annoying if you're a warriors fan.
he's great for the nba and china
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

Lin's story is more compelling because of his rough upbringing in China, family struggles with hunger and poverty, abusive parents, and current struggles with the English language. Only recently was he able to afford a bed for himself after spending several years on couches that belonged to his teammates.

Comparing Linsanity vs. Tebow Mania....

Lin is actualy good at his job.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Feb 16, 2012 at 5:48 PM ]
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

WTF?
Share 49ersWebzone