There are 306 users in the forums

2013-14 Los Angeles Clippers thread

everyone on the Clippers wagon
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews

Report: Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to buy Los Angeles Clippers for a record $2 billion - @latimes http://lat.ms/1pp9ymm&nbsp
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Andrea Chang ‏@byandreachang

Sterling's lawyer just told me, in Sterling's driveway, "My belief is he will not sell this team."
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne

There is now a signed, binding agreement between Ballmer and the Sterling family trust to sell the Clippers for $2billion, ESPN has learned
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

There is now a signed, binding agreement between Ballmer and the Sterling family trust to sell the Clippers for $2billion, ESPN has learned
Can someone explain to me how the Clippers fetched $2 Billion when The Bucks sold for $550 Million. They don't have a good deal with the Staples Center, until the last couple years they were usually bottom feeders rarely making the play-offs. You can count their play-off series wins on one hand even though they have been in the league over 40 years. They did win their only division titles the last two years, but they sold for 3 times their estimated value.
Originally posted by BobS:
Can someone explain to me how the Clippers fetched $2 Billion when The Bucks sold for $550 Million. They don't have a good deal with the Staples Center, until the last couple years they were usually bottom feeders rarely making the play-offs. You can count their play-off series wins on one hand even though they have been in the league over 40 years. They did win their only division titles the last two years, but they sold for 3 times their estimated value.

Apparently, Steve Ballmer REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wants a basketball team . . .
likely an indication of Seattle's chances (or lack thereof) to land one - as this, obviously, will end his association with Hansen's group.

team on the rise, good group of core players, championship caliber coach, top market.

More importantly, you, as an owner, get hailed as a savior that will liberate this team from the shackles of its racist owner, so there was going to be a bidding war for that role.
Lol, Maloofs got ripped off.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

lol what's the difference between Los Angeles and Milwaukee as markets? think about it.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

lol what's the difference between Los Angeles and Milwaukee as markets? think about it.
But almost 4x the price? The Clippers own nothing, they supposedly don't even have a good lease agreement with the Staples Center not getting any of the luxury box revenue. They sold for almost as much as the Dodgers that have a storied history with multiple championships, and own their stadium and surrounding land. Seriously $1 Billion was the highest any of the so called experts predicted and they doubled that.

• titan
  • Veteran
As long as Oprah Winfrey doesn't own it she is so ANNOYING! even worse than the sellout Magic Johnson.
  • titan
  • Veteran
How much do you think Lakers would sell for?
Share 49ersWebzone