LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 339 users in the forums

Albert Pujols signs with the Angels

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Cj Wilson just signed too
Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman
Wilson signs with angels $75M 5 yrs

lol @ the wilson signing but where are the angels getting this money? they're like the new red sox......btw, isn't it weird that neither the red sox or yankees are big players so far???
They got a new TV deal which is giving them 150 mil a year
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Cj Wilson just signed too
Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman
Wilson signs with angels $75M 5 yrs

lol @ the wilson signing but where are the angels getting this money? they're like the new red sox......btw, isn't it weird that neither the red sox or yankees are big players so far???
They got a new TV deal which is giving them 150 mil a year

Monopoly money
Championship. Srsly.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
f**k the Los Angeles of Southern California Anaheim California Angels.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Fck the Angels.

Originally posted by Amir:
f**k the Los Angeles of Southern California Anaheim California Angels.

Arte Moreno just spent $145 million more for 2 players than he paid for the entire team in 2003.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
^^

Nah, not hating. I don't really follow baseball. I just hate their stupid long ass name.
Originally posted by Amir:
^^

Nah, not hating. I don't really follow baseball. I just hate their stupid long ass name.

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Fck the Angels.

this

While the money spent on Pujols and Wilson is sick money and Pujols wont be worth the contract in 5 years it still makes sense. Why?

1) It immediately makes them the favorites to win the AL
2) It just cements them as the #1 team in LA. It will take many years for the Dodgers to catch up
3) Attendance has been good. Now it will be great and they will steal fans from the Dodgers.
4) Moreno bought the entire team for about $180 million. He knows he can sell this team at any time and make a fortune.

I am still shocked the offered $250 million for Albert but it I can see the logic.
They will still find a way to finish 2nd in the AL West
They will still find a way to finish 2nd in the AL West

We won 5 out of the last 7 division titles. Even last year, we almost got in while our best hitter was out for the whole year, and we were being carried by a rookie hitter and our pitching staff. We get Morales back this year, and we have the best hitter in baseball now...We have 3 of the most talented young hitters in baseballs (Trumbo, Trout, Bourjos). We still have one of the best pitching staffs in baseball, and probably the best now with the addition of Wilson (who as the Rangers best pitcher)...Sorry, but this division is locked up for the next 5-6 years.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Dec 8, 2011 at 9:26 AM ]
sethmeyers21 Seth Meyers
Financial details of Pujols story fail to include that in year seven of the deal he also starts collecting social security. #Payday
sethmeyers21 Seth Meyers
Financial details of Pujols story fail to include that in year seven of the deal he also starts collecting social security. #Payday

Share 49ersWebzone