LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

Now Tony Parker got an eye injury while attending the night club where the Drake Chris Brown brawl broke out went into surgery today to repair eye.
Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Now Tony Parker got an eye injury while attending the night club where the Drake Chris Brown brawl broke out went into surgery today to repair eye.

He says he almost lost his eye.

The initial report was that he wouldn't miss the Olympics now today they are saying he will because during surgery they found some glass stuck in his eye and the damage is worse than they thought. He will find out more July 5th when they will examine the results of the surgery.
It will be interesting to see what RC Buford does in the draft this year. With the spurs only pick being at 59 it makes me wonder if there are any trades of players he might make to get himself either higher in the draft or to accumulate another draft record. With Buford's ability to find good young talent in the late first and second rounds I would not be upset if he decided on of next years draft picks if he was getting a player he loved.
It will be interesting to see what RC Buford does in the draft this year. With the spurs only pick being at 59 it makes me wonder if there are any trades of players he might make to get himself either higher in the draft or to accumulate another draft record. With Buford's ability to find good young talent in the late first and second rounds I would not be upset if he decided on of next years draft picks if he was getting a player he loved.

I think 2011-12 was the last burst we had. Unless we pick up a couple of free agents (PF/C and SG/SF) where the shooter doesn't tighten up during the playoffs, then we are in slight rebuild mode.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM ]
You guys got a good player last night. Undersized but he can play.
Just seen a few interesting names that are rumored to be linked to the Spurs in free agency. Those names are Marcus Camby, Josh Howard and Jose Calderon
The Spurs have resigned Danny Green to a 3 year deal and look like they have a 3 year deal in place for Duncan and a 2 year deal for Boris Diaw.
The Spurs have resigned Danny Green to a 3 year deal and look like they have a 3 year deal in place for Duncan and a 2 year deal for Boris Diaw.

I like Green but he disappeared vs OKC and that was with open shots. Man, if we can get Camby....that would be ideal.
Watching clips of Nando De Colo, he seems just like the type of player we need off the bench. Someone who can find his own shot, and is a savvy scorer. Can't wait to see what he can do.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I like Green but he disappeared vs OKC and that was with open shots. Man, if we can get Camby....that would be ideal.

It sounds like we are out of the running for Camby but we could get the 6'10" European to come over that was apart of the George Hill trade. His name is Erazam Lorbek he acquired his draft rights when we traded Hill and we also got Kawhi Leonard.

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Watching clips of Nando De Colo, he seems just like the type of player we need off the bench. Someone who can find his own shot, and is a savvy scorer. Can't wait to see what he can do.

I wonder if Parker had something to do with this signing considering he is playing for the French in the Olympics.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

I wonder if Parker had something to do with this signing considering he is playing for the French in the Olympics.
I definitely think it had a positive effect. He turned down more $ overseas to play for the spurs.
  • Jiks
Does anybody know much about Dennis Lindsey? Don't know much about him but he is now our GM(Jazz). Just curious if anyone has any input.
Share 49ersWebzone