There are 157 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

Originally posted by dobo:
Biggest weakness: Duncan-Splitter-Blair-Bonner won't be enough inside. With a few too many wings on the roster, I think the Spurs might make a trade.

I like seeing David Robinson in burnt orange.

Can't trade Timmy. Don't want to let Splitter go unless we can package Splitter and Blair but then Duncan will be retired soon and then that only leaves us with that one new acquisition and Parker.

What do you think?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Biggest weakness: Duncan-Splitter-Blair-Bonner won't be enough inside. With a few too many wings on the roster, I think the Spurs might make a trade.

I like seeing David Robinson in burnt orange.

Can't trade Timmy. Don't want to let Splitter go unless we can package Splitter and Blair but then Duncan will be retired soon and then that only leaves us with that one new acquisition and Parker.

What do you think?

I was thinking more of adding a big, not trading one away. Blair seems tradeable, though. Maybe package him with RJ and Danny Green, or some picks.

It would have to be wih a team that needs money relief. I just dont see any team wanting one solid player whos not tall enough and a bunch of unproven scaps...wait! Maybe we can sucker a pumped up GM who wants to find the next Jeremy Lin!

Yes! Jeremy Lin can do no wrong.
Tony Parker and Pop are gonna get a turn at Lin. It will finally be time to end this sherade.
I do think the spurs need another big to help take the pressure of Timmy. Splitter has not developed like I thought he would, Blair is not athletic enough to overcome the height he has to give up, and Bonner is not a true big more suited to the outside game. A guy like Anderson Verajeo would be a good fit, he is a spurs type player who is a good rebounder and plays great defence he could really take the pressure of Timmy on the Defensive end.
Tony Parker and Pop are gonna get a turn at Lin. It will finally be time to end this sherade.

Kings will get them tonight
Manu hurt AGAIN. Strained oblique. No idea what that means re: timetable.

Splitter hurt too. Strained calf.

Pretty amazing what this team has done without its best player.

I dont like it. We are still a top team and Pop keeps figuring the regular season out but Manus injuries are going to really set us back for the playoffs. Hope he gets healthy soon and doesnt get reinjured.
WTF pop? The big 3 better have gotten some damn good rest! The time they show the Spurs play on TV (NBATV) and I can watch, you pull this rest s**t!
WTF pop? The big 3 better have gotten some damn good rest! The time they show the Spurs play on TV (NBATV) and I can watch, you pull this rest s**t!

I understand Pops thinking in resting guys but come on man give us out of market fans a little excitement.

If you offer me an 8 seed and a healthy Manu for the playoffs I would take that over a 2 seed without him.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:

If you offer me an 8 seed and a healthy Manu for the playoffs I would take that over a 2 seed without him.

totally. Man, it looked like we were going to completely swing the game our way after the 3rd. Splitter just looks lost out there. He's got some good skills but it doesn't look like he knows what he's doing or he doesn't have good anticipation of where to be when the ball is moving.

And Tony Parker has great command of himself and manipulating his defender along with making the right passes. Why this guy is never in MVP talks...I don't know. Not saying he should get it but the dude has carried this team for 2 straight regular seasons now.

IF the Spurs make a trade, which is highly unlikely, they should consider going after Brook Lopez. He seems to have regressed somewhat (3.6 rebounds per game), but maybe the Spurs can be a third team facilitating a Dwight Howard trade. The Nets showcased him last week, but maybe the Magic don't want him.

We need some length in the paint. Our interior defense turns into crap whenever Duncan sits or isn't there.
Yes!!!!!

Love the 1st round pick from Golden State! SA will be deadly with a lottery pick.

Don't mind trading Jefferson for SJax. At least SJax will have some balls to shoot a three in the playoffs.
Yes!!!!!

Love the 1st round pick from Golden State! SA will be deadly with a lottery pick.

Don't mind trading Jefferson for SJax. At least SJax will have some balls to shoot a three in the playoffs.

You're giving GS a first rounder
Originally posted by YungAce:
Yes!!!!!

This. Lol. Joecool is going to die when he sees this
Originally posted by YungAce:
Yes!!!!!

Then the dude on the radio said it wrong. Don't know why SA made that trade. What the hell are they going to do with SJax aside for his 3-point shooting in the playoffs (RJ was scared to shoot in the playoffs)?

It doesn't make sense. We gave up two things for a guy who probably won't be on the team for very long.
Share 49ersWebzone