There are 263 users in the forums

Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman Killed

• sfout
  • Veteran
Sad thing is it was probably over money, he was barely making anything and getting optioned to Tacoma means he gets paid a AAA player salary(average is somewhere in the 30-60K range depending on their skill).

He was playing for Tacoma when I caught Mariners game in Seattle this summer, hell of a ball player.

RIP
Really tragic.

My question is if ESPN is covering this story like they're covering the story from Penn State? I know that he's a no-name but this is so sad.

God, i fuken hate espn.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
When you said Netherlands, I immediately thought of fat POS Sidney Ponson.

RIP Greg Halman

except Aruba is half way around the world from Holland...

Jair Jurrjens is more Dutch than any of them simply because of his name.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Nov 25, 2011 at 12:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

RIP Greg Halman

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/worldclassic2009/news/story?id=3868971

Ponson to pitch for Netherlands in WBC
EmailPrintCommentsReuters

Sidney Ponson will pitch for the Netherlands in the World Baseball Classic, the first major league player to confirm his participation for the nation in the event, officials said Thursday.

The 32-year-old right-hander, a native of Aruba, was 8-5 with a 5.04 ERA last season with the New York Yankees.

Currently a free agent, Ponson spent most of his 11 years in the majors with the Baltimore Orioles, but also played for San Francisco, St. Louis, Minnesota and Texas.

Netherlands-born Bert Blyleven, who played 22 years in the big leagues, will be a pitching coach for the Netherlands, Major League Baseball said in a statement.

In the first round of the WBC, which will be played in March, the Netherlands will compete against the Dominican Republic, Panama and Puerto Rico.

The semifinals and final of the event will take place March 21-23 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.

RIP Greg Halman

Sidney Ponson will pitch for the Netherlands in the World Baseball Classic, the first major league player to confirm his participation for the nation in the event, officials said Thursday.

The 32-year-old right-hander, a native of Aruba, was 8-5 with a 5.04 ERA last season with the New York Yankees.

Currently a free agent, Ponson spent most of his 11 years in the majors with the Baltimore Orioles, but also played for San Francisco, St. Louis, Minnesota and Texas.

Netherlands-born Bert Blyleven, who played 22 years in the big leagues, will be a pitching coach for the Netherlands, Major League Baseball said in a statement.

In the first round of the WBC, which will be played in March, the Netherlands will compete against the Dominican Republic, Panama and Puerto Rico.

The semifinals and final of the event will take place March 21-23 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.

So because he pitched for the Netherlands in the WBC, hes from there?

When I think of Sidney Ponson I think of Aruba, where hes from.

RIP Greg Halman

So because he pitched for the Netherlands in the WBC, hes from there?

Show me where I made that assumption?

Share 49ersWebzone