There are 150 users in the forums

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 3,000 for Jcool.
SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS

dingdingding RT @rkamruddin: @SPORTSbyBROOKS wasn't the Governor the States attorney who originally began the investigation?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Originally posted by Otter:
yea jim, ur not allowed to have an opinion untill they are proven guilty by a jury, so how dare u bring up evidence that hasnt been proven! oj and casey are also innocent in his mind.

Have any of these new stories been proven or supported with facts? I think it's fine to have an opinion on Paterno and McQueary and such. But this governor story seems odd.
no, but sportsfan tried 2 say i couldnt have an opinion after reading the 23 page grand jury report(filled with testimonies from multiple witnesses, a mother whose child was raped and police officers that listened in to the convo between sandusky and the mother. i also looked at the timeline of events which chronicles each incident he had, where it was, and who knew about it. This is all solid evidence, but according to sportsfan im not allowed to look into it until the jury tries him. right now the Governor story is just speculation, u r right. i was just pointing out how ridiculous sportsfan has been in this thread.

I have stated this over and over and don't to sound mean but you obviously can't read. I am pretty sure I have at no point said you can't have an opinion. The fact is you have stated I can't by calling me blind, gullible, naive for not believing these guys are 100% guilty.

If you can find where I posted that you can't have the opinion you have then I will gladly apologize.

maybe u never came out and said those exact words, but u have become confrontational with people for saying how they feel. i have been very open after reading the report and looking at all the events that took place(not just listening 2 a few news reports) with my disgust for the people involved. i am not going to scroll through a 69 page thread, but u have made cracks to me posting how i feel on this topic. if u want to wait for the jury to decide to cast stones, thats ur option. i am going to decide how i feel now after much research, and if i am wrong i will be the 1st to admit it and apologize(99.9% chance i wont be wrong though with how clear most of this is)
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Here come tweedle dee and tweedle .... again making up stuff that I haven't said.

My stance has always been the same - wait until all the evidence has been presented and then make up your mind. You guys made up your mind the hour after the initial press release most likely.

Look at you guys. There is stuff being reported left and right and you are eating it up. If I were to believe everything that was reported so far the whole state of PA is filled with pedophiles. This is all just SENSATIONAL JOURNALISM right now. Not saying it won't end up being true at the end but right now I am taking the wait and see approach.

What more do you need to know? LMAO! He already admitted to at least showering naked with young boys and touching them - twice! JoePa already admitted on camera that with hindsight he would've done more. Isn't that enough? If that was your son would you need to hear anything more than that? Even without taking the past jury trials into consideration, the present facts are enough to deem this man guilty of child molestation and Penn State as a whole should be held accountable for allowing this to continue.

Once these victims make their appearance visible and you see their face and hear their voices, you still see them more than just a label.

So you are 100% sure MJ was a child molester?
thegore49er dont waste ur time, i tried.
[ Edited by njninersfan420 on Nov 15, 2011 at 1:04 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
DanWetzel Dan Wetzel

Podcast: Sara Ganim, crime reporter Harrisburg Patriot-News w insight and info on Sandusky/Penn St.

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/shows/dan-wetzel/wetzel-podcast-11-15-11241/

Just got done listening to this... REALLY good... gives you a pretty good history on whats all going on. About 37 min long.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I'm at the point where I just don't want to hear about this s**t any more. I listen to sports radio at work all day, and 8 hours a day of this is f**king depressing. At this point I'd personally give this guy the needle. I've got a 3 year old and now I'll probably never leave him alone. Poor kid.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Here come tweedle dee and tweedle .... again making up stuff that I haven't said.

My stance has always been the same - wait until all the evidence has been presented and then make up your mind. You guys made up your mind the hour after the initial press release most likely.

Look at you guys. There is stuff being reported left and right and you are eating it up. If I were to believe everything that was reported so far the whole state of PA is filled with pedophiles. This is all just SENSATIONAL JOURNALISM right now. Not saying it won't end up being true at the end but right now I am taking the wait and see approach.

What more do you need to know? LMAO! He already admitted to at least showering naked with young boys and touching them - twice! JoePa already admitted on camera that with hindsight he would've done more. Isn't that enough? If that was your son would you need to hear anything more than that? Even without taking the past jury trials into consideration, the present facts are enough to deem this man guilty of child molestation and Penn State as a whole should be held accountable for allowing this to continue.

Once these victims make their appearance visible and you see their face and hear their voices, you still see them more than just a label.

So you are 100% sure MJ was a child molester?

No. He never admitted to touching young naked boys in any shape or form. Do you not see the difference between those two?
Originally posted by TX9R:
I'm at the point where I just don't want to hear about this s**t any more. I listen to sports radio at work all day, and 8 hours a day of this is f**king depressing. At this point I'd personally give this guy the needle. I've got a 3 year old and now I'll probably never leave him alone. Poor kid.

To me, can a jury decide this guy innocent without public outcry and retrial or a higher court? I just can't imagine this guy getting a not guilty verdict.

Unless, some crazy thing comes up that ALL of the people involved are pedophiles and that Sandusky is taking the fall.
yea jim, ur not allowed to have an opinion untill they are proven guilty by a jury, so how dare u bring up evidence that hasnt been proven! oj and casey are also innocent in his mind.

Have any of these new stories been proven or supported with facts? I think it's fine to have an opinion on Paterno and McQueary and such. But this governor story seems odd.
no, but sportsfan tried 2 say i couldnt have an opinion after reading the 23 page grand jury report(filled with testimonies from multiple witnesses, a mother whose child was raped and police officers that listened in to the convo between sandusky and the mother. i also looked at the timeline of events which chronicles each incident he had, where it was, and who knew about it. This is all solid evidence, but according to sportsfan im not allowed to look into it until the jury tries him. right now the Governor story is just speculation, u r right. i was just pointing out how ridiculous sportsfan has been in this thread.

I have stated this over and over and don't to sound mean but you obviously can't read. I am pretty sure I have at no point said you can't have an opinion. The fact is you have stated I can't by calling me blind, gullible, naive for not believing these guys are 100% guilty.

If you can find where I posted that you can't have the opinion you have then I will gladly apologize.

maybe u never came out and said those exact words, but u have become confrontational with people for saying how they feel. i have been very open after reading the report and looking at all the events that took place(not just listening 2 a few news reports) with my disgust for the people involved. i am not going to scroll through a 69 page thread, but u have made cracks to me posting how i feel on this topic. if u want to wait for the jury to decide to cast stones, thats ur option. i am going to decide how i feel now after much research, and if i am wrong i will be the 1st to admit it and apologize(99.9% chance i wont be wrong though with how clear most of this is)

u ever watch the show cops, where at the beginning they say all suspects are innocent until proven guilty? then you watch the criminal commit the crime right in front of you on your tv screen. But wait, we cant call him guilty until his day in court right? that man just robbed a store and got caught, but according to you dont call him a criminal yet right? I AM NOT IMPLYING i witnessed sandusky commit any crime, but with him coming out and admitting 2 multiple showers with boys, multiple witnesses seeing him rape boys, an multiple boys implying he molested them it is almost as cut and dry as watching a guy on cops.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SPORTSbyBROOKS

Jerry Sandusky not only one still currently hounding his rape victims. So is his wife.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2060914/Penn-State-scandal-Why-did-Jerry-Sanduskys-wife-Dorothy-abuse-victim.html

Originally posted by SportsFan:Correct me if I am wrong but Sandusky retired in 99 right? And most if not all of these incidents took place through the Second Mile foundation? So how is that the football program? Just cause the incidents took place on campus at facilities used by the football program doesn't mean it is the football program.in 99 he left psu for it, but no legal action. this makes it look very suspecious that he was told walk away and we will keep this quiet. so yes he was gone in 99 but then 2002 he molested a boy in the shower on penn state campus AND WAS CAUGHT, and still he didnt get arrested. r u really that dull? the football program members are the ones that knew that this was going on and never called the cops because they didnt want their program to look bad. how is this so hard for some people to understand, all the facts are there its so cut and dry. Also sandusky showed up to practice in 2008 with a boy, a closed practice. joe pa and mcquiry saw him, after knowing about 99 and 2002, saw him there with another small boy and again did nothing. read the timeline of events of what happned and how he got caught and still no legal action its appalling, they completly allowed a pedophile to run wild on their campus with small boys for a decade, knowing dam well what he was.

The above is where our conversation started. At no point have I been confrontational. I have stated from the beginning that I am fine with people making up their minds. It is you that has attacked me for waiting until I hear all the evidence (see your "are you that dull comment"). I love people on this board that make up their own version of what happened. Did I make a back handed comment about your intelligence? Ya I did and I will apologize for that. But with our ongoing conversation and the apparent lack of ability for you to remember what I have said or comprehend what I have said ....
Originally posted by Joecool:

To me, can a jury decide this guy innocent without public outcry and retrial or a higher court? I just can't imagine this guy getting a not guilty verdict.

Unless, some crazy thing comes up that ALL of the people involved are pedophiles and that Sandusky is taking the fall.

You cant have a retrial unless there were errors by the judge or Sandusky did not receive competent defense. You certainly cannot have it tried in a higher court. As far as public outcry.. well the OJ case and the Casey Anthony proved that public outcry means nothing. Juries are unpredictable and that will never change.

Hopefully all the facts will come out, the kids who were abused will step forward and Sandusky will be found guilty. Also, hopefully anyone that lied or covered anything up will also pay the maximum penalty that is possible. I do believe that evidence that we have seen to this point make him seem dirty as hell.

As far as this thread goes.. the ridicule on Sports Fan has become just a bit excessive dont you think?

Originally posted by SportsFan:Correct me if I am wrong but Sandusky retired in 99 right? And most if not all of these incidents took place through the Second Mile foundation? So how is that the football program? Just cause the incidents took place on campus at facilities used by the football program doesn't mean it is the football program.in 99 he left psu for it, but no legal action. this makes it look very suspecious that he was told walk away and we will keep this quiet. so yes he was gone in 99 but then 2002 he molested a boy in the shower on penn state campus AND WAS CAUGHT, and still he didnt get arrested. r u really that dull? the football program members are the ones that knew that this was going on and never called the cops because they didnt want their program to look bad. how is this so hard for some people to understand, all the facts are there its so cut and dry. Also sandusky showed up to practice in 2008 with a boy, a closed practice. joe pa and mcquiry saw him, after knowing about 99 and 2002, saw him there with another small boy and again did nothing. read the timeline of events of what happned and how he got caught and still no legal action its appalling, they completly allowed a pedophile to run wild on their campus with small boys for a decade, knowing dam well what he was.

The above is where our conversation started. At no point have I been confrontational. I have stated from the beginning that I am fine with people making up their minds. It is you that has attacked me for waiting until I hear all the evidence (see your "are you that dull comment"). I love people on this board that make up their own version of what happened. Did I make a back handed comment about your intelligence? Ya I did and I will apologize for that. But with our ongoing conversation and the apparent lack of ability for you to remember what I have said or comprehend what I have said ....

wow i guess u do have time to scroll through a 69 page thread. yes i called u dull. u have probably over 70 posts in this thread and id say about 75% of them are condescending, sophomoric, and some confrontational. i refuse to scroll through this whole thread, which apparently u had the time to do so. if i offended u sorry, but i feel strongly since what this man did was so horrific. i also feel strongly that an adult can form their own opinion, and i formed mine ONLY after reading the grand jury report and chronological timeline of events. Like i said b4 if u want to wait till he is convicted to cast stones that is ur option, i will voice my opinion now and if in the .01% chance that i am wrong, i will apologize.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Wait, bodies? Fill me in.

PS - disgusting interview with Sandusky over the phone. He sounded DISGUSTING and completely guilty with pedophile tendencies. Listening to him try to say he's not into young boys made it sounds like he was SUPER into young boys.

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS

Source noted coach interest - w/ old man around, Sandusky trial, civil suits & fractured fanbase - isn't exactly brimming w/ good candidate

As long as remnants of Paterno era regime remain at Penn State, Bradley is set for life, along w/ other PSU lifers. Coach or not. #hushmoney

What self-respecting coach goes there w/ Paterno regime still in place? Like guillotine hanging over school that could drop at any moment

Even if Penn State administration, football & athletic dept employees let go, Paterno still lurking - and now we know his M.O. All about him

Source also said Governor in deep w/ Trustees which explains status quo. Gov. knew about Sandusky & is Trustee himself. Massive conspiracy.

I'm not throwing out anything informed Pennsylvania media doesn't already know or have an inkling about. Open secret. I will have more soon.

So if you're wondering why Governor hasn't cleaned house, now u kno. He's one of Trustees himself who gave Sandusky a pass. Moreso, actually

Doesn't explain the bodies part, though. But WOW the f**king GOVERNOR knew?! That is sickening.

This. Good god....it keeps getting worse.

But wait, Sportsfan says they have to prove they are all guilty with a jury in a court of law to be GUILITY!! You could have everyone looking the other way, maybe thats how this went on for sooo long, the school, HC all the other coaches, the BOD and police (haha they can be paid off easy) and now the STATE knew about this scumbag. If this is true and the case, everyone will get a free pass.

well, OJ is innocent, not sure about that crazy lady tho!

I always thought the whole state of PA is full of peds. I have not made up my mind on everything.
Originally posted by Joecool:

He could get a "NOT GUILITY" verdict if SportsFan is in the Jury!!
Share 49ersWebzone