There are 139 users in the forums

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
So you are stating that you don't believe innocent until proven guilty? Cause you did state that I don't believe anyone is guilty until convicted by a jury.

so u belive oj is innocent? u belive casey anthony is innocent? come on now. what im saying is i believe as a grown man, i can read evidence, research facts, and come to a logical conclusion as to what went on here. any1 with half a brain can.

waiting 4 ur rebuttal here. also u never responded to y mcquiry would lie to the grand jury about stopping the rape( a lie that would make him look worse and like a coward) ur logic is he told them something to make himself look worse, think about that.
So you are stating that you don't believe innocent until proven guilty? Cause you did state that I don't believe anyone is guilty until convicted by a jury.

so u belive oj is innocent? u belive casey anthony is innocent? come on now. what im saying is i believe as a grown man, i can read evidence, research facts, and come to a logical conclusion as to what went on here. any1 with half a brain can.

It is like beating a dead horse.

You have no evidence. The grand jury report isn't evidence. If it is, give the PA DA a call up and tell him to present that report as evidence during the trial. My whole point has always been wait until all the evidence is out and then make an educated decision. You decided 2 days into the whole ordeal that he was guilty. After all the evidence has been presented you may very well come to the same conclusion you have now.

As for me, do I believe Sandusky is guilty. Ya, it looks bad but with what I have in front of me as evidence now, as a juror, I would not be ready to convict. As for Joe Pa, same thing. What I have heard in the media, if I want to believe it word for word, is bad and he deserves everything that comes his way.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by valrod33:
That interview was f**king creepy

did u hear the pause when costas asked him if he was attracted to young boys? the guy had 2 pause and think, then he claims he has a strong fondness for them, likes 2 be around them, but not in a sexual way. that was beyond creepy, it was sickening to hear this pervert.

No question that this interview did not help Sandusky, The pause that you mention was telling I thought. However, the points you make about his attorney are irrelevant.

how is it irrelevant????????? the guy representing him at the age of 49 knocked up a 16 year old girl!!!!!!!!!!!!! this brings into question the character of the man representing him.

The character of his attorney is not in question here. The ONLY thing that is important is what Sandusky did and who covered it up. You can make a moral judgement about the attorney but it truly should have no bearing on this case.

John, You are right. But that's not the only thing that's important here. There is a COVER up like you said, and so many young boys/ kids are victims, so Everything and Everyone needs to be looked at. I am sure his attorney is a scumbag. Most attorneys are lying scumbags, You can't trust any of them, as they have a license to lie and twist the truth. So don't discount what's important here. I am surprised with you being a teacher and a dad that you are posting this??

i agree, even though i bought up the lawyer thing i obviously know what is important here. i just find it ironic that the guy defending a child molester knocked up a 16 year old girl. if he lived in most other states he would be sitting next to sandusky in a cell. again, that isnt whats important here but was worth discussing.

What kind of person would want to be, or who would be the lawyer for Sandusky??

Even the worst serial murderers get attorneys to represent them. Hell. one of the most famous lawyers in LA defended OJ Simpson. I dont see how anyone can defend some people but I am not a defense attorney. Its our system though. Someone has to defend him in a court of law.

You have no evidence. The grand jury report isn't evidence. If it is, give the PA DA a call up and tell him to present that report as evidence during the trial. My whole point has always been wait until all the evidence is out and then make an educated decision. You decided 2 days into the whole ordeal that he was guilty. After all the evidence has been presented you may very well come to the same conclusion you have now.

As for me, do I believe Sandusky is guilty. Ya, it looks bad but with what I have in front of me as evidence now, as a juror, I would not be ready to convict. As for Joe Pa, same thing. What I have heard in the media, if I want to believe it word for word, is bad and he deserves everything that comes his way.

I guess they ( BOD FOR PSU) just fired JoePa for the hell of it. It was his time to be fired, a few days before a big game.

yea it is like beating a dead horse. cant argue with an ignoramus. u formed ur opinion, the rest of the country with half a brain formed theirs

did u hear the pause when costas asked him if he was attracted to young boys? the guy had 2 pause and think, then he claims he has a strong fondness for them, likes 2 be around them, but not in a sexual way. that was beyond creepy, it was sickening to hear this pervert.

No question that this interview did not help Sandusky, The pause that you mention was telling I thought. However, the points you make about his attorney are irrelevant.

how is it irrelevant????????? the guy representing him at the age of 49 knocked up a 16 year old girl!!!!!!!!!!!!! this brings into question the character of the man representing him.

The character of his attorney is not in question here. The ONLY thing that is important is what Sandusky did and who covered it up. You can make a moral judgement about the attorney but it truly should have no bearing on this case.

John, You are right. But that's not the only thing that's important here. There is a COVER up like you said, and so many young boys/ kids are victims, so Everything and Everyone needs to be looked at. I am sure his attorney is a scumbag. Most attorneys are lying scumbags, You can't trust any of them, as they have a license to lie and twist the truth. So don't discount what's important here. I am surprised with you being a teacher and a dad that you are posting this??

i agree, even though i bought up the lawyer thing i obviously know what is important here. i just find it ironic that the guy defending a child molester knocked up a 16 year old girl. if he lived in most other states he would be sitting next to sandusky in a cell. again, that isnt whats important here but was worth discussing.

Even the worst serial murderers get attorneys to represent them. Hell. one of the most famous lawyers in LA defended OJ Simpson. I dont see how anyone can defend some people but I am not a defense attorney. Its our system though. Someone has to defend him in a court of law.

Its easier to defend a scumbag when you are a scumbag. Just because its our system does not make it right or just. System is just a system, and no system is always right. You guys want to think this guy is okay and is being wronged, go ahead and think that way, its your right.

I guess they ( BOD FOR PSU) just fired JoePa for the hell of it. It was his time to be fired, a few days before a big game.

Jim, I am not going to fight with you on this since we hit up the tailgates every Sunday.

The board of directors had no choice but to fire him. It has nothing to do with him being guilty or not. It was public perception.

Just from talking with you quickly about this at the game on Sunday I can tell that you are way too emotional about it do to the fact you have kids. That is the problem with people right now. As Matt Millen stated, it is an emotional topic. But lets stand back for a second, take the emotions out of it and let the legal process play itself out. That has always been my stance.

I also wanted to touch on your topic of shutting down the football program. If I understood your explanation on Sunday, and don't take this the wrong way, but it was laughable. Your stance is that they would shut down the program so as to limit their ability to pay out lawsuits since they would be bringing it 50 - 75 million dollars less per year? Is that correct?

Its easier to defend a scumbag when you are a scumbag. Just because its our system does not make it right or just. System is just a system, and no system is always right. You guys want to think this guy is okay and is being wronged, go ahead and think that way, its your right.

LOL. I guess you DO need reading comprehension if you can find ANYTHING that I said that says anyone is OK or that anyone is being wronged. The fact is OUR system is one where EVERY accused person has the right to be defended. Whether his attorney had sex with a 17 year old legally should have no bearing on this case at all. NONE.

I think Sandusky is guilty for sure but he has EVERY right to his day in court and be defended by a licensed attorney in the state of Pennsylvania.

Jim, I am not going to fight with you on this since we hit up the tailgates every Sunday.

The board of directors had no choice but to fire him. It has nothing to do with him being guilty or not. It was public perception.

Just from talking with you quickly about this at the game on Sunday I can tell that you are way too emotional about it do to the fact you have kids. That is the problem with people right now. As Matt Millen stated, it is an emotional topic. But lets stand back for a second, take the emotions out of it and let the legal process play itself out. That has always been my stance.

I also wanted to touch on your topic of shutting down the football program. If I understood your explanation on Sunday, and don't take this the wrong way, but it was laughable. Your stance is that they would shut down the program so as to limit their ability to pay out lawsuits since they would be bringing it 50 - 75 million dollars less per year? Is that correct?

ur saying we cant have opinions since it hasnt played out yet? we can have opinions, and who r u to say we cant? if i blindly said he was guilty i would be wrong, but i read up on the report(which 4 some reason u think isnt important even tho its 23 pages of graphic accusations of sexual assault by MULTIPLE parties), i looked at a timeline of events, who was involved in each event(which means who knew what happned), and formed an educated opinion. im not a juror, i can state what is on my mind. it is obvious as hell what happned here, and i will say what i feel. also what a cop out u wont argue with him since u tail gate with him.

ur saying we cant have opinions since it hasnt played out yet? we can have opinions, and who r u to say we cant? if i blindly said he was guilty i would be wrong, but i read up on the report(which 4 some reason u think isnt important even tho its 23 pages of graphic accusations of sexual assault by MULTIPLE parties), i looked at a timeline of events, who was involved in each event(which means who knew what happned), and formed an educated opinion. im not a juror, i can state what is on my mind. it is obvious as hell what happned here, and i will say what i feel. also what a cop out u wont argue with him since u tail gate with him.

Can I ask a quick question before I respond...what do you do for work?

Can I ask a quick question before I respond...what do you do for work?

hahaha thats completely irrelevant. i'll tell u i am a blue collar guy, so now lets watch u try 2 talk down to me and act all pretentious

Again, you are putting words in my mouth.

At no point did I say you can't have an opinion or that you have blindly made your conclusions. If you go back through "YOUR" posts that is exactly what you have stated about me. That I am blind, gullible and naive for not believing this guy and Joe Pa are 100% guilty.

Since it is clear that you are having trouble understanding what I am stating then I will end our discussion here. You have made up your mind that Sandusky is 100% guilty and JoePa and everyone else is in on the cover-up. I on the other hand am being logical about it. I am obviously leaning a certain way with what has been reported in the media thus far. But I am also open to letting both sides tell their story before I tar and feather those accused.

Again, you are putting words in my mouth.

At no point did I say you can't have an opinion or that you have blindly made your conclusions. If you go back through "YOUR" posts that is exactly what you have stated about me. That I am blind, gullible and naive for not believing this guy and Joe Pa are 100% guilty.

Since it is clear that you are having trouble understanding what I am stating then I will end our discussion here. You have made up your mind that Sandusky is 100% guilty and JoePa and everyone else is in on the cover-up. I on the other hand am being logical about it. I am obviously leaning a certain way with what has been reported in the media thus far. But I am also open to letting both sides tell their story before I tar and feather those accused.

ok so what was the purpose to ask what i do 4 a living? there had 2 be a reason behind it. u can think what u want, but dont give me crap for forming my opinion. if they r found innocent and this was all a bigggggggg conspiracy, i will be the 1st to apologize and admit i was wrong. i VERY highly doubt this will be the case though, in fact i would bet a lot of money on it. dont have ur own thoughts, let a jury of ur peers tell u what to think. oj and casey anthony are innocent too.
Wow, some of you guys do not understand the criminal justice system.

It's about protecting constitutional rights, NOT trying to let criminals go free.

Most criminal defense attorneys never even know if their clients are guilty or not. Sure, they may have hunches... but hunches are meaningless in a court of law. Facts are all that matter.

Every alleged child molester, serial rapist/murder on the planet deserves a fair trial, a defense attorney, and an impartial jury. That's the law.
Originally posted by aman49:
Wow, some of you guys do not understand the criminal justice system.

It's about protecting constitutional rights, NOT trying to let criminals go free.

Most criminal defense attorneys never even know if their clients are guilty or not. Sure, they may have hunches... but hunches are meaningless in a court of law. Facts are all that matter.

Every alleged child molester, serial rapist/murder on the planet deserves a fair trial, a defense attorney, and an impartial jury. That's the law.
in the country u mean, not on the planet. in some countries they would just cut this guys junk off and let him bleed out. i agree he deserves a fair trial, but my argument against sports fan is i dont by into his bs that we cant look into the case facts and form our own educated opinions until the trial. i also pointed out oj and casey anthony to prove the system doesn't always get it right, and by his logic they must be innocent.
Share 49ersWebzone