LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

World Series Similarties. San Francisco,St.louis

Giants

win division last day of regular season advance to playoffs, defeat braves who were heavy favorites NLDS, Defeat heavy favorites Phillies NLCS.
san francisco 49ers start 0-5
win world series 2010

Cardinals

win wild card last day of regular season, defeat favorites Phillies NLDS, defeat favorites Brewers NLCS
st louis rams start 0-5
win world series ??????????
Originally posted by stunder49:
Giants

win division last day of regular season advance to playoffs, defeat braves who were heavy favorites NLDS, Defeat heavy favorites Phillies NLCS.
win world series 2010

Cardinals

win wild card last day of regular season, defeat favorites Phillies NLDS, defeat favorites Brewers NLCS
st louis rams start 0-5

i dont remember exactly, but im pretty sure we were favored last year against the Braves
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by stunder49:
Giants

win world series 2010

Cardinals

st louis rams start 0-5

i dont remember exactly, but im pretty sure we were favored last year against the Braves

You are correct. We were favored against Atlanta and then dogs against Philly and Texas
Dunno bout similarities. But as far as differences go, the Cardinals suck and the Giants are awesome.
one thing that i thought was cool that Baggerly mentioned was that:

Texas watched us celebrate winning the world series, and St Louis watched us celebrate raising our banner/getting our rings.
I just dont get how the Cards keep getting so lucky in the playoffs. in 2006 they came in as the worst playoff team and won it all, and this year they came in as the worst playoff team, and are 3 wins from another ring.
Originally posted by Niners99:
I just dont get how the Cards keep getting so lucky in the playoffs. in 2006 they came in as the worst playoff team and won it all, and this year they came in as the worst playoff team, and are 3 wins from another ring.

It's only luck if your not a fan of the team. Just like everyone else thinks the niners are lucky. It's all about who is playIng the best when the playoffs start and it doesn't hurt that they have the best player in the game in Pujols.
its all about who comes in hot. Giants were playing playoff baseball for damn near a month before the postseason last year and that momentum carried them all the way. Same with Cards this year
PHUCK NO

SF Giants are 100% better than the Pujolses.
How can there be much similarities if the Cardinals are going to lose the series?

Well, here's one less similarity...STL allowed the Texans to win two games, there will be a Game 6, maybe Game 7 to decide the winner. SF did it in 5 games.
Originally posted by Yunchang:

It's only luck if your not a fan of the team. Just like everyone else thinks the niners are lucky. It's all about who is playIng the best when the playoffs start and it doesn't hurt that they have the best player in the game in Pujols.

winning 83 games, making the playoffs, and winning the WS, and then being 10+ out with a month to play, Braves have a historic collapse to allow you in, you make it to the WS. thats not lucky to you?

they got to the WS both times fair and square, but both the 2006 and 2011 teams had no business making the playoffs. I watched the Cards this year. they were not good. their bullpen is awful. they just represent the fact that if you can get it somehow, anyone has a chance regardless of how good you are.

In a normal year, the 06 and 11 Cards dont even make the playoffs, so i consider them lucky. twice now outside circumstances have gone extremely in their favor so they could make it.

winning 83 games, making the playoffs, and winning the WS, and then being 10+ out with a month to play, Braves have a historic collapse to allow you in, you make it to the WS. thats not lucky to you?

they got to the WS both times fair and square, but both the 2006 and 2011 teams had no business making the playoffs. I watched the Cards this year. they were not good. their bullpen is awful. they just represent the fact that if you can get it somehow, anyone has a chance regardless of how good you are.

In a normal year, the 06 and 11 Cards dont even make the playoffs, so i consider them lucky. twice now outside circumstances have gone extremely in their favor so they could make it.

u should already know it's not about who's the best team overall..its about who's the hottest in Sept.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

u should already know it's not about who's the best team overall..its about who's the hottest in Sept.

so........October doesn't matter?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

so........October doesn't matter?

forgot to add September and going forward, Singletary style.
Share 49ersWebzone