There are 150 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Anyone truly mad anymore? Same s**t every year
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
**** Auntie Nemo ... he couldn't stop a WET VOLLEY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I remember someone came in here when we were up 3 and mentioned how funny it would be if LA came back to win it (fans would be livid or something like that)... where are you... you called it (was kinda funny)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Can we package Boyle/Auntie Nemo/Havlat/Couture and get a great deal (like who)?
Originally posted by LVJay:
**** Auntie Nemo ... he couldn't stop a WET VOLLEY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I blame the loss on the rest of the team more than Niemi. For most of the last 4 games, they couldn't get the puck past the neutral zone and when they had a good shot opportunity, they would turn it over and hang Niemi out to dry. There were a few goals that should have been stopped, but you can't keep letting your goalie face odd man rushes, and expect him to save everything.

The forecheck sucked
The Back check sucked
The passing sucked
The shooting sucked (Please hesitate one more time on the f**king power play!)
The rebounding sucked

This was a mirror image of last season against the Kings. The Kings got wise and started knocking the snot out of our guys and they folded. Again.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Apr 30, 2014 at 10:38 PM ]
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I blame the loss on the rest of the team more than Niemi. For most of the last 4 games, they couldn't get the puck past the neutral zone and when they had a good shot opportunity, they would turn it over and hang Niemi out to dry. There were a few goals that should have been stopped, but you can't keep letting your goalie face odd man rushes, and expect him to save everything.

The forecheck sucked
The Back check sucked
The passing sucked
The rebounding sucked

This was a mirror image of last season against the Kings. The Kings got wise and started knocking the snot out of our guys and they folded. Again.

Agree 100%
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
If he goes, we will gladly take him in LA. We could use a left winger with speed.

With that D, that would be no fair to the whole league.... no deal

To be real though, i dont think you guys need to make a ton of changes. I dont think Niemi was as bad as a lot of fans are saying in here. Stalock is not ready IMO. Maybe by next post season, but not now.

Thornton had a bad series, thats for sure. He just didnt elevate his game.

I personally cant stand couture, but he is a real solid young player for you guys. I dont think he can handle a physical team like LA, and i think thats why he disapeared, but he is certainly part of your core going forward. Over all you guys have a lot of bright budding stars on the team, and a solid core. You just need to bring in a couple of players that have an edge and a history of stepping up in big games.

Williams, Richards, and Carter were the catalyst for the kings turn around. Some similar moves for the Sharks may be what they need.

I do agree coach has to go. It just has to happen with the expectations of fans in San Jose.
Lol. Wow. This is from the series against the Red Wings: http://www.tauntr.com/content/warding-playoff-shark-attack
Didn't watch because I knew we were going to lose, and I physically could not handle it. Too much stress already on my plate -- if they won, great, I could watch the next round. If I watched them lose? It would just leave me at an unbearable level of sickened for days.

Called it. Kings started forcing us to play their game, which only a few of our guys are willing to play. Wouldn't be surprised if LA repeats.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Didn't watch because I knew we were going to lose, and I physically could not handle it. Too much stress already on my plate -- if they won, great, I could watch the next round. If I watched them lose? It would just leave me at an unbearable level of sickened for days.

Called it. Kings started forcing us to play their game, which only a few of our guys are willing to play. Wouldn't be surprised if LA repeats.

Yep. Those few are Burns, Brown, and Torres. It has to be frustrating for those guys to watch virtually everyone else just fold.

• LVJay
  • Veteran

The forecheck sucked
The Back check sucked
The passing sucked
The rebounding sucked

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
To be real though, i dont think you guys need to make a ton of changes. I dont think Niemi was as bad as a lot of fans are saying in here. Stalock is not ready IMO. Maybe by next post season, but not now.

Thornton had a bad series, thats for sure. He just didnt elevate his game.

I personally cant stand couture, but he is a real solid young player for you guys. I dont think he can handle a physical team like LA, and i think thats why he disapeared, but he is certainly part of your core going forward. Over all you guys have a lot of bright budding stars on the team, and a solid core. You just need to bring in a couple of players that have an edge and a history of stepping up in big games.

Williams, Richards, and Carter were the catalyst for the kings turn around. Some similar moves for the Sharks may be what they need.

I do agree coach has to go. It just has to happen with the expectations of fans in San Jose.

If it's not one guy, it's another... if it's not one line, it's another... if it's not the goalie in one game it's in another game... the coach.

Maybe it's our trainer / conditioning coach

Alviso Charks
Lol. Wow. This is from the series against the Red Wings: http://www.tauntr.com/content/warding-playoff-shark-attack

Wow. True then, and even more so now.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Does anyone know McLellan's email address.... send him that link!
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I read it and thought it was done pretty recently. Then I saw the comments below. Every single thing said was EXACTLY how they lost this series. The more things change, the more they stay the same. *sigh*
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Anyone truly mad anymore? Same s**t every year

Ive been hooked on sharks hockey since the times we were a new franchise and beat powerhouse Detroit as the 8 seed and was a jamie baker post shot in OT to make the conference finals.

But since then its been very frustrating.
Share 49ersWebzone