There are 130 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

HOLY EFFING CRAP. I missed this game and Hertl had FOUR GOALS? Nieto with three points too? DANG. These rookies are dominating.
4 goals in 11 minutes
Originally posted by ads_2006:
4 goals in 11 minutes

the last one is probably the best goal of the year,,,he shot the puck between his legs while moving left to right across the goal tender
Originally posted by hofer36:
4 goals in 11 minutes

the last one is probably the best goal of the year,,,he shot the puck between his legs while moving left to right across the goal tender

That was insanely awesome.

I hope he can provide the offensive spark the sharks have needed.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by hofer36:
4 goals in 11 minutes

That was insanely awesome.

I hope he can provide the offensive spark the sharks have needed.
i still dont believe it
Originally posted by SofaKing:

f**k my ass...that is majestic.

the show put on by Tomas Hertl was LEGENDARY. GOAL OF THE YEAR. congrat's SJ for finding a exciting young budding superstar in the making.
Hertl
That was a sick goal by Hertl.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Hertl is f**king amazing.

Wow. No one expected this Im speechless.

Dude is for real, he is the truth. What a performance and start to the season, to cap it all off he has probably what will be the best goal of the year and personally one of the best goals I have seen.
Stuart suspended 3 games for the elbow to Nash.

Originally posted by Garcia:
Hertl is f**king amazing.

Wow. No one expected this Im speechless.

Dude is for real, he is the truth. What a performance and start to the season, to cap it all off he has probably what will be the best goal of the year and personally one of the best goals I have seen.

In tracking his development, I knew the guy was really good playing with grown men overseas, but THIS good? No idea. He's playing like he was a Top 5 or Top 3 pick and I'm absolutely loving it.

Can't forget Nieto too. Like I guessed, he would make the team because like Hertl, all the reports stated that the levels they were at simply were no match for them and reportedly these guys were skating circles around the competition. Nieto didn't belong in Worcester. Hertl didn't belong in the overseas league. They both were ready for the NHL (including Hamilton too).

Those three -- "the big three" I called them -- Hertl, Hamilton, Nieto, all had me very hopeful. Now it's turned to full-blown excitement!
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
the show put on by Tomas Hertl was LEGENDARY. GOAL OF THE YEAR. congrat's SJ for finding a exciting young budding superstar in the making.

Lulz will be mentioned in trade rumors for a sniper to play along with Thornton (i.e Nash last year)
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Sharks GM Doug Wilson was telling me a year ago to remember the name Tomas Hertl. For those who have spoken to Wilson over the years, he's not one for hefty praise. He prefers his players' actions to do the talking. But you could tell last season when the veteran GM would talk about the Czech forward that he was cautiously excited about what was coming down the pipe.
- Pierre LeBrun

I dunno about Goal of the Year

Its a pretty classic f**king around move that people have done for years. Its actually easy for goalies to stop too, you'll notice Biron drops his blocker like an idiot allowing the goal to go in. Bad form on the goalie more than an amazing goal.

Maybe Biron was thinking poke check at first and then thought "oh s**t"?
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 10, 2013 at 4:55 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I dunno about Goal of the Year

Its a pretty classic f**king around move that people have done for years. Its actually easy for goalies to stop too, you'll notice Biron drops his blocker like an idiot allowing the goal to go in. Bad form on the goalie more than an amazing goal.

Maybe Biron was thinking poke check at first and then thought "oh s**t"?

Yea, while the 4 goals was impressive, that goal was nothing that your average skater can atleast attempt. It was impressive for a 19 y/o to score that as his 4th goal in a game though.

But like mentioned its nothing new. If malik can make that goal in a game winning shootout, than its fair to say its not that legendary.

Hell Jagr was doing it before this kid was born.

Not trying to take anything away from the 19 y/o but it wasnt as legendary as its made out to be. Let him do that in a playoff game winner, not in a early regular season blowout, and then we can talk legendary.
Share 49ersWebzone