LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by Garcia:
We just traded a 2nd Rnd Pick to PITT for some goon Tyler Kennedy

Anyone want to she'd light ok this doot?

Last season was his career worst. Only thing I can think of is he's Galiardi's replacement for speed on the line with Thornton and Burns.

Aside from last season, he's been good for Pitt, never having a minus rating and posting very solid scoring totals. It's a risk, but if it pays off it could be a solid trade. Right now, it's a big question mark. Not a good or bad trade right now. But I don't hate it. It's a "wait and see" thing, although a high risk - "moderate reward" deal.

Hopefully it was just a down year and he gets back on track with us. The idea is I think they feel he is way better defensively than Galiardi, but with the same speed and more toughness.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jun 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
We need to do a way better job of developing bottom six forwards. That's why Wilson keeps overpaying for them in trades and free agency.
Sharkies trade #20 & 58 to Redwings for 18th
Mirco Mueller D
  • Garce
  • Veteran
We just traded the 2nd we got for Murray to DET to move up from 20th to 18th in the first
Fire Doug Wilson

Well, idk 4 picks in top 58 and we only select 3 players, to of which will be prospects (one on D)

I think d-wil doesn't believe the window has closed yet based on last season. It was a strike shortened season so idk how much stock I would put into it. Instead of restocking the farm system, he went for the cup. I guess we can restock when we have a fire sale.
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jun 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM ]
also

there is no way we can resign everyone and be under the cap because of that f**ktard fragile vagina named havlat

someone will be moved, money on either boyle or pavelski
Originally posted by ads_2006:
also

there is no way we can resign everyone and be under the cap because of that f**ktard fragile vagina named havlat

Getting rid of the Big Pavelski would be horrible. Both he and Boyle are big-time performers, but the difference is Pavelski has many years left in the tank to help us with a championship. Boyle is making more money, and I'd hate to see him go -- but if we can get a young star in here soon (we've got some D prospects), it might lessen that blow.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
We really gave up a second round pick to move up two spots. I know Wilson loves to trade up but that's ridiculous.
Originally posted by Hopper:
We really gave up a second round pick to move up two spots. I know Wilson loves to trade up but that's ridiculous.

I don't know the ins and outs of the NHL Draft, but thinking of it NFL-wise, it does seem like a little much unless they so badly wanted to move up, they wanted to make sure they offered more than any other team may have been at the moment. Mueller apparently was rated as the #2 D-man in the entire draft by many teams.

One key theme I noticed with our first two draft picks. Most highly touted traits for Mueller and Boudreau? #1 Skating, and #2 one-on-one battles and their compete level.

We want people that can move around the ice and will consistently win battles for/to the puck. I like the strategy. Both I'm sure will add a little more size as they physically mature (Mueller is 6-3 188 right now, Boudreau 5-11 168).

we keep drafting D, when we have no forwards....

i guess burns will be a forward for the upcoming seasons

Defense wins Champsionships
  • Garce
  • Veteran
also

i hope we trade havlat.
Originally posted by Garcia:
also

i hope we trade havlat.

I honestly don't care what we get for him, I just want him out of here.

You don't draft for immediate needs, its a bit more like MLB draft than NFL draft outside the top 10 picks. Outside top 10 picks, you just draft BPA/fits the type of player you want.
Share 49ersWebzone