• NickV
  • Veteran
Fuuuuuuuuu
Let's go Niners!
I want changes, I want marleau shipped out
  • Garce
  • Veteran
So close....
I honestly believe the Torres suspension changed the series. After he was suspended the Sharks lost a lot of toughness.

The Kings won the series by hitting the snot out of the sharks and throwing pucks at the net.

From this point on ill be rooting against the Kings. Even if it comes to Detroit playing them.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on May 28, 2013 at 8:48 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
f**k yea!

GO KINGS GO!

See you fools next season.

Congrats Idaho.
Time to completely blow up this team?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Time to completely blow up this team?

marleau, thornton, and others are in a contract year next season

trade deadline will be interesting next year

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I honestly believe the Torres suspension changed the series. After he was suspended the Sharks lost a lot of toughness.

The Kings won the series by hitting the snot out of the sharks and throwing pucks at the net.

From this point on ill be rooting against the Kings. Even if it comes to Detroit playing them.

No this series changed in game 2 and those final minutes. Horrible officiating combined with a Sharks Meltdown.
[ Edited by ads_2006 on May 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

No this series changed in game 2 and those final minutes. Horrible officiating combined with a Sharks Meltdown.

Very true. That BS 5-3 will live in my nightmares. I just think for the series as a whole, Torres and Burns out there hitting would have given the sharks the edge. Without him and Havlat, they had no depth.

How can you say horrible officiating when the favor was repaid the very next game and in game 4 they waved off a goal that would have tied it. Unbelievable. Main reason I can't root for the Sharks, their fans complain when they get a call against them and complain when they don't get a call for them. Everything is always traced back to the refs.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

How can you say horrible officiating when the favor was repaid the very next game and in game 4 they waved off a goal that would have tied it. Unbelievable. Main reason I can't root for the Sharks, their fans complain when they get a call against them and complain when they don't get a call for them. Everything is always traced back to the refs.

There were bad calls and non-calls on both sides. I will say the biggest difference in the series was that the Sharks couldn't consistently get in front of the net. They were getting knocked around and I think Quick got way too much credit and the Kings D didn't get nearly enough credit.

On the other end, the Kings were in front of Niemi much more on the forecheck and probably 1/3 of their goals came from lucky bounces and creating those deflections.

This series was so close that no matter who lost, people would be complaining and trying to find reasons.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on May 28, 2013 at 9:14 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone