There are 229 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Has Torres even been officially suspended?

this should have at least been leaked out...but it's pure silence right now

I think he'll be back with a fine
he probably got a bonus
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Torres will never learn. His hits are under a microscope because he's a dirty player.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Has Torres even been officially suspended?

this should have at least been leaked out...but it's pure silence right now

probably discussing how the hit was ok, but because he is raffi torres he is gonna get suspended.
When a player is called to an in person hearing, the player is suspended until that hearing takes place. So yes, he is officially suspended until that hearing takes place. Generally when such a hearing takes place, its for 5+ games since it is mandatory for such a hearing if the suspension is gonna be for 5+.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL you guys are so predictible.

Not dirty? you have to be kidding me. Did you even watch the video? or just see what you want to see?

And torres isaint a dirty player? LOL......

Whats funny is im sure many or you were calling for brown to be suspended when the "cold shoulder" elbow occured, but yet torres hit wasnt dirty? I guess the Hossa hit last year in the playoffs wasnt dirty either? The guys entire career is garbage and dirty hits.

What a joke. Homers in the worst way.

Shouler to shoulder. LOL.

Stoll tosses the puck, Torres comes frm accross ice, leads with his shoulder straight into Stolls face, making contact with his face first, an thats a clean hit?

Wow. Kinda homerish on your part.

Torres didn't leave his feet, and connected shoulder to shoulder. He dropped a big hit. That's all. Sad that Stoll got hurt, but you need to put down the homerade.

Like how the homer Kings broadcast crew calls the shot on Doughty cheap just before the Stoll hit...and that was nothing, too.

BTW...this is not a defense of Torres. He has a bad rap for a reason. But bad rap or no, all he did here was drop a big hit.

The hit was not shoulder to shoulder. Not even close. That issue is pretty much not even debateable to anyone that saw the hit from multiple angles and speeds. What is debateable is if it was malicius intent. And since it is torres.... But i have stated my position in here several times. Im pretty much done with it.

Game two tonight. Go Kings Go!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
torres is out tonight

Joe Pavelski – Logan Couture – Patrick Marleau

TJ Galiardi – Joe Thornton – Brent Burns

James Sheppard –Scott Gomez – Tommy Wingels

Andrew Desjardins –Tim Kennedy – Bracken Kearns

Matt Irwin – Dan Boyle

Marc-Edouard Vlasic – Justin Braun

Scott Hannan – Brad Stuart

Antti Niemi

Thomas Greiss

Scratched: Jason Demers , Matt Tennyson

Injured: Martin Havlat (lower body), Adam Burish (hand)
  • Garce
  • Veteran
The hit was not shoulder to shoulder. Not even close. That issue is pretty much not even debateable to anyone that saw the hit from multiple angles and speeds. What is debateable is if it was malicius intent. And since it is torres.... But i have stated my position in here several times. Im pretty much done with it.

now gtfo
Originally posted by Garcia:

now gtfo

LOL. So territorial. I think ill stick around until the series is over.
Clean hit in my book. Torres will not be suspended.

Come on.

Look, I am a fan that likes to allow a little more than what is currently being mandated by the leagues. I hate what is happening to the NFL. And I hate how everyone always gets up in arms when a guy lays a big hit and the player gets hurt.

But this is just slightly over the line in my book. To me it comes down to players taking responsibility for other players. The question I ask myself was (regardless of whether you think the hit is clean or not), was the hit necessary? And I think in this case that is 100% no, the hit was not necessary. Stoll is leaning foward with his head down, so that makes the hit worse then what it was. But Torres can see this. Yet he continues to proceed with the hit. And while he doesn't leave his feet, he does raise up making the contact with the head worse.

This is a suspension, 100%. I figure 4 games min.
You could make the case that any hit is not necessary....

Whats worse is the sharks players know it was a hit to stolls head. Thats why you have guys like Thornton blaming stoll and saying that he should learn to keep his head up.

This one almost anyone paying attention could see was going to be a suspension. it was an east west hit, which the league really wants to eliminate, and it was a blindside hit where a shoulder connected to a players head. Add to that we are talking about torres, and it was obvious it was gonna be a suspension.

I dont know why people always bring up "he didnt leave his feet" on any questionable hit. That is not a deciding factor on questionable hits, it just makes them worse.

Not dirty? you have to be kidding me. Did you even watch the video? or just see what you want to see?

Whats funny is im sure many or you were calling for brown to be suspended when the "cold shoulder" elbow occured, but yet torres hit wasnt dirty? I guess the Hossa hit last year in the playoffs wasnt dirty either? The guys entire career is garbage and dirty hits.

Stoll tosses the puck, Torres comes frm accross ice, leads with his shoulder straight into Stolls face, making contact with his face first, an thats a clean hit?

Torres didn't leave his feet, and connected shoulder to shoulder. He dropped a big hit. That's all. Sad that Stoll got hurt, but you need to put down the homerade.

Like how the homer Kings broadcast crew calls the shot on Doughty cheap just before the Stoll hit...and that was nothing, too.

BTW...this is not a defense of Torres. He has a bad rap for a reason. But bad rap or no, all he did here was drop a big hit.

I'm not a fan of Kings or the Sharks, and Torres hit was clearly dirty. If he had no history, it would probably be a 1 or 2 games suspension. Torres hit was high, made contact with the head, Stoll didn't even have possession of the puck and Stoll was looking the other way. Thats a clear intent to injure IMO.

I think the Doughty hit was clean, because if you watch the replay, it looks like Doughty tried to draw a call. He sees the Sharks player coming and instead of getting ready to be hit turns his back to the incoming player? Thats a big problem now days in the NHL. Use to be players saw a big hit coming and got ready to absorb it, now players are turning your back to it to draw a penalty.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on May 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I'm not a fan of Kings or the Sharks, and Torres hit was clearly dirty. If he had no history, it would probably be a 1 or 2 games suspension. Torres hit was high, made contact with the head, Stoll didn't even have possession of the puck and Stoll was looking the other way. Thats a clear intent to injure IMO.

I think the Doughty hit was clean, because if you watch the replay, it looks like Doughty tried to draw a call. He sees the Sharks player coming and instead of getting ready to be hit turns his back to the incoming player? Thats a big problem now days in the NHL. Use to be players saw a big hit coming and got ready to absorb it, now players are turning your back to it to draw a penalty.

Doughty is actually guilty of that quite often, i will admit. He is a great player, but thats one of the things that bugs me a bit with him.

Leg, come on. You were upset for that hit on Roy last round. We argued over text about how that was not dirty. I am not saying this hit was dirty. But it is the same as I said about the hit on Roy (I think that is his name). It is a hit that is not necessary. Players have to learn to respect each other. The league can't legislate this stuff away (it will only ruin the game).

This is a play Torres didn't have to make. Yes he didn't leave his feet but you can clearly see that his shoulder, elbow makes contact with the head and he raises up through the check.
Torres suspended for rest of the series
Share 49ersWebzone