LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Originally posted by DaManRathman:
You aren't building a case as to why he should be suspended?

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
http://holdthepoint.com/2013/05/15/photographic-proof-why-torres-should-be-suspended-cuz-its-a-head-shot/

He gets all head. That was not shoulder to shoulder. What a joke.

Looks like that is what you are doing to me.

In any case, I am not here to argue. I was just amused you would come in here, call for Torres to get suspended, and be at all surprised that Shark fans aren't jumping up to support you.

FWIW, I think he will get suspended and deserves it. He hit him in while in a vulnerable position and looked like he was targeting his head, even if Stoll wasn't fully upright. His reputation will not help his case. If that hit were delivered to a Shark player, most fans here would be calling for a suspension as well.

He already is suspended. He will not play in thursdays game. He will be in NY for his hearing, and the hearing means it will likely be 5+games.
He already is suspended. He will not play in thursdays game. He will be in NY for his hearing, and the hearing means it will likely be 5+games.

Yup, just read the update. Would not be surprised to see a 5+ game suspension handed down.
I'm not even going to touch this whole Torres suspension topic -- not with a 20 foot pole. .. What I'M concerned about is who we expect to have on the ice to replace him and Havlat. Also, Kearns is not worthy of being on the ice. Seriously, I know he was an AHL star, but he's out of his league up here.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm not even going to touch this whole Torres suspension topic -- not with a 20 foot pole. .. What I'M concerned about is who we expect to have on the ice to replace him and Havlat. Also, Kearns is not worthy of being on the ice. Seriously, I know he was an AHL star, but he's out of his league up here.

In truth, they are in trouble. With Torres, Havlat, and even Burrish out, they are going to have to lean on some meh players.

Hopefully the surgeons are able to successfully remove all the sand from Havlat's vagina fairly soon here. Not holding my breath, however.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

In truth, they are in trouble. With Torres, Havlat, and even Burrish out, they are going to have to lean on some meh players.

Hopefully the surgeons are able to successfully remove all the sand from Havlat's vagina fairly soon here. Not holding my breath, however.

I thought you guys were expecting havlat back sometime this series?

idk at this point, coaches havent been straightforward with his injury.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

idk at this point, coaches havent been straightforward with his injury.

We could easily live without Burish, but not having Havlat hurts us in the speed and solid defensive forward category. Without Torres, we've lost a ton of grit, board-battling, and physicality in general.

Quite honestly, if Demers is healthy, I want him on the ice, potentially at Winger. Have him or Kennedy replace Burish. If Havlat and Torres are both out, Gomez moves up to the third line:

Galiardi-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Pavelski
Gomez-Desjardins-Wingels
Kennedy-Sheppard-Demers

According to reports, Demers practiced and is ready to play.
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nhl/Jason_Demers/2852994/jason-demers-lower-body-practiced-monday-and-says-hes-ready
http://www.fleaflicker.com/nhl/news-item?newsId=63468

Even if they put him back on D, it might be good to have a faster, fresher defenseman with better scoring and puck-moving ability out there. Demers is not as big, but he's still a physical player.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 15, 2013 at 7:35 PM ]
We're f**ked without Torres and on top of that Havlat and his b***h ass
LOL you guys are so predictible.

Not dirty? you have to be kidding me. Did you even watch the video? or just see what you want to see?

And torres isaint a dirty player? LOL......

Whats funny is im sure many or you were calling for brown to be suspended when the "cold shoulder" elbow occured, but yet torres hit wasnt dirty? I guess the Hossa hit last year in the playoffs wasnt dirty either? The guys entire career is garbage and dirty hits.

What a joke. Homers in the worst way.

Shouler to shoulder. LOL.

Stoll tosses the puck, Torres comes frm accross ice, leads with his shoulder straight into Stolls face, making contact with his face first, an thats a clean hit?

Wow. Kinda homerish on your part.

Torres didn't leave his feet, and connected shoulder to shoulder. He dropped a big hit. That's all. Sad that Stoll got hurt, but you need to put down the homerade.

Like how the homer Kings broadcast crew calls the shot on Doughty cheap just before the Stoll hit...and that was nothing, too.

BTW...this is not a defense of Torres. He has a bad rap for a reason. But bad rap or no, all he did here was drop a big hit.

And that is b******t. Torres earned his bad rap...but a suspension for that hit is a joke.

Havlat is out because he took a stick to the stones from Bieksa. Where was the league's "outrage" there? No discipline, no penalty...nothing.

This suspension is the product of grandstanding by Sutter/Lombardi, and it worked. Golf clap.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
We're f**ked without Torres and on top of that Havlat and his b***h ass

Yea we are , can see us going down 0-2 tonight so not very optimistic, but you never know
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

And that is b******t. Torres earned his bad rap...but a suspension for that hit is a joke.

Havlat is out because he took a stick to the stones from Bieksa. Where was the league's "outrage" there? No discipline, no penalty...nothing.

This suspension is the product of grandstanding by Sutter/Lombardi, and it worked. Golf clap.

Yea and not to mention losing one of our best physical presence on the ice, F the NHL for handicapping a team in the middle of a playoff series it's bullcrap
Has Torres even been officially suspended?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

this should have at least been leaked out...but it's pure silence right now
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

this should have at least been leaked out...but it's pure silence right now

I think he'll be back with a fine
Share 49ersWebzone